Senior Star at Wexford Place

6500 North Cosby Avenue, Kansas City, MO, 64151

Reviews of Senior Star at Wexford Place

sue4060 January 25, 2015

I am very displeased with the food that they are giving these people that pay ALOT of money every month to get a sandwich and cold after tots for lunch. This is totally unacceptable. The menu is getting worse day by day . The service in the cafeteria is slacking and it needs improvement. They cook only prepackaged garbage. This is not the food we were shown prior to moving my parents in this place . They need to fix it . And fix it soon. Real soon ,!!! Why feed these people food that they can fix in their apt themselves ?

Nancy99172350 December 28, 2014

We looked at Wexford Place (Senior Star at Wexford Place). It was very nice, but a little more expensive, and the rooms were smaller. It was more modern-looking. It was very bright, cheerful and clean. However, at the other facility, they have three meals a day included in their cost, and in Wexford Place, they only have two.

Brenda99015950 December 27, 2014

My parents are at Wexford Place. My first impression of it was that it was very nice. My dealings with the staff have been great. They have always gone out of their way to help me. My parents are in a one-bedroom with a small kitchen and a living room. It has a screened-in balcony that looks out onto a courtyard. I had Thanksgiving dinner with my parents, and the food was fine. I don't normally eat there, but my parents seem to like the food. As for activities, they have the Red Hatters. My parent does the Wii bowling. Overall, for me, the staff stands out to me for this community.

Arnetta October 31, 2014

My father is doing well at Wexford Place. I choose it because I already knew about them; I have been there before. They opened a new section, which is assisted living and memory care. I have been there, and they are just the best place for my dad. The staff is excellent. One thing that I love is that they have activities there like bingo and beanbag toss, and they go out to eat. They do a lot of things, and one of the things I do like is on Friday evening, they have movie night. They had a room set up that actually looked like a movie theater. They had popcorn in the whole nine yards. They had a beauty/barber shop in there.

Kelly16 October 03, 2014

I fell in love with Wexford Place when I visited it. I felt like I wanted to move in. The staff that is working there are very caring, kind, and friendly. The food was wonderful and excellent. They had a great chef. My mom and I stayed there in a two bedroom apartment. The fact that they let me stay there for two nights and three days for free to check it out, the facility was indeed great.

Caring85161950 July 20, 2014

Senior Star was OK. It was an older facility, about seven floors. The building is shaped like a heart, which is kind of cool. They had good food. The people there were excellent. It was the only place that had a swimming pool. They had a rest home type of facility, but it was across the street. Their apartments were large, the ones I looked at. Mom and Dad really liked Senior Star because it was just a happy place. They were very accommodating and very nice. People that were there seemed to like being there.

Caring79570950 May 22, 2014

I liked the fact that when you walked in Senior Star, there was sign that said "Welcome To Wexford Place" with my first name on it. So everybody knew that this person walking around looking lost was me. I thought they were very friendly. They had an inside pool. I felt like that it was very good for senior citizens. They redecorated it, so it was all fresh and nice. I was impressed with it. I even met the maintenance persons and the housekeeping staff, and I thought that was a nice gesture. It was not like you had to wonder who was going to be doing what. It spoke to me of the values and so forth that the management team had. Their food was wonderful. They had a chef, and he made terrific meals, and he always had some kind of food available, like maybe a sandwich or something of that sort. As a nice touch, they sent me home from my visit with a little sack of cookies that he had made.

Christine30 March 20, 2014

Senior Star was very inviting. The people were very friendly. It seemed to offer everything that my mother was looking for. It was a positive feeling. The staff seemed to come across very well. The rooms and the dining room were nice.

Babeebloos January 28, 2014

Wexford Place seemed to be more of a family run facility and I like the family that runs it. The independent living area has been exceptional. It has gotten rave reviews for many people. I have friend whose mother is in there and she said that the staff were beyond helpful. When I went there, it's almost like a cruise ship. It had lots of lights and the dining room is almost like a restaurant. This is a brand new facility as far as the memory care. It's not even open yet, but I saw that they have large rooms and they have the bed and the side table included so all you would need would be dresser or a vanity table. They have shared bathroom between two rooms or they have single rooms. They have a swimming pool, a wonderful walking gardens, and sun rooms in the building. I was just hoping mom would be happy there when she moves in. I would highly recommend this facility.

Caring71693450 November 26, 2013

Wexford Place was a very nice and clean facility. Its location was very close to restaurants and malls. Their staff was very nice; however, the facility itself was somewhat outdated and aged.

Don20 September 19, 2013

I did visit Wexford Place. It is a very nice community. I like that place. For one thing, their artworks on the wall are great. They have the best artworks that I have ever seen. Outside is equally nice. They have a water garden pond which you can actually go and fish if you want to. They also have a nice swimming pool. What I don't like about this place is that there is an assigned seating arrangements for their residents and if they have to go some place outside the facility, they have to sign out and when they come back, they have to sign in. I don't like that.

Kansas Daughter August 29, 2013

My mom is a resident of Senior Star since April. We found this place in the internet. It is a very nice facility. It is upscale place for a good cost. They have an indoor swimming pool. The location is good because it is close to where I live. The price is reasonable compared to the other places. Their staff is really great. They actually drove over to my house to bring me information about the place. They made it more personal through that way. Overall, everything is great with my mom staying in Senior Star.

Caring5783 April 30, 2013

I thought the people managing Wexford Place are kind, very benevolent, very helpful, and very supportive. They understood my problems and offered tremendous amount of support and help, even physical and financial help. I'm in a small 1-bedroom, but it's quite adequate. The food is excellent. It also had a lot of different places that we can go.

commercesd March 08, 2012

The Wexford Place in Kansas City was in the same vicinity where we were visiting the area to look at possible places for our aunt to live.

We liked that it was close to everything that Kansas has to offer -cultural events, medical care, and many other places to visit and enjoy.

The facility looked like it was well tended - the grounds were neat. The interior had a nice décor and seemed welcoming.

The interior communal rooms were all nicely kept and decorated. The staff was friendly and attended to all of the residents well. In fact, they all went out of their way to see that the seniors were as active as possible, engaging them in conversation and encouraging them to participate in socializing and physical activity.

Some of the many activities and outings included local sight seeing, group discussions, musical events, local shopping, seminars, celebrations and parties, games and other gatherings.

The residents are encouraged to enjoy the exercise classes such as yoga and aerobics, or use the weight training and other equipment. They may also safely use the walkways around the building and courtyard areas.

Dining options included many great looking dishes on the menu. The residents are offered healthy, home-style cooked meals in a casual restaurant setting. Snacks are offered and available any time requested.

The private areas were nicely decorated and personalized for the residents and it was clear that they enjoyed their surroundings a great deal.

We could see that the residents are treated with care, kindness and respect so that they are very well cared for at all times. Care is provided as necessary and adjusted to each individual.

From Senior Star at Wexford Place

Wexford Place is an independent living and retirement living community in Kansas City, Missouri. At Wexford Place, we share a common goal with every family who walks through our doors. That is, we want the very best for our seniors. Decades of experience have shown us that giving "our all", frankly, isn't enough. Our seniors at Wexford Place must be on board, too ... experiencing the possibilities, reaching their potential and living each day to its fullest. Therefore, we at Wexford Place see it as our responsibility (and great privilege) to provide the opportunities and inspiration for our residents to embrace senior living and thrive in their new lifestyle.

Through the years, we've identified many facets of healthy living that contribute to our residents' total well-being. These include environmental, nutritional, physical, spiritual, mental and emotional factors. When we put them into action, they work together to keep the twinkle in the eyes of our residents. We call this our LAUGH philosophy: Living And Understanding Greater Health. It works in many ways through our Senior Star Living communities, like Wexford Place. For example, participating in a brain fitness class may contribute to more than mental well-being by building new social relationships and prolonging independence. Breaking bread together in our dining room may nourish more than the body when you consider the lively conversation and positive atmosphere. At Wexford Place, our attractive and bright individual residences can provide more than a safe environment when embellished with cherished belongings, personal mementos, and even the companionship of a small pet. Laughter, after all, is the best medicine. It all adds up to happier seniors in a healthier community.

Like you, we at Wexford Place want the very best for our seniors. Our LAUGH philosophy helps us achieve this together.

Features of Senior Star at Wexford Place

• Shared space where residents can host parties

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Some residents have in-room full kitchens (including oven, etc.)

• Arts, woodworking, craft