Tarrytowne Estates

1815 Enclave Parkway, Houston, TX, 77077

Reviews of Tarrytowne Estates

Anonymous038036 June 10, 2016

I think the staff of Tarrytowne Estates were nice people. Their dining area was nice and looked clean.

Thank you so much for visiting us at Tarrytowne. Our staff and management all work together as a family, and we are all about family. We offer a wide range of freshly prepared home cooked meals and ensure a safe environment for our residents and guests.

KathyOSCIE May 11, 2016

Tarrytowne Estates helped my sister a lot and provided a bed, sofa, chair, coffee table, a TV, and TV stand. The food was excellent at first, then declined for awhile, but now it’s improving.

K5 January 15, 2016

Mom loves Tarrytowne Estates. It is beautiful. Mom is thrilled. The staff are great there. It is the nicest facility that we looked at. There are two managers there that are so sweet. She did come from a larger facility where there were a lot of staff. Like when I come with some heavy things and I need help there aren't as many staff helping. But really that's not a complaint and something I am sure I can talk to them about and resolve. Mom says that all the residents seem happy there. The staff really try with the activities. Mom is super healthy in how she eats and the staff really worked with her needs regarding that. It has gone beyond our expectations. I am so happy with this facility. It is a perfect fit for her here.

Thank you for the wonderful review. It’s nice to hear that your mom loves it here. It is great validation as we are working hard to make Tarrytowne Estates the premier independent senior living community in West Houston! We also appreciate your patience as we adjust staff, roles, and responsibilities to adapt to the new business model. Our plan going forward is to offer full concierge services much like a high end hotel. We love our residents like family! We’re so thankful you and mom are part of ours. Guy and Patti Alvin, Community Directors

Bill and Jan January 01, 2016

My father-in-law was in Tarrytowne and we were happy with it. It was a wonderful place. We loved that facility. Everything was perfect and we loved Terryrtowne. I would recommend that to anybody. It was independent living, but you could employ assisted living facilities there. That would be an extra. It was a great facility.

KeithO December 12, 2015

Tarrytowne is like an extended family of residents and staff. Everything is included for residents to enjoy themselves and stay active. Some staff has been working at Tarrytowne for over 20 years. They love doing what they do and our reside make it all worth it.. The typical first impression response is "i feel so comfortable here" Our goal is to be there for the residents and treat them honestly and respectfully. We are hear for you.

Caring113506850 September 25, 2015

Tarrytowne had the meals included, but because I cook, my daughter was under the impression that if we didn't go to the meals we didn't have to pay for them. However, you pay a flat fee, and if you don't go there, it's your choice but you still have to pay for it. They had lots of activities and we enjoyed our lunch there. It was very nice, and they were very friendly. They provided rides to take me shopping, etc.; however, the rides were not handicap accessible. I'm in a wheelchair, so I still have to be going with my husband and I would be paying for things that I did not need or that I was not able to do.

The kitchens in the apartments did not have a lot of stuff. They didn't have a dishwasher because they expect the people to go down to have their meals with them. I would, but it's just not my husband's personality. We weren't there long enough and I didn't delve into it once I heard about the meal plan. I would recommend it to anybody who wants and needs meals. We tried their food and we had crab cakes, but they were not to my husband's liking.

Wilma6 February 19, 2015

I visited another community named Tarrytowne, and I'm impressed with it. It is nice. I saw some of the apartments, and I had lunch there. The apartments were not as large as the one in the other facility. The food was OK, and the dining room is very pretty.

We are happy to hear you had a nice visit at our all-inclusive retirement community. In addition to providing residents 3 chef-prepared meals each day, we also offer complimentary transportation, utilities, housekeeping, maintenance, wellness and fitness classes, social mixers and more, all for one price. Our residents are our top priority and we would love to see a new face here at Tarrytown Estates. Please let us know if you have further questions or would like to visit again.

Caring81345950 March 26, 2014

I have moved in at Tarrytowne Estates. I chose this facility because this was just far and above everything else I saw. The grounds are just beautiful. The staff is absolutely wonderful. They are helpful, friendly, polite, and they do anything you ask them to do. I am very, very happy. They have many room sizes and I am in a large one bedroom. They provide three meals a day if you chose to and the food is wonderful. They have just about any activities that the residents want to do. They also take the residents to places and they also show movies. You couldn’t ask for anything else.

usaproud89 August 21, 2012

The place was clean, but the dining room area was too small. The personnel were mostly nice, but a few of the employees obviously did not like working for this retirement community. I had a chance to walk through the buildings and toured a few different styles of rooms. This wasn't a fancy hotel, but it did offer the basic amenities to live in. Their physical therapy seemed top of the line though!

benzbabe June 28, 2012

Great assisted living facility! They really care. The best in Houston!

From Tarrytowne Estates

An all-inclusive community offering excellent accommodations and amenities to Houston seniors, Tarrytowne Estates is an affordable option for individuals seeking independent living. We are located only a short distance away from numerous local destinations, such as shopping, restaurants and even medical facilities, all of which are easily accessible through our scheduled transportation program.

Tarrytowne Estates shares the same mission to be a preferred senior living provider through offering choice, value and independence to each of our valued residents.

Featured Amenities

During your stay at our community, we provide a wide range of events and activities for your enjoyment. These can include trips to local attractions, movie nights, social mixers, themed meals, group games, Wii bowling and even live, on-site music and entertainment.

When not participating in one of our many community events, take advantage of some of the on-site amenities available. Our beautiful library is well stocked with a variety of reading materials, while our resident computer center offers Internet access to keep in touch with out-of-town family and friends.

Available Services

As an added convenience, we include all basic utilities and cable TV services with your flat monthly rental fee. In addition, our common areas feature free Wi-Fi for use by residents and their guests. When needing to do a little bit of laundry, there are complimentary facilities located at easily accessible spots within our community.

To help ensure that your time spent here at Tarrytowne Estates is as relaxing as possible, we provide all accommodations with weekly housekeeping services, as well as maintenance, whenever needed. Our community managers live right on site and are available 24 hours a day to assist as needed.

Tarrytowne Estates provides the services and amenities that help make retirement living as enjoyable as possible.

In addition to its wonderful location and our gorgeous landscaping, Tarrytowne Estates residents enjoy the finest benefits in our affordable community, including: surprisingly affordable community, including:  Chef-Prepared Meals: Enjoy three home-cooked meals daily prepared by our chef, served at your table in our dining room.  Fun Social Activities and Outings: Access a full activity calendar including: games, exercise, movies and many more fun weekly events.  Transportation: We offer local transportation for shopping trips, doctor’s appointments and other scheduled activities and events.  Weekly Housekeeping Service: Enjoy your own personal housekeeper who will clean, vacuum, do light dusting, change your linens and bring you toilet tissue weekly.  Caring Live-In Managers Available to You 24/7: You’ll have peace of mind knowing that our resident mangers live here too. Each apartment has an emergency communication system. Pool, walking path

Features of Tarrytowne Estates

• Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Physical therapy

• Housing extra: double unit 1300 sq feet
  • Companion suites: We do not offer companion suites

• General store
  • 24-hour security gate
  • Pool
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library, Fitness room/Gym, overnight security live in managers

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Activities extra: children schools visiting

• Private services

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Some residents have in-room full kitchens (including oven, etc.)

• Monthly rent is all inclusive
  • Fee structure extra: We offer a month-to-month-rental