Walden Place Independent Living

2423 Walden Rd, Iowa City, IA, 52246

Reviews of Walden Place | Independent Living

October 30, 2015

Walden Place was very nice, clean and very well-kept. I had an interaction with the saleswoman who was very cordial.

January 24, 2015

We went to Walden Place for my mom. It was a very nice facility, but the travel for us wasn't convenient. The rooms were very nice. They had a couple of sizes that they offered. Their personnel were quite helpful and willing to work with you. Their chef seemed very knowledgeable about the cooking. They offered us a meal, and it was good. The only drawback that they had was their distance from where we live. However, the overall look of the facility was really nice; it was a nice setup. I would recommend Walden Place.

September 12, 2014

By Linda94739150

Walden Place was very nice, and the staff was wonderful. We've eaten there several times, and the food is excellent. Every time I was there it was something different. They had an outdoor concert earlier this year, and that was very nice. They keep calling me because they wanted me to come for Labor Day. They have some concerts, speakers that come in and talk, and all kinds of different things. I checked on the rooms and they were nice, but right now I am in a condo by myself, and it was like too much of a downsize for me. The staff was wonderful. They were very friendly, and they'd go out of their way to help you. They even have three chefs that are on duty to prepare the meals, set up the menus, and so forth, and I was very impressed with that. They have snacks on the countertop in between meals, and it seems like there is always something around to eat.

September 11, 2014

By anthony2609

Walden Place is very clean, up to date, and well taken care of. The price is good, and it’s near a hospital. The staff is friendly and eager to help. They’ve got games and an exercise room.

March 21, 2014

Walden Place was a nice place. I met some of the directors and they were very nice. They had good people. The rooms were very nice, clean and spacious. They had activities like board game nights. They had people coming in. They had an Elvis impersonator when I was there. They were a little expensive but then that's to be expected for all the amenities they provided. I had two friends that lived there already. They had invited me back and I really enjoyed my visit. However, the meal time was a little slow, it took an hour for them to serve the meal and I didn't have the patience for it.

October 17, 2013

By Doreen1

I went to Walden Place and it's a beautiful place with nice people. The facility has an older building which I really like because I don't like those modern buildings. It has hallways and each couple or person would have a two-room apartment with a kitchenette. The place is really nice, but it's not the kind of lifestyle that I need. I can't see myself living in a two-bedroom apartment. They have public spaces which are really nice. They have a computer room on each floor and a library. They also have lots of activities which seemed really corny to me. Everybody there seemed really happy. The price was too expensive for me although the services were absolutely incredible. They come in and clean your apartment every week and change the bed linens and that's very nice.

August 29, 2013

By Albert3

I'm staying in Walden Place. They serve two meals a day including breakfast and the food is great. The management is very caring and they do all the housekeeping. The housekeepers serve the food basically and in the evening when the housekeepers aren't there, they have students from the local college to do it. The food is superb. I have everything that I need in my room and it is clean. They have all kinds of activities like various card games and activities that will keep you physically fit. They have bingo and people come in to do musical programs. They have a bus that takes people around to the various appointments, store, shopping centers and banks. But there is no lift for my scooter. I am recommending them to others.

April 09, 2013

By Laura12

We've been in Walden Place for a couple of months now. The management is very kind and most people here are very nice. The food is very, very good. There's lots to do like exercises, bingo, card games, a TV room and movies on schedule. And if you don't want to participate it's all right, too. We have an outside entrance. We could go out to a patio and enjoy the fresh air and sunshine. We have two bedrooms and two separate bathrooms. You can also have pets. It really fills our needs and that's what we wanted. I would certainly recommend Walden Place.

Photos of Walden Place

Features of Walden Place

• Dining Extra: Private Dining Room

• Hiking Trails

About Walden Place

Walden Place is located in Iowa City, IA, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to Walden Place for a visit...and stay!

Map of Walden Place