Top nearby Independent Living Communities:

From The Fountains at Greenbriar

A rental community with no large entrance fee, The Fountains at Greenbriar in Independence MO offers Independent Living on a friendly, full-service campus. Choose from a studio, one- or two-bedroom apartment. Meals are enjoyed restaurant style, with optional wine service. We know that challenging our brains and getting in better physical shape has enormous benefits at every age, and The Fountains at Greenbriar offers an ongoing course schedule of mind-expanding and body-toning classes through Watermark University. A Watermark retirement community.

The Fountains at Greenbriar Amenities

• Commons room for performances, movies and lectures
  • Beautiful dining rooms
  • Private dining room available for entertaining
  • Bistro with pool table
  • Wellness Center
  • Exercise room
  • Non-denominational chapel
  • Central mail area
  • Complementary washers and dryers available
  • Covered parking available
  • Nature paths
  • Beautifully landscaped grounds

The Fountains at Greenbriar Services

• Choice of lunch or dinner served Monday through Saturday in the dining room
  • Deluxe continental breakfast available each day
  • Housekeeping of your apartment every other week
  • Weekly towel and linen service
  • 24 hour staffing
  • Variety of stimulating social, educational, cultural, recreational and spiritual programs
  • All utilities, except telephone and cable TV
  • Scheduled transportation
  • Move-in coordination service
  • Fitness programs include regularly scheduled exercise classes and walking programs Preventative health screenings and fitness lectures
  • Complete apartment maintenance, including plumbing and major appliances
  • Building maintenance, groundskeeping and landscaping services

Reviews of The Fountains at Greenbriar

Posted by kccheers March 10, 2015
4.0

My Mother and Father in Law lived there for less than a year. They were not happy there, maily saying that it was hard to make new friends, lots of "Cliques". The final straw for our family was this: They gave written 60 day notice as required on January 1st. Because it was a holiday, and no Manager could be located, they posted the written notice on the Manager's door. This week we noticed that they had been charged an extra 3 days rent because the Manager didn't see the written notice until January 3rd. YMMV, but we wore not happy with this.

Posted by Tracy13 November 05, 2014

The fountains have a good location and reputation. My mother in law had been there for a while two years ago, so I was familiar with the location. It’s a great, fantastic facility, and my mother feels very secure and comfortable there. Communication has been great; they provide alert necklaces, and she was able to push that button to get someone there to her apartment within two minutes when she fell a week and a half ago.

Posted by Caring74239850 February 14, 2014

We like all the activities they have at The Fountains at Greenbriar. They were just upbeat. My parents have a one-bedroom apartment that has a full kitchen, bathroom, walk-in shower, living room and a patio outside. I know they go on a lot of trips, but my parents are older and have not cared about going into anything right now. My mom has talked about the trips they have taken every week. I know they have Bingo and other activities going on. They said the food has been good.

Posted by LovingSister001 December 30, 2013

The Fountains at Greenbriar is close to my home. I like it. My sister has good care.

Posted by Chelsea4 September 25, 2013

The Fountains was very nice. Among the ones that I visited, it was my favorite. It liked the airiness and the arraignment of the place. I liked that the room had a kitchen area with a stove.

Posted by caring0005 July 11, 2013

We chose The Fountains because it met mom's needs in terms of the apartment size, the cost and the meal arrangements. Everything worked really well for her. She's been living there for six weeks. We liked the facility and the people there. They had tons of activities but that's not mom's interest. We couldn't ask for more with the staff, we're really well pleased. They did a great job of maintaining the place and she liked it there.

Posted by Carly1 December 22, 2012
4.0

The staff could have been a bit more attentive to the resident's needs. The facilities were in good order and the activities available to residents were numerous.

Location of The Fountains at Greenbriar