Senior Star at Villa Ventura | Independent Living

12100 Wornall Rd., Kansas City, MO, 64145

Reviews of Senior Star at Villa Ventura | Independent Living

Holly17 August 30, 2014

My mom is at Senior Star at Villa Ventura and it's a great facility. She has a small one bedroom with an outstanding view of the Courtyard. The staff were helpful and they respond in a timely fashion. It's a very secured community, considering it is independent living.

Caring69880350 April 30, 2014

The good thing about Senior Star is the transportation and the medical staff. The staff has been very good to me. The food is OK. The rooms to me are small. They have 1-bedroom, 2-bedroom, studio, and there's a size below the studio, but I don't know what to call it.

Pierson December 07, 2013

My mother lives at Villa Ventura. She fought senior living for many years, but continued to have falls at home and we needed a safer more secure environment for her. She has now made many friends at Villa and is happier then I've seen her in a long time, which I attribute to the other residents, a strong sense of community and a supportive and loving staff, who always greet her by name. Mom spends time in her apartment and on her deck in the spring and fall, and participates in the activites when she wants to, and there are many to choose from. They take her wherever she needs to go, at no additional charge. One thing I like about Villa is they don't "nickle and dime" you with a lot of additional, unexpected charges, so it is easy to create and work with a yearly budget. Villa is older, but they always have major improvements planned, such as recently replacing all the decks in the community and it is well maintained. The grounds are beautiful and it is close to health care and shopping. We are now breathing a sigh of relief as mom is healthy and happy. I would not hesitate to refer any of my friends and family members to Villa Ventura.

Mzupanec May 31, 2013

My Mom lives at Villa Ventura and she likes it there. She has made many new friends and she participates in the activities that are provided.There are activities daily to participate in. They have entertainment weekly and on special days they have family festivals. They will accomodate the residents by taking them on shopping trips and will also take then to the Dr. or therapy when they need it. The facility has been updated with new carpeting and other new features. The grounds are beautiful with flowers, trees and shrubs. Each room has a balcony that are being updated too! Mom doesn't have any trouble getting around with her cane. The residents do not have to use stairs so the people with walkers and canes and wheel chairs can get around with ease. There are also elevators for their use. The people that work in Villa Ventura are very kind and helpful! They want to please their residents and work hard to achieve that goal. I would recommend this retirement communityI Mom is happy at Villa Ventura!

Mhannan June 30, 2012

Villa Ventura is easily the best thing that happened in the last few years of her life. She grew up in Kansas city and villa Ventura was filled with many people she had met throughout her 80 years. The staff there were very welcoming and by the end of her two years there knew us all by name. The facility itself is very nice and in a wonderful area. There are always lots of activities to do and the rooms themselves are very nice. It is always hard to recommend a place to friends who are dealing with finding help for relatives, it is not an easy process. The staff at villa Ventura made this very easy. The only downside for us was the distance from our house, it was quite a trip each visit. Even so we are very thankful for her time there and all of the assistance they provided us. We do not hesitate in recommending this facility to anyone.

From Senior Star at Villa Ventura

Villa Ventura is an independent living, assisted living, and retirement living community in Kansas City, Missouri. At Villa Ventura, we share a common goal with every family who walks through our doors: We want the best for our seniors. Decades of experience have shown us that giving "your all", frankly, isn't enough. Seniors at Villa Ventura experience possibilities, reach their potential, and live each day to its fullest. We see it as our responsibility (and great privilege) to provide the opportunities and inspiration for our residents to embrace senior living and thrive in their new lifestyle at Villa Ventura.

Villa Ventura is a Senior Star Living Community. Through the years, we have identified the facets of healthy living that contribute to our residents' total well-being. These include environmental, nutritional, physical, spiritual, mental, and emotional factors. We combine them to keep the twinkle in the eyes of our residents, and we call it our LAUGH philosophy: Living And Understanding Greater Health. LAUGH works in many ways through our Senior Star Living communities, like Villa Ventura. For example, taking in a brain fitness class may contribute to more than mental well-being by building new social relationships and prolonging independence. Breaking bread together in our dining room may nourish more than the body when you consider the lively conversation and positive atmosphere. Our attractive and bright individual residences can provide more than a safe environment when embellished with cherished belongings, personal mementos, or even the companionship of a small pet. Laughter is the best medicine, and it all adds up to happier seniors in a healthier community.

Like you, we want the very best for our Seniors. Our LAUGH philosophy helps us achieve this together at Villa Ventura.

Features of Senior Star at Villa Ventura

• Shared space where residents can host parties

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Some residents have in-room full kitchens (including oven, etc.)

• Arts, woodworking, craft