Solstice Senior Living at Joliet

Overview of Ratings

4.3

March 23, 2016

By Robert122219150

You can actually smell urine as you walk into Essington Place. The staff was wonderful, and the rooms were fine, but it felt like if you knew you’re going to die, you go there. There wasn't any space for parking other than in the front of the building.

Hi Robert, I'm Katie, I work at Holiday Retirement Home Office. First, I'm sorry that you had such a negative impression of Essington Place during your tour. We take cleanliness seriously, and we definitely don't want any of our residents or visitors to be off put by the way our communities smell, so we appreciate you bringing this to our attention. I've forwarded your review onto our Resident Relations department for further investigation. Thanks, Katie

January 31, 2016

By Kathleen106067350

Affordability really impressed us. Essington Place is a really decent place, and it’s the only place that we could really afford. I think the staff is wonderful, and great. The relative who lives there likes it, and he is very clean. They cook three meals a day. I think the people there are wonderful, but he is unhappy because he needs help. I have eaten there many times, and I have never been unhappy. I think the food is excellent. They have a beautiful dining-room, and you could have a wedding in the dining-room; that beautiful. There’s pancakes, French toast for breakfast. At lunch there’s salad, chicken, and dessert. Dinner is wonderful; it’s pot-roast or meat loaf. It’s great. They have a bus that goes everywhere. Joliet has some Casino, they go to shows, and Walmart. I think it’s wonderful, but it was recently sold to somebody else. The rooms are clean. They have housekeeping that comes in every week. They do his laundry, and cook his meals. I would love to work there. It was a little bit beyond what we taught was affordable, but we could still do it. There’s a nurse on duty all the time. They had an ambulance service that comes, and takes them to the hospital when they need to go; that’s wonderful. They do allow one dog, and that was most appealing to us. I would love to move there.

October 28, 2015

By Linda114744650

We visited Essington Place. I think they're wonderful. They're very helpful and courteous. It was very nice. The outside was very nice and very well-kept. The inside was also very well-kept and very nice. We were impressed with the housekeeping that's available. If you're looking for an apartment-type setting, I think this is a wonderful facility.

September 13, 2015

By Caring113319650

I got to visit and play games in the game room with the residents and have lunch with them in their dining hall, and I enjoyed that very much. I had a good tour of Essington Place. It was fairly reasonable as far as price and quality rooms. It looked like they made the rooms, and it was in very good shape. The appliances and the beddings in the room were nice, and they looked like a very comfortable facility all-in-all. They had an open area in the center, and down by the dining room, they had an activity room, a game room, and a library. I liked mostly the friendliness and openness; they make you feel at home.

August 08, 2015

By Liz37

Essington Place was very nice, but it was very expensive. The rooms were apartment sized, and they were really nice. You would get three meals a day there. They also have housekeeping and a storage facility.

July 31, 2015

By Lucille4

The Essington Place is a lot less money. I went for lunch and then had a tour; the meal was OK. The staff was nice. They had a studio, which was a lot nicer than I expected it to be, and they had 1-bathroom apartments. They have a huge assortment of activities: bingo every day basically.

June 22, 2015

By DH1

We went to Essington Place. The place was beautiful. The girl had been very, very helpful. They have a health care facility right there too, so it was a perfect spot. The apartments were fine. They were nice. The room that we looked at was fine. It was very nice. The workers and the sales rep were very friendly and helpful.

January 29, 2015

We have him in a residence now named Essington Place. The place is wonderful, and he is happy. They are very nice. They have all kinds of things to do like playing cards, and entertainment comes in. They take them to basketball games and movies. They do all kinds of things. The food is great, and the dining area is big with lot of tables. The people are happy. The staff is great; whatever you need, you can just talk to them, and it's not a problem. It's just a clean and nice place with friendly people.

December 26, 2014

By Linda99753850

We visited Essington Place. It was very nice. They offered the kind of services that my aunt would need. The facility was very neat and clean. The people that I met there were very welcoming. All of the services that we needed such as her food and housekeeping, and if she was in that frame of mind, everything would have worked out well.

August 30, 2014

By Caring93401950

The rooms were of good size at Essington Place. It's really lovely, very clean, and well maintained. The dining room was very nice too. For the activities, I know that they are taken on trips.

August 30, 2014

Essington Place has various choices when it comes to the rooms from studio to a one bedroom apartment and they were affordable that is why we had mom in there. For the price, the facility has a very nice atmosphere and the staff were pleasant too. They had multiple activities like candlelight dinner and they also have their own transportation which brings them to the malls or to grocery stores. They provide that as well and that is included in your fee. I think they need to improve their meals. They do have variety of choices, but it's not that tasteful.

August 01, 2014

The food in Essington was good. My friend was there for a couple of weeks. He thought the people weren't friendly. The staff didn't make themselves too available. They do have activities that the people seem to take part in. Their activities seemed to be adequate. The apartment was a two bedroom. The bedroom was small with a living area; the kitchen was also small, but it was adequate. My friend was unhappy there.

March 20, 2014

Essington Place is close to where I live. The people are wonderful. The rooms are very good. They have anywhere from a studio to a 2-bedroom. They have numerous activities and they do a lot of different things, like they go out to lunch once a week. I guess the only thing is they could probably run their bus more than just in the morning.

February 01, 2014

I thought the sales girl from Essington Place was very nice, very helpful, very good, and very sweet. The facility is very clean and everything is really nice. I think the rooms are really small, but that's all we could afford. I thought that they were nicely designed for his needs. He has some mobility issues, so he stays in his room and watches TV all day. I just think that I'd like to see the rooms maybe a little bit bigger and have a little bit more in-house facilities available for the residents, because my dad having mobility issues it's hard for him to get on a bus. I know it's not an assisted living, but maybe have a little bit more available for people of his situation.

January 31, 2014

Essington Place had more of an independent feel. It had apartments, a dining room, an exercise area, and a physical therapy area. They also have a maid service there. I didn’t spend a whole lot of time with the staff, but I find them friendly. I was invited to eat, but I did not although the presentation of the food was acceptable.

November 22, 2013

By Nancy69554550

I have probably come across Essington Place online. It was fine and priced well. Their price was considerably less than the other facility we visited. The facility itself was nice, but my parents need more assistance than they can provide. However, everyone there was friendly and very nice. It was very homey and nicely setup. I like best its location as it was not far from where I live.

October 09, 2013

The staff accommodated us immediately when we went for visit Essington Place. We visited the place because of the price, it's a lot cheaper. The facility is very clean. The room was a little bit small, although she doesn't need a very big space. They do have exercises, activities, and they have scheduled outings wherein they go to places.

September 14, 2013

By harley2

I was very impressed between Marty and Cindy the directors all my questions were answered, especially when it came to the level of care my father-in-law needed. We got the opportunity to sit down and have lunch and was very impressed with the food and the kindness and attention from the servers, they keep things very simple for the residents as far as schedules and activities which many of the residents were involved in and seem to be enjoying. Between the managers and staff everything was cheerful and also with the residents they seemed very comfortable engaging in conversation as they were sitting around enjoying each other overall it was a very comforting feeling that I know my father in-law is in good hands and most of all happy.

July 30, 2013

By Patricia22

I went to Essington Place to visit. It was enormous, beautiful, clean and immaculate. Their studio apartments were not too big. They had a lot of entertainment, reading room, activity room, etc. The woman told us every detail that we needed to know. I was so impressed with it and it was a wonderful experience.

September 30, 2011

By christinac1

upon entering this facility, I was greeted with warm smiles and kind voices. Residents, visitors, and enployees were enjoying the outdoors as well as activites indoors. I do not personally know anyone in a facility like thiis one, but i will definately consider essington place when the time comes for myself or for a loved one.

Features of Solstice Senior Living at Joliet

• Dining Extra: Private Dining Room

• Hiking Trails

About Solstice Senior Living at Joliet

Solstice Senior Living at Joliet is an independent living community in Joliet, IL designed for seniors, normally 55+, who are able to care for themselves and wish to live independently. Contact Solstice Senior Living at Joliet for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Map of Solstice Senior Living at Joliet