The Gardens at Spring Shadows

10100 Kempwood Drive, Houston, TX, 77080

Reviews of The Gardens at Spring Shadows

Loretta173518 June 28, 2016

My sister is in Garden at Spring Shadows. The staff is great. My sister is in a one-bedroom apartment with a kitchen where she can do any kind of cooking she wants. They provide meals but only during the week for breakfast and lunch. She enjoys cooking, so that is good for her. If she wants to bring up leftovers and not cook, she is able to do that. They provide transportation to wherever she needs to go. It is independent living. I am very pleased.

HF707173 May 25, 2016

The Gardens was fine. It was a good visit. We had a fine lunch with them, and the food was OK. It wasn’t anything to brag about, but it was good and well prepared. The dining room was one big room with the food around to each table. The living quarters have been redone, so they were very nice and well arranged. Mainly, I wanted to live downstairs, but they didn’t have anything open downstairs. The community was fine. I have known about it for quite a few years and know people there. It’s good.

Leroy8 May 11, 2016

The Gardens at Springs Shadows seemed fair to me, and the rooms were good and private. The properties looked really good, especially the lobby and the dining room. We were introduced to the people we met along the tour, and we were happy about that. They are very helpful to us. We were very happy with the price and the services that they offered. We liked the layout, and the greenery was very nice, too.

Caring68620650 August 30, 2014

The Terrace at Spring Shadows Place is a gated community. It’s on west Houston, a little bit north. It’s a much older facility; it actually was an apartment complex. It was not a place that I was looking for. It may be fine; it’s almost full. The area was a little further away from my family, so I was looking at that also. But all the people that I met seemed to be happy; that may have been more where they wanted to be in that part of the city. They got a lot of input from all the different seniors. They’ve got paid utilities and a couple of meals a day. However, they didn’t have anything like a nursing home. If you have difficulty managing as an independent person there, I don’t think they have anything beyond that. The kitchens in the apartments that I was able to look at where extremely small and I could not get my walker in to function there. Truthfully, they need to update the interior of the apartments, from my perspective. The flooring needed to be replaced. I was tripping on loose wood pieces.

smalley July 12, 2014

They changed owners an food is not as good. Power went out and late evening still not on. Elevator not working and folks are hungry and hot. They never told each person to come to one place that had ac. Should had told all there where ac was and fed them 3 meals. Drove an hour there to pick my mom up. Others just sitting there in

Peter18 April 24, 2014

So far, I've got no problems with The Terrace at Spring Shadows. I've got two bedrooms. I have a person who comes in on Monday to clean it. I haven't had any problem with the maintenance, so it's been pretty good. I like best the security. The only thing that I don't like is place setting or where they place you to sit at. I don't like that. I think that they have two restaurants for people who can hardly serve themselves, so they shouldn't put them all in one area. And the people who can do things for themselves, they shouldn't have that portion open. It's so excruciating when you are sitting across from a person who just had a stroke and can't speak. It just feels uncomfortable.

Caring81272350 March 29, 2014

The Gardens at Spring Shadows is fine. They have a lot of activities; there are at least ten activities on their daily schedule. The food is wonderful. I have the largest one-bedroom apartment that they have

Caring74276450 December 13, 2013

The staff at The Terrace at Spring Shadows Place are very accommodating. Dad has a regular one bedroom apartment with a kitchen. I have not tried their food, but dad says it's okay. They have group activity like outings and they have bingo nights.

Jim38 September 27, 2013

If I hadn't bought a house before I moved down to Houston, The Terrace at Springshadows would probably be the place where we would be living. It's very, very inexpensive including meals. The place is very spacious and it's a gated community. They've got carport for the cars. The staff were very nice and they took us through a golf cart to the particular apartments that they wanted to show to us.

Marianne6 September 23, 2013

The people living there were very happy. The facility was up to par. They were clean and I liked the apartments. I liked their courtyards. It looked therapeutic. I liked how they keep the atmosphere homey and they had an area where everybody can sit down and talk to each other. They had the normal activities. One thing I noticed was no one bothered to lock up their doors.

Caring9596 July 30, 2013

Spring shadows is very nice and I've been living here for two weeks. I have a large living area with a bedroom and kitchen with brand new appliances. They have lot of activities, catholic and protestant bible studies and bingo. I'm happy here but I'm handicapped and they might be able to make an entrance for a ramp.

Caring070202 July 11, 2013

My dad was at The Terrace at Spring Shadows Place and he chose it because he could afford the price and it was close to me and my brother. The people were great and the staff were very helpful. He had a full one bedroom apartment with a kitchen and they had two dining rooms. He became active in all the different things they provided like Church on Sundays, exercise thrice a week, Bible study once a week and bingo twice a week among others. He was very active and he just loved it there.

Caring5477 June 29, 2013

The staff at The Terrace at Spring Shadows Place were very good and very helpful. A very good value for the cost. My mother was happy there.

Anonymous3475 June 19, 2013

My daughter and myself was searching for a place for me to stay and somebody recommended The Terrace at Spring Shadows. The place is fantastic. The staff are helpful. The food is good. We had breakfast at 8 o'clock in the morning, lunch at 12 noon, and dinner is served at 8.

Caflap March 07, 2012

My visit consisted of me visiting the location, speaking with the residents, and speaking with the people that worked there. I spoke with several of the staff and found them to be friendly and inviting. I primarily dealt with the woman in charge of providing activities for the residents. She was welcoming and friendly to everyone. I looked over the planned events, and found myself wanting to go myself. I asked about the facilities that were provided and spoke to workers about how each resident was given different facilities such as help with movement as was deemed necessary for their conditions. When the residents talked about the staff to me, they complimented them without any issues which I found pleasant. In addition, I found the overall facilities of the location and the setup to be in short, gorgeous. I found myself wanting to return for myself. My only reason for not giving 5 stars was that I have seen better places before.

From The Gardens at Spring Shadows

The Gardens at Spring Shadows is an independent living community tucked away in northwest Houston in the Spring Branch neighborhood. The Gardens offers active, affordable living for seniors in spacious one and two bedroom apartments. With a variety of activities, 9 beautiful gardens, 3 swimming pools, a putting green and a beauty salon, residents at The Gardens never lack for fun adventures. Our gated community and courtesy officer provides seniors a safe place to live and enjoy life with no worries.

Great Value, Simple Lifestyle, Exceptional People. These three key components of The Gardens define who we are and what seniors can expect living here.

Features of The Gardens at Spring Shadows

• Internet in residents' rooms
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Companion suites: We do not offer companion suites

• Pool
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library

• Some residents have in-room full kitchens (including oven, etc.)

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Tai chi

• Private services

• We charge an entry fee
  • Monthly rent is all inclusive
  • Fee structure extra: 1 and 2 year rental agreements