Reviews of The Abbey at Westminster Plaza | INDEPENDENT LIVING
CH172441 November 25, 2016
I visited this facility
The Abbey at Westminster Plaza was beautiful. The staff was really helpful. We met the residents, and they were lovely. The athletic facility was lovely, and the food was top-notch. I cannot say anything bad about it. It was lovely and brand new.
Caring78602750 February 28, 2014
I visited this facility
The one that I will ultimately go to is called The Abbey at Westminster Plaza. The thing that I like best about it is it's close to my son. He is about two miles away, so it makes it much more convenient for me. The people were very nice. The lady did show me all the amenities of the place. They did have activities. There was a large game room for various activities and a place for a little store for general needs. They have a beautiful indoor pool and a heating pool, which I need. They would provide three meals a day, seven days a week. It looked like a nice place to live.
From The Abbey at Westminster Plaza
Independent Living and Assisted Living Community
Our Senior Living Community offers spacious 55+ Luxury Independent Living apartments designed to suit your lifestyle so you can finally focus on the things you love! With easy access to Beltway 8 and two blocks West of Royal Oaks Country Club.
The Abbey at Westminster Plaza is nestled on eight acres of meticulously landscaped grounds. You can choose from a variety of lifestyle options including Assisted Living, Memory Enhancement and the newest addition of a four-story 144 unit Independent Living Community. Considered some of the largest in the Houston area, our spacious apartments are fully customized with granite countertops, full kitchens with stainless steel appliances, washer and dryer, wood floors, crown molding and individual climate controls. Step into our beautifully appointed lobby complete with onsite dining, indoor heated swimming pool, spa and a sports lounge for entertaining. And for your peace of mind, we offer onsite security, 24-hour concierge services and a covered parking garage.
The Abbey at Westminster Plaza also boasts a Health & Wellness Center with rehab services and a hydrotherapy pool. Come experience worry-free living. From the minute you enter, you’ll feel right at home.
One of the attractive features of The Abbey at Westminster Plaza is our Alzheimer’s Community, which was carefully designed to provide the best possible setting for those with memory impairment. Self-esteem is encouraged and fostered through success-oriented activities, emotional support, and family involvement.
Our experienced staff receives specialized training regarding the challenges of caring for residents with dementia. All within a secured environment, our residents enjoy an elegant family room, fine restaurant-style dining, a beautifully landscaped courtyard and patio area, and a sunroom.
Families can choose between a private apartment or a semi-private apartment, for those who prefer the companionship of a roommate. Every room is spacious and has large windows with custom treatments. Our around-the-clock staff is available to continuously meet resident needs. Rates are based on the type of apartment chosen with all levels of care included.
Our amenities provide a place to pursue hobbies, visit with longtime friends, and have the opportunity to meet new ones. These special features include:
- Wellness centers
- Elegant restaurant-style dining rooms in a charming atmosphere
- Comfortable family rooms and lounges
- Exercise Gym
- General Store
- Movie Theater
- Arts and Crafts
- Outdoor Garden & Cafe
- Computer Lab with basic training, e-mail, and video conferencing to help you stay in touch with your family and friends
The Abbey Independent Living Community at Westminster Plaza prides itself on being an all-inclusive Senior Living Community. Amenities include:
- Three chef prepared meals per day seven days a week
- An extensive activity program
- Sports lounge for entertaining
- Hair salon and barbershop
- Spa services
- Indoor heated swimming pool
- Outdoor patio complete with fireplace and kitchen
- Housekeeping, maintenance, and onsite security
- 24 hour concierge services
- Dog Park and a covered parking garage.
What Makes Us Special
We are privately owned and operated by a Texas family with over 60 years of industry experience. Our Senior Living Community offers spacious 55+ Luxury Independent Living apartments designed to suit your lifestyle so you can finally focus on the things you love!
Features of The Abbey at Westminster Plaza
Technology and entertainment
- Cable TV in resident's rooms
- Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas
- Medication Management
Room and housing options
- 1-bedroom apartments
- 2-bedroom apartments
- Studio apartments
- Housing extra: Shared living
- Beauty/Barber shop
- Computer room
- TV room
- Gardens/outside patio
- Parking for residents
- 24-hour security gate
- Transportation for residents (shuttle bus or similar)
- Shared space where residents can host parties
- Some residents have in-room kitchenettes
- Meals in a shared dining room
- Some residents have in-room full kitchens (including oven, etc.)
- Arts, woodworking, craft
- Organized offsite activities (outings, etc)
- Religious services
- Lectures and discussions
- Book clubs
- Tai chi
- Guests can attend meals
- Ample parking for guests
- Laundry service for clothes
- Laundry service for linens
- We help families understand VA benefits
- We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living
- Minimum rate: $3,595/month
Location of The Abbey at Westminster Plaza
Get Cost Information
Get full access to reviews, cost information, and amenities