Camellia at Deerwood Independent Living

10061 Sweetwater Pkwy, Jacksonville, FL, 32256

Reviews of Camellia at Deerwood | Independent Living

October 28, 2015

We had lunch at Camellia At Deerwood and toured their facility. It was very nice. The apartments were nice. For the respite stay, they were furnished nicely. They have memory care, as well as a nursing. If I look to move my mother in there, she could stay in that facility, regardless at how badly she got. The staff was very nice, very helpful, and very friendly. I had lunch, and it was very good. They have line dancing, bingo, and exercise groups. The cleanliness of this facility was a step higher than the other facility.

August 15, 2015

By xssn720co

Food service has not improved in the 15 months my mother has been there. Legionella has not been eradicated since April 2014. We were rented the apartment without being told by the company about the legionella outbreak. Serious leadership and management issues there.

May 12, 2015

Someone recommend Camellia at Deerwood to me. It was very nice. I like the apartments. They were not just rooms. They had two-bedroom apartments with two baths, a little kitchen, and a living room. It was very convenient and homelike. The staff was helpful. They had a really nice dining room. The food was OK. They had a workout room, a game room, and a pool outside. The only thing I did not like about it was being too much in between all these apartments. If you look out a window, you’re going to see apartments. You are not going to see any kind of a view. They had a nice walking area, but it was not really that huge.

October 28, 2013

By Roberta2

I'll be moving into Camellia on the 30th of November. Right now, it's independent living on one wing and on the other wing, it's assisted living. They're just waiting for their license which will be coming in another month. This place was my choice because, honestly, they don't have as many sick people. A couple of places I went to looked like nursing homes and I couldn't deal with that. This facility was beautiful and well-kept. It was like walking into a resort. I like that everything has been in one building. They have a beautiful dining room. They have a bistro. They have a lovely library. They have a movie theater. If I want to get my hair done, it's also there. Everything is in one building and that's very nice. They also have transportation to doctors which I need desperately. I will have a one-bedroom apartment all by myself. Everything is included in the price. I don't have to pay for anything else. Regarding staff, I didn't see too many but they were younger than the ones I saw before. They have more enthusiasm about things and were very active, so that's what I like too. Food was excellent. It was very good.

October 09, 2013

By Donald13

Camellia at Deerwood is a new community. The place is excellent. The staff is very good, very cooperative, and very informative. I checked the other residents and they said it's an excellent facility and truly it turned out to be a very excellent place. I have been here for almost two months now and the price is perfect. I think it's just above average and it's lesser than other facilities. They just don't have enough people serving in their dining room, but the food is great and very well prepared.

September 30, 2013

By Van1

Camellia at Deerwood is less than a mile away from us. Everything is wonderful. The people were friendly. Everything was great except the price. They are charging $3000 for me and $500 for my spouse per month.

September 13, 2013

I'll be moving into Camellia next year. What I find appealing in this place is that the people there are very friendly. They seem to be concerned with each other. Their apartments are very nice. The staff there is very nice too. I just like this facility.

September 13, 2013

By Karen66846950

My mother had a complimentary stay before she chose Carmelia at Deerwood. We chose the place because it had all the things we wanted including a two-bedroom apartment, meals, transportation, and lots of activities, and it's a very nice facility. The staff are very enthusiastic and helpful.

August 29, 2013

By caring08222

The Camellia was very nice. It's more modern, it's a three year old facility and everything was very very nice. I liked that a lot, but there weren't many residents out there and my mom wanted to meet a lot of people.

May 11, 2013

By Brenda8

My husband and I are looking at different independent living facilities that we could move into, and we liked Camellia at Deerwood the most. The place was clean and the staff was warm, friendly, professional, and caring. I can't say well enough about them; they're wonderful. The food was good too, and they have two different specials on the menu every day. It was an excellent place. The residents seemed to be happy and are having such a good time.

Photos of Camellia at Deerwood

Features of Camellia at Deerwood

• Overall:

About Camellia at Deerwood

Camellia at Deerwood sets the standard in senior living, with a lifestyle dedicated to whole person wellness. Enjoy a vibrant community in a supportive, active, and enriching environment where assistance is available when you need it. Nestled in sunny, southeast Jacksonville, you’ll find exciting venues like the Museum of Science and History, Jacksonville Zoo and Gardens, Jacksonville Symphony, championship golf courses like Pointe Vedra Beach, and numerous dining options. You’ll love living near everything the Jacksonville Beaches have to offer. Our community is the perfect place to explore hobbies and forge friendships. Whether taking a stroll down our walking paths, browsing our creative gallery, or relaxing in our outdoor swimming pool, you’ll feel at ease.

At Camellia at Deerwood it’s easy to stay as involved and engaged as you choose. Meet up with friends for a quick bite in our bistro, or take in a recent blockbuster in our movie theater. Test your aim in our billiards room, or focus on fitness in our exercise room. Step outside and discover peaceful outdoor spaces. Swim a few laps in our picturesque pool or take a stroll around our beautiful community.

Map of Camellia at Deerwood