Casa de Manana | Independent Living

849 Coast Boulevard, La Jolla, CA, 92037

Top nearby Independent Living Communities

Reviews of Casa de Manana | Independent Living

Caring104765550 April 07, 2015

Casa de Manana was terrific and very clean. The lady was very competent and forthcoming and gave us a lot of information on the tour. We had lunch there, and it was good. The dining room has an ocean view. The rooms were small. What surprised me was they had a small kitchen, and the appliances were old. They said nobody uses them; that's why they don't put new appliances in.

They had a lot of activities. I like the overall impression of the place. Somebody I know lives there, and she loves it. There is no upfront fee -- just a monthly charge.

Claudette2 June 30, 2014

I like Casa de Manana's location. It is close to the beach. You could just walk over to the ocean and walk around La Jolla. It is very nice. My friend was in a very small room, and there wasn't much room to move around in. They just had one big room where they held singing at Christmastime and Thanksgiving dinner, and they would turn it into a crafts room, so they didn't have much in the way of entertainment to keep your mind going. Food was nice, but it was simple and nothing fancy.

Diane Bruckman June 23, 2014

The assisted living of Casa Manana was across the street from the main part, and you had to cross the busy street to get to the regular dining room. The staff was really high quality people. I had lunch there, and the food was really nice. The rooms were built before 1940 and they didn’t have a thermostat for each rooms. They made you bring your own personal air conditioner and heater. They have a tiny refrigerator and a microwave. They have a library and a common room, which was nicely decorated.

Caring75514550 March 29, 2014

The Casa De Manana had been a very elegant hotel in the 1920s. The original dining room was beautiful. They have a beautiful library overlooking the ocean. The rooms are original to the hotel, and then they built a couple of several-story buildings across the street, and one was for memory care. It's very well laid out. They also have every kind of activity for the residents, including a swimming pool and a movie theater. It was really beautiful, very nice.

DougD June 29, 2012

This is a really nice place. It is set up with a main building and several outside apartments for residents with more independence. The common areas are especially nice. They are always kept very clean and well taken care of. The staff have always been very attentive and friendly, and the workers in the eating area are especially attentive with meal requests and things of that sort. I did not personally find the food appetizing, but it was much better than I've seen at other locations, and my grandmother was always happy with it. Most of all, The Casa seems to have a really nice community, as they are frequently taking residents out on trips to local areas. They also have many local events and gatherings that keep the residents friendly and social. My main complaint is that they keep raising the price and the place is expensive enough as is, but if you can afford it this is a great place to live.

Virginia L. August 23, 2011

Casa is a wonderful home for my parents. The staff is caring, friendly, and patient, and the residents are delightful. I couldn't be happier!

From Casa de Manana

Imagine being at home in one of the world?s most spectacular settings. Welcome to Casa de Manana Retirement Community in beautiful La Jolla, the jewel of the Southern California coastline. Bask in breathtaking scenery, watch seals play in the gentle surf, wander through a quaint village, and socialize with friends from across the globe. Enjoy upscale but comfortable living on the magnificent Pacific Ocean, with an entire world of culture, recreation and learning right next door.

Rich in tradition, bathed in breathtaking beauty, and full of inimitable Southern California style -- our oceanside retirement community is one of the most spectacular spots on the entire California coastline, a charmed piece of earth where the view changes daily.

Complementing our campus is the same classic Spanish architecture that first dazzled visitors 80 years ago. But most importantly, it?s our friendly, highly individual service philosophy that gets the biggest rave reviews. Casa de Manana has been named ?Best Retirement Community? four years in a row by The San Diego Union Tribune, ?Best Retirement Community? eight years in a row by the readers of La Jolla Light, and twice by Ranch & Coast magazine.

Climate ... culture ... comfort ... and the Pacific Ocean right outside your door. That's the Casa de Manana difference.

Location of Casa de Manana