Walden Place | Independent Living

2423 Walden Rd, Iowa City, IA, 52246

Reviews of Walden Place | Independent Living

Linda94739150 September 12, 2014

Walden Place was very nice, and the staff was wonderful. We've eaten there several times, and the food is excellent. Every time I was there it was something different. They had an outdoor concert earlier this year, and that was very nice. They keep calling me because they wanted me to come for Labor Day. They have some concerts, speakers that come in and talk, and all kinds of different things. I checked on the rooms and they were nice, but right now I am in a condo by myself, and it was like too much of a downsize for me. The staff was wonderful. They were very friendly, and they'd go out of their way to help you. They even have three chefs that are on duty to prepare the meals, set up the menus, and so forth, and I was very impressed with that. They have snacks on the countertop in between meals, and it seems like there is always something around to eat.

anthony2609 September 11, 2014

Walden Place is very clean, up to date, and well taken care of. The price is good, and it’s near a hospital. The staff is friendly and eager to help. They’ve got games and an exercise room.

Caring79138850 March 21, 2014

Walden Place was a nice place. I met some of the directors and they were very nice. They had good people. The rooms were very nice, clean and spacious. They had activities like board game nights. They had people coming in. They had an Elvis impersonator when I was there. They were a little expensive but then that's to be expected for all the amenities they provided. I had two friends that lived there already. They had invited me back and I really enjoyed my visit. However, the meal time was a little slow, it took an hour for them to serve the meal and I didn't have the patience for it.

Doreen1 October 17, 2013

I went to Walden Place and it's a beautiful place with nice people. The facility has an older building which I really like because I don't like those modern buildings. It has hallways and each couple or person would have a two-room apartment with a kitchenette. The place is really nice, but it's not the kind of lifestyle that I need. I can't see myself living in a two-bedroom apartment. They have public spaces which are really nice. They have a computer room on each floor and a library. They also have lots of activities which seemed really corny to me. Everybody there seemed really happy. The price was too expensive for me although the services were absolutely incredible. They come in and clean your apartment every week and change the bed linens and that's very nice.

Albert3 August 29, 2013

I'm staying in Walden Place. They serve two meals a day including breakfast and the food is great. The management is very caring and they do all the housekeeping. The housekeepers serve the food basically and in the evening when the housekeepers aren't there, they have students from the local college to do it. The food is superb. I have everything that I need in my room and it is clean. They have all kinds of activities like various card games and activities that will keep you physically fit. They have bingo and people come in to do musical programs. They have a bus that takes people around to the various appointments, store, shopping centers and banks. But there is no lift for my scooter. I am recommending them to others.

Laura12 April 09, 2013

We've been in Walden Place for a couple of months now. The management is very kind and most people here are very nice. The food is very, very good. There's lots to do like exercises, bingo, card games, a TV room and movies on schedule. And if you don't want to participate it's all right, too. We have an outside entrance. We could go out to a patio and enjoy the fresh air and sunshine. We have two bedrooms and two separate bathrooms. You can also have pets. It really fills our needs and that's what we wanted. I would certainly recommend Walden Place.

From Walden Place

Walden Place is located in Iowa City, IA, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to Walden Place for a visit...and stay!

Features of Walden Place

• Hiking trails

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Dining extra: Private dining room