Copperfield Estates

Reviews of Copperfield Estates

Overview of Ratings

4.1

June 10, 2016

We visited Copperfield Estates a couple of times. At first, we were kind of interested, and then my wife was a little anxious on it. They showed us a two-bedroom, which was very nice, that had windows on both sides because it was on a corner and had a lot of light in it. For some reason or another, we were talked into signing a lease agreement and that was the worst mistake we’ve ever made in our lives. It’s not that they tricked us or anything as we did it ourselves, but we haven’t moved in. It was too far to walk to the dining room area. My wife had to go to the doctor the next day because of her knee; she had shots in her knee because it was almost half a mile to walk. We told them she can’t do that walking and so forth, but because we’ve signed the agreement, they said that we’re going to pay for it plus an initiation fee. That’s the weirdest thing I’ve heard in my life, but we signed it and we’re paying for it. We can’t afford that, but they don’t care. I wouldn’t stay there if they paid me to stay there. I didn’t realize people did things like that, especially to older people. They had a game room where they play checkers. I don’t do that and my wife doesn’t do board games or stuff like that. That’s the way they were in Copperfield. We could not rate them because we had such a bad feeling about them. I’m sure the people who live there and probably didn’t have to sign leases like that are very happy with what they’re doing. If they hadn’t done that to us, I might rate them quite high.

Hi Anonymous038036, we appreciate you taking the time to respond. The staff at Copperfield Estates take our reviews very seriously, and would like very much the opportunity to follow up with you to learn more about this and your experience in greater detail. Can you give our Resident Relations team a call at (800) 370-8331? We would really like to get in touch with you regarding this matter - thank you!!

March 31, 2016

By A Fellow Reviewer122227150

We found Copperfield Estates for my sister. They have studios, one-bedroom, and two-bedroom apartments. It doesn’t offer anything medical, so if you need medical, you have to hire that on top of everything else. The facility is very nice, though, with nice staff and excellent food. They have bingo, movies, card games, and lots of activities happening four or five times a day.

February 22, 2016

By Sandra120055050

I visited Copperfield Estates. I was impressed with the cleanliness and the attitude of the staff. I really liked that. The rooms were very clean and nice. The dining area was set up nice, and the food was very good.

September 26, 2015

I visited Copperfield Estates. I could get a studio there that did not have a kitchen, but it was more than what I am paying now. To get a 1-bedroom was way out of my price range and it still didn't have a kitchen. I liked the girl there that I talked to. The main dining room was very nice, very well kept and very clean. The rooms were very clean and nice too.

July 15, 2015

By Erma3

Copperfield Estates was really nice. The way that it was set up and everything was just nice. All I can say are good things about them. They were very friendly. It was really nice and clean, and it smelled good. I was really impressed with it.

April 27, 2015

Copperfield Estates is like a cruise ship that isn't going anywhere. It's very well organized, clean, and well run. It has a pool table. We found it to be fairly expensive, but it's a really nice place.

October 25, 2014

By George100820050

I have lived in Copperfield Estates since June or July. I chose it because of location, and the overall ambience of the place was good enough as a whole. They have Bingo, exercise, and Wii games.

June 17, 2014

By Danny8

My parent is in Copperfield Estates. It is top of the line. I like the cleanliness and overall appearance of the place. Everything is immaculate and beautiful. The staff is very good, and they have excellent food.

June 16, 2014

Copperfield Estates is very accommodating. We had a nice lunch but nobody ever followed up with us. We kept thinking we could hear from the salesperson and nobody ever called us back. The staff is fine. The rooms are depressing; we were looking at a 1-bedroom. I thought the food was better than OK. The dining facilities are nice enough. The activities don't look very inviting. They’re mostly sedentary like bridge. It reminded me of a college dorm. There’s nothing outside going on. People like sitting outside in the sunshine or taking a walk. It looked like an institution to me. They would have to do a complete renovation of the rooms and have some facilities like some gazebos for people to sit around in outside. I talked with several residents; they were mostly women, and they were friendly enough, because they were all curious about why my sister and I were there. They were well enough, dressed casually but pretty nice.

November 27, 2013

We spent three hours at Copperfield Estates which is a senior retirement and it's an excellent facility. The grounds were nice, well kept, and clean. We ate there and the food was good. The staff was great. The residents were nice and everybody was friendly. Their activities were what they said their activities were. Rooms were nice; they had one bedrooms and studios.

November 22, 2013

Copperfield Estates was beautiful and they want my mother there. We ate there and the food was good. There were a lot of activities and we spent three hours there. The rooms were fabulous.

July 25, 2013

By caring0701313

I choose Copperfield Estates for my mom. The place is close to me and it's a fabulous facility. It seems like the staff is very professional. We were very impressed with them. We liked the space the facility has, the three meals a day. She loves her room. She loves the security and the fact that the managers lived there on the premises, next to her room, and that really is a huge, huge, huge plus.

June 12, 2013

By Howard5

I thought Copperfield was a very new place, very nice. The staff was really outstanding. We didn't eat the food, but we were there at mealtime and it looked very good. The only worry we had was because my in-laws were eighty nine and ninety years old, I think they were a little bit concerned about having to ride an elevator. The other thing was their rooms were way too small and that was my main concern. So far, those were the only negatives. I don't know if we're going to use them or not, but it is top two on our list.

July 28, 2011

By shoppinggirl

This is an assisted living facility that I have visited. I take a group of students as volunteers. The staff here are knowledgeable and friendly. You can tell that they really enjoy working there. The residents there seemed well taken care of and happy. The facility is clean and looks new. I think the building is only a few years old. The only negative comment that I have about this is that the building is very close to West Road, which is a main road.

Photos of Copperfield Estates

Features of Copperfield Estates

• Minimum Rate: $1924/month

• Dining Extra: Private Dining Room

About Copperfield Estates

Copperfield Estates is located in Houston, TX, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to Copperfield Estates for a visit...and stay!

Map of Copperfield Estates