Nouveau Marc

1101 Joe Yenni Blvd, Kenner, LA, 70065

Reviews of Nouveau Marc

Marilyn111204950 July 28, 2015

They were lovely at Nouveau Marc. The food was delicious, and everybody was very nice. The place was very welcoming. The rooms and apartments were nice, but they were small. I would recommend them.

Joseph40 May 15, 2015

We visited Nouveau Marc, and it was very nice. The staff were very cordial, and the residents were OK.

My Mothers Son January 05, 2015

I was shocked to see my Mother being treated as a begger. She has been here for several years and the meal service has declined. For both Christmas and Thanksgiving, she got a styrofoam container of food - they send that for delivery everyday! She is no longer able to get to the dining room on the 3rd floor so her meals have been delivered for almost a year now but I was shocked that even Christmas and Thanksgiving meal was in a "to go" container. She pays the same rent as others. I went to the office and the manager onsite was very nice but I wouldnt tell her who my mom was for fear they would spit in her food! The Manager offered me Corporates number but there I sat on hold for numerous minutes until giving up. I appreciate the blonde manager in the office being understanding, even went upstairs and got me a plate and real silverware and glasses but NO one was in the kitchen and for dinner they had ham or turnkey sandwiches for dinner? Another styrofoam box to throw away....... I can't believe they treat people as beggers........ For $2,500 per month? Wow! Looking for another place for Mom.

Hi, I'm Katie, I work at Holiday Retirement Home Office in Oregon. I'm so very sorry to hear that your mother has had a negative experience at Nouveau Marc. I'm also very sorry that you were not able to speak to someone in our Resident Relations department. I sent your review to the department directly. My sincere apologies again,

Rhonda14 September 23, 2014

I had a great visit at Nouveau Marc. The staff was very warm, friendly and inviting. I liked the fact that the staff that showed me around seemed to know everybody by their name and called me just to follow up. The place was fine. It was nice and comfortable. I saw a two-bedroom unit that had just been moved out of and also a one-bedroom unit that someone was going to be moving into and they were both very nice. I thought the one bedroom was nice and spacious enough. I thought the two-bedroom was kind of small for the cost, but it was very nice. She offered me to sample the meal, but I did not. However, it looked good. I liked that they had a very nice cozy dining room. They had more than one dining room. I met the chef and he shared a lot of the menu with me. They seemed to have a lot of selections. I had their calendar of activities and they seemed to have plenty enough to do.

daddysgirl123 August 12, 2014

My father has lived at Nouveau Marc for 11 years.. longer than any resident currently there. He is stroke victim with limited speech but is still able to care for himself. Needless to say after 11 years he's become very settled at NM and likes being there, but as his child and the one paying the monthly rental, I can honestly say the level of service and the quality of care has declined dramatically over the past few years. It is very apparent the management company ( Holiday Retirement Services) is trying to run an aging facility on a shoestring budget. They obviously want to put as little of money back into the facility as possible, at the expense of their residents. The on sight management has been a revolving door of new faces, each one saying "we are new, we are trying to get things in order." Then they are gone in a few months. Services, such as weekly housekeeping is DEPLORABLE! The level of cleaning is so bad, why bother? The only way I know someone has been in my father's room to clean is the vacuum marks on the carpet, the rest of the room is barely touched. The bathroom, kitchen and floors are left so disgusting that I clean them myself every time I'm there. I believe one reason for the terrible service is not only do the housekeepers have the responsibility to clean rooms, they also work in the dining room during meal service each day. The fact Nouveau Marc does not hire housekeepers just to clean and food service workers just to work in the dining room is obviously another way to cut corners. I've asked to have my father's carpet cleaned for over a month now, but apparently they no longer have a service contract with a cleaning company and can't find one because they are all "too expensive." In the 11 years my father has lived there, we have only asked for his leaking toilet to be replaced, new carpet to be installed, and a fresh coat of paint. Not too much considering 11 years of rent we've paid. I wish things would improve, I know my dad doesn't want to move, but as his caregiver, it's difficult to deal with NM, I feel they DON'T have the residents best interest in mind. Obviously, the on sight management must have their hands tied with an unrealistic operating budget coming from the corporate office but they have a responsible to provide the level of care they have promised to their residents.The facility is getting older and needs updating but I do believe the activities and entertainment they provide for the residents is a huge plus, and for the most part, residents seem to be content there.

Cbar July 19, 2014

Nouveau Marc had a nice description on their website, but when we went there, we weren't at all impressed. The lobby was old. The carpeting was old. There was a smell of urine and disinfectant overriding that; they're trying to clean things up. Their clientele was much older people and had a lot of significant needs. The staff appeared to be nice. The lady director was very, very nice. Overall, they just need to update their lobby at least, probably not have carpeting as much as they do, and have their accessories be so that they can clean them much better so that there isn't that lingering smell of urine and disinfectant. You could tell that they try to keep it clean; it is just that it was old.

Caring79511750 April 30, 2014

Mom is in Nouveau Marc. We like, it and it is close to where we live. I think the staff is great. They are very helpful. She has an apartment with one bedroom, one bathroom, a mini-kitchen,and it is spacious enough. The food and the activities are both great.

Sylvia13 April 11, 2014

It's called Nouveau Marc, and it's a retirement area. I chose them because they're 5 minutes away from me. The pricing is very good. They offer games like bingo, arts and crafts, music, happy hour, card playing, and they take some field trips out to the stores or to the restaurantS. It was excellent. I think that it is the best place I could ever choose.

Caring70216550 February 27, 2014

I was very pleased with Nouveau Marc. I like the cleanliness and everything about it except the cost. The staff couldn't have been nicer, very pleasant. They had a speaker come in. He was there to talk with the seniors. It was a wonderful experience.

The rooms were a little small but were nice. I think it was more the assisted living that I saw. I did eat there and I wish I had that cook because everything was very tasty. They were terrific. The dining room was pretty large and they had a separate wine room that the guests could use. Everything about it that I saw was excellent.

pinkcellophane January 21, 2014

My aunt lived here since 2006. She recently passed away at 95 years young. The room was nice, not great but roomy and near the elevator. The food was great, sometimes though lots of times the chef was changed so the food taste went up and down through the years. The dining room attendants were very nice and kind and the room had a restaurant atmosphere. Lots of activities, though my aunt never participated.

caring0722113 July 29, 2013

We went over at Nouveau Marc at lunchtime. Their dining room was very pleasant. Their staff was very nice. We had our lunch there and the food was very good. The service and the setting were very nice too.

Caring9169 June 29, 2012

Nouveau Marc just worked out for my father. We just get more, compared to the previous one. My Dad is still young and he's 60 and I just needed to find a place for him that is affordable and closer to the family members and also have a nice group of people. We already made a deposit and we are just waiting for availability. Their rooms are nice. It had a balcony and that was a good selling point.

From Nouveau Marc

Nouveau Marc is located in Kenner, LA, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to Nouveau Marc for a visit...and stay!

Features of Nouveau Marc

• Hiking trails

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Dining extra: Private dining room