Cypress Woods

2755 Chestnut Ridge Dr, Kingwood, TX, 77339

Reviews of Cypress Woods

Caring106283050 June 04, 2015

My mom is a current resident of Cypress Woods. It is a nice place. It is just that they have 91 people in capacity for 101, and my mom is not use to all the people. However, they feed them three times a day with all the full services, but sometimes it takes 45 minutes to 1 hours to have a meal. Depending on which end of the cafeteria you sit in, like if they serve the south end and I am in the north end, I will have to wait. She doesn't like that, but It is a beautiful place, and it is really nice.

They have bingo, horseracing, sewing clubs, and other groups that get together. My mother does that, but she is 90 years old, and she just doesn't get involved in many things like that. However, if I talk to some of the elderly people there sitting with my mom eating, they all tell me the same thing. They need a better system. They all complain why its taking so long to have their food and to allow them like the buffet idea where you have a little more variety.

Sherri10 May 24, 2015

My mother was in Cypress Woods for two months, and we chose it because of pricing and location. The staff were hard workers. She had a one-bedroom apartment, which was spacious and clean, but the décor was dated. The food was good. They allow smoking, but they didn't advise us that it was a smoking facility. They have six people there, and they are not equipped in case of a fire to evacuate people from the upper floors. I would not recommend them. I wouldn't go back.

Hi Sherri, I'm Katie, I work at Holiday Retirement Home Office. Thanks for your sincere review. I'm very sorry to hear that your mother had a negative experience at Cypress Woods. I'm particularly bothered by your safety concern since we take safety very seriously here at Holiday - I've passed your concern on to our Corporate Health and Safety Manager for his review. If there's anything else you'd like to add, you're more than welcome to call our Resident Relations line at 1-800-370-8331. Thanks you and my sincere apologies once more,

Caring105638950 April 27, 2015

I liked that Cypress Woods was close to a mall across the street. I was very satisfied with the staff. I had a very enjoyable lunch with them. All of the residents were very friendly. The price is a little higher for me right now.

Caring104363150 April 03, 2015

We visited Cypress Woods. I liked it. The only problem here is they had long halls. When we went to visit one of their apartments, it was quite a walk for my husband. It was a nice place. With regards to the room, we were a little disappointed that there was no full kitchen and there was only a kitchenette.

Quinn2 December 30, 2014

I visited Cypress Woods, and it was good. I had some folks who gave it good references. The place was clean and beautiful. The facility looked like a good one for us. About the staff, the ones we met were very nice. The schedule was posted on the wall; they had celebrations and movies. Plus they had game room for folk who play cards and chess. The food was good. I have a limited diet, but they were able to take care of it. The people are very friendly and very attentive. The place was extremely clean and well decorated. The room is lovely and well cared for.

Caring98255850 December 13, 2014

I am really happy with Cypress Woods. At first he wasn’t happy, but now he likes it there. It's an independent living facility, but they have a big dining area where he can go to and have his meals. I really like that, and he actually gained 3lbs. He is happy now. I like that the management is nice, and I feel like he is safe.

Caring98213450 November 29, 2014

We were just not interested in Cypress Woods. It was a very nice facility. I think they had a swimming pool, and the people were quite active there. They were very pricey also. I know someone who lived there that moved out because it costs too much money.

Virginia26 May 20, 2014

My mother is now at Cypress Woods. They have a regular sized shower that you would have a bathtub in, and it's like 4 or 5 ft. It's too long. And what I noticed in a lot of facilities that I visited was that the shower area was shorter, which is good. They're all handicapped accessible. And in the seat that they would sit on, your back was to the wall. But to me, it's a really important thing because one of the issues we've had with my mom is her concern that she's going to fall backwards, because she does have a tremor, and it causes her to lose her balance. And that's one of the things that I really like. That's a safety issue.

It's not old in any sense. But it's just a little bit older than some of the places we looked at. The food there varies. There is a fairly large staff turnover as well. The management has changed multiple times just in the last two years. It's constantly changing, which is a concern because I think it's difficult in any business to run it well if you're constantly changing your staff, whether that's at the bottom or at the top. That's one of my biggest concerns there, not keeping managers long enough. I understand it's a difficult business.

I also I think that the organization can do a better job of choosing their chef. My mother has a lot of stomach issues, which a lot of elderly people do. A lot of times she just wants cottage cheese and fruit. And even though it's a retirement home, cottage cheese should be something you always have. You should also have jello on hand. They also have a lot of activities. That's something that they do extremely well. I think the activities that they have are probably the biggest draw, and the layout of the apartments I think is really good.

Jo12 December 30, 2013

I like the whole thing about Cypress Woods. You got three meals a day whether you want to eat it or not. They have an outside bridge club that plays once a week. There is also a man that plays the piano. It's just wonderful. All the rooms were very spacious and like that each one of them has its own balcony. They also have an outside access from their own rooms and I like that idea. They also have a room that has a washer and dryer in it. They have someone to come in once a week and do general cleaning. I absolutely recommend this facility.

Caring80431250 December 04, 2013

My husband and I live in Cypress Woods for over a year now. We want to stay here. A lady shared with us about it in Friendship Center. They bring 3 meals a day to our apartment or we could go to the dining room. The dining room is beautiful. The food is great. The service is fabulous. We never found anything to cry about. The other residents are happy. The management has a lot for them, parties for every holidays. They seem to have a good time. We enjoy it here.

caring70295550 September 10, 2013

Cypress Woods was nice, clean, and well kept. The people were very nice. I don't think the director was in at the time, but I talked to some of their residents and they all seemed really happy. The food was really good. The rooms need updating though, and they only had senior independent living, so once you needed additional care up to a certain point, then you have to move out of the property and go to a different facility.

From Cypress Woods

Cypress Woods is located in Kingwood, TX, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to Cypress Woods for a visit...and stay!

Features of Cypress Woods