Primrose Retirement Community of Kokomo | Independent Living

329 Rainbow Dr, Kokomo, IN, 46902

Top nearby Independent Living Communities

Reviews of Primrose Retirement Community of Kokomo | Independent Living

Terri17 April 24, 2014

Dad lives in Primrose. It’s a retirement community, and he’s been there for two years now. It’s very nice there. It’s very pricey, and one of the things that was a problem for me is that his monthly rent is $3,285. The rent has gone up twice since he’s been there. He’s the only African American in the facility. Even in the independent living and their condo, they do not have any other black residents there, and I think it’s because of the cost.

They have a great turnover rate in their employees, which I have a problem with because they’re charging so much for his care. I do his medication. If I did not do his medication, they would charge an additional $425.

I don’t like the staff. They are not very friendly. They have a restaurant-style dining where they serve the residents, and some of the people sit and wait quite a while to be served. I had suggested that they do a cafeteria style so that the residents come down to eat and get what they want to eat. Someone could assist them in taking their tray to their table. I’ve been over there in the mornings, at lunchtime, and at dinnertime, and I’m not satisfied. The food is edible, but they don’t have a very wide variety of food there for him.

They have bowling leagues where they bowl on the Wii. They have exercises daily. They have happy hour time and an ice cream parlor during the week. They also have a movie theater on Saturdays. They have chapel time on Sunday. They have a lunch bunch, where they take the residents to lunch if they would like to go. They also have a raffle where you can win a free lunch. They have bingo. They have a lot of different kinds of activities. They also take them grocery shopping at least twice a week and take them to the drug store every week. They will take him to doctor’s appointments. Any appointment that he needs, they will provide that service for him.

I like that he’s able to do things on his own. He can come and go as he pleases. He told me one day that he and some friends got in the car and they rode around downtown Kokomo. The reason why I chose it is because it is within walking distance of my home. If I needed to, I could walk to my dad, and my dad can walk over here.

Cindy66052961 August 15, 2013

It was very nice. I loved the dining room. The food was okay. I saw a studio apartment, a one-bedroom apartment in assisted living and a two-bedroom apartment which was not in assisted living and that was what I liked best. But I was more interested in assisted living. What I liked about them was that the apartments were nice and open. They had large windows so they had more light coming in. They had their own full-time nursing staff. They had a pub and an ice cream parlor, but they were open only one day a week. I would recommend them to others.

From Primrose Retirement Community of Kokomo

Primrose is committed to providing a happy, healthy environment for our residents. Independent living is all about enjoying the freedom and vitality of retirement, while having quick and easy access to everyday conveniences and spacious apartments. Some prefer living in our townhome villas, with over 1,500 square feet of space and all the modern amenities included. No matter your choice, you’ll feel right at home if you come visit, and you’ll soon see why, at Primrose, we say “This Is Living!”

Location of Primrose Retirement Community of Kokomo