Camellia at Deerwood

10061 Sweetwater Pkwy, Jacksonville, FL, 32256

Reviews of Camellia at Deerwood

Average Rating:

Donald13 October 09, 2013

Camellia at Deerwood is a new community. The place is excellent. The staff is very good, very cooperative, and very informative. I checked the other residents and they said it's an excellent facility and truly it turned out to be a very excellent place. I have been here for almost two months now and the price is perfect. I think it's just above average and it's lesser than other facilities. They just don't have enough people serving in their dining room, but the food is great and very well prepared.

Van1 September 30, 2013

Camellia at Deerwood is less than a mile away from us. Everything is wonderful. The people were friendly. Everything was great except the price. They are charging $3000 for me and $500 for my spouse per month.

Anonymous69361650 September 14, 2013

I'll be moving into Camellia next year. What I find appealing in this place is that the people there are very friendly. They seem to be concerned with each other. Their apartments are very nice. The staff there is very nice too. I just like this facility.

Karen66846950 September 14, 2013

My mother had a complimentary stay before she chose Carmelia at Deerwood. We chose the place because it had all the things we wanted including a two-bedroom apartment, meals, transportation, and lots of activities, and it's a very nice facility. The staff are very enthusiastic and helpful.

caring08222 August 30, 2013

The Camellia was very nice. It's more modern, it's a three year old facility and everything was very very nice. I liked that a lot, but there weren't many residents out there and my mom wanted to meet a lot of people.

Brenda8 May 12, 2013

My husband and I are looking at different independent living facilities that we could move into, and we liked Camellia at Deerwood the most. The place was clean and the staff was warm, friendly, professional, and caring. I can't say well enough about them; they're wonderful. The food was good too, and they have two different specials on the menu every day. It was an excellent place. The residents seemed to be happy and are having such a good time.

From Camellia at Deerwood

Welcome to Camellia at Deerwood, an independent living, assisted living and memory care community in Jacksonville, Florida!

At Camellia at Deerwood, we don’t just care for people - we care about people, and want to help our residents live the retirement of their dreams. Ready to hit the greens and perfect your golf swing? No problem. How about a European cruise? We’ll plan it end to end. Karaoke after dinner sound fun? Standard play. Gourmet meals for the most discerning foodie? Our chef’s are award-winning. Whatever you want to do, whatever your passions are, we can help bring them to life in this next phase of life.

At Camellia at Deerwood, we pride ourselves on providing assisted living services when they’re needed. There are no cookie cutter plans here. Assisted living services can be added and customized at any time. Whether it’s medication management, helping with mobility, coordinating care with your physicians, or making sure you look your best at happy hour, our friendly, professional staff is here to help.

Features of Camellia at Deerwood

• Internet in residents' rooms
  • Technology extra: Emergency call system
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• General store
  • Pool
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library, Fitness room/Gym, Movie theater, W/D in residence

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition
  • Tai chi

• Private services

• Maximum rate: $4,465/month

• Dining extra: All residents have in-room full kitchens (including oven, etc.)

• Pets: All pets allowed
  • We offer respite care (short term stays)
  • Minimum age: 62

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits