Good Samaritan Society - Kissimmee Village | Independent Living

4250 Village Drive, Kissimmee, FL, 34746

Top nearby Independent Living Communities

Reviews of Good Samaritan Society - Kissimmee Village | Independent Living

Barbara111329550 July 28, 2015

I did visit Good Samaritan. The place was very beautiful. It was very nice. I liked seeing the different restaurants that they had -- the eating places -- and it was decorated very lovely. They had the rooms where you could go take a book and sit and read, or you could go outside. The rooms were small, naturally. The idea is to go there and participate in the different activities, and not just sit in your room. That is the one thing that I had to remember because I kind of love sitting by myself. I liked the idea that they had these little bus stations into where the residents are, and if you were going to some place like to a store, to Walmart, or someplace, you would meet at those little bus stops near your house, then the bus would come pick you up, take you, and then will bring you back. It was just a very nice idea because you are really not stuck there alone. The place itself was beautiful. It had a very nice entrance way. The foyer was all decorated, and there were pretty chairs and flowers, so it was nice to see that there are places like that. The only thing that was wrong that I couldn't take advantage of these places was the price. I know you had to pay for these things, they don't come free, but I just couldn't afford to live there right now. I know that if ever I need assisted living, they have it. I could probably move from independent into assisted if need be.

Caring107253550 March 07, 2015

The staff at Good Samaritan Society was very nice. The buildings were a little dated, but they are in the process of repairing. I was given a tour by one of the managers or directors there, and she showed me the entire facility, talked about how they have all kinds of levels of care depending what the particular needs would be, and took me to all of the rooms that had all those stages. Some folks of course can feed themselves, and I saw them doing puzzles, watching TV, and arts and crafts going on.

Caring101559150 November 11, 2014

Good Samaritan was very good, but we thought it was really too high for us at that time. It has a lot of things to do for people in their 70s, 60s, and 80s. They got bingo and game nights. The room was about 1300 square feet for that place, and it’s on a golf course. The food was excellent, you just go to the restaurant, you order want you want, and you pay for it. They have two different restaurants -- that’s normal -- and they have a little fancier restaurant. The staff was very nice, helpful and friendly, they take you around. They have car park and pharmacy.

NOTHAPPY101 June 23, 2014

I must give this location 2 stars one for the staff and one for managment. The director of this location who goes by the name if Missy is incredibly RUDE and when she doesn't like what she hears she simply laughs in your face. I have seen so many bad things happen at this location that it turns my stomach! I am going to have my family membered REMOVED from here ASAP. DCF needs to really do a SWEEP. The CNA some are amazing and some are TERRIBLE. So many errors were made and no apologies. It's so sad that a SO CALLED "Christian Community" has some very NON Christian manners. Whatever you DO please do not put your loved one in this facility OR ANY for that matter. You may think it's the best thing but once they get in there they will NEVER be the same. They lose all confidence in themselves. My family member walks with her head down ALL the time and HAS NEVER EVER done that. The Director of Therapy told me that if I wanted therapy for my mom it would be $200 an hour because she didn't require it. MIND YOU my family memeber has Parkinsons and NEEDS as much much help with motor skills. My family member went in there because of a stroke she was so much better off home. THIS PLACE HAS RUINED HER!!! I HATE GOOD SAMARITAN SOCIETY!!!! Bunch of CARELESS, HEARTLESS people with the exception of maybe 5.

Larry1529 June 17, 2014

Good Samaritan Society is rather large, about 500 acres. It is a faith-based community. What we were interested in this place in that they have facilities to put a manufactured home on their site. They would go from one bedroom to two bedrooms to three bedrooms. They also have summer apartments. I looked at a three-bedroom/two-bath with attached garage unit. They have a whole lot of activities. They have an indoor pool, an outdoor pool, and a golf course. They also have a marina, so I could put my boat there. It meets everything I need. They even have a direct access to the closest public supermarket.

Caring71900450 October 17, 2013

I went and saw Good Samaritan Society. It was a gated and secured community and it was very nice. What I really liked about them was that the building was done in Tuscany style. They had a lot of amenities. It had a golf course and they had seven villages. They had manufactured homes and duplex houses. They also had a three story apartments, which I looked at. They had a beautiful little lake with pavilion where you could have picnic; they had two pools, an indoor heated pool and an outdoor pool; they had a big library; they had a big and beautiful fitness room; they had a dining room and a cafe in it. The apartment was very comfortable. It had a huge bathroom and a full size kitchen with stove and refrigerator. It also had washers and driers. It also had a small patio, which I liked. They seemed to have more than the others and the price was comfortable. They had people that would come clean your room once a week. They had a shuttle that could bring you shopping or doctor's appointment. You could purchase a golf cart and drove around. They also had a medical facility in the property.

Martin8 September 20, 2013

I visited Good Samaritan Village because I live nearby this facility. I also know some people living there. I like it very much. They have several activities for their residents. Their menu looked fantastic. Their accommodations were also fantastic. I like the studio apartment that I saw. It is perfect for me. I can get around in it easily. The people that I talked to were great. They're very helpful. I would highly recommend this place. If I have the money, I would go there.

DNaz September 06, 2011

The facility barely qualifies for the 1 star rating. The staff though somewhat caring is barely qualified for medical rehabilitation care. My father was there recently after open heart surgery and had to be taken back to the emergency room after 3 days with fluid in his lungs, something that any qualified medical personnel would've spotted easily. He was sent there on the recommendation by his Surgeon and that was a big mistake. There is only 1 registered nurse on the floor for all beds & only nurse assistants are there for actual care. When he was taken back to the hospital, the nurses at the hospital themselves said that they would never take their loved ones there. There are better options especially with Rehabilitation Hospitals in the area. All I can say is to visit the facility and trust what your gut tells you based on what you see. If you have loved ones already in there, I'd take them out as they aren't getting the care that they deserve.

From Good Samaritan Society - Kissimmee Village

Good Samaritan Village is a beautiful 425-acre gated golf course community where residents enjoy wide open spaces of the great outdoors, exciting amenities, a full social calendar, scheduled bus service, set amid oak canopies, lakes and parks.

Nine distinctive types of housing, all with access to a Full Service Continuum of Care. As a rental community, a unique prepaid lease program is also offered to preserve personal assets while minimizing monthly expenses. Housing options include studio, one, two, and three bedroom apartments, mid-rise, ground-floor, or custom designed manufactured homes or re-sale models. Services include scheduled transportation, 24hr manned gate and village patrol, and a life enrichment director to keep the social calendar engaging. Upon request, additional services are available some of which include out-patient therapies, housekeeping, and handyman services as well as a restaurant and Cafeteria onsite. Kick your shoes off and make yourself comfortable as you browse our website to learn more about our unique community.

Location of Good Samaritan Society - Kissimmee Village