Brookdale Willowbrook Park

7575 Willowchase Boulevard, Houston, TX, 77070

Reviews of Brookdale Willowbrook Park

Guy5 May 13, 2015

Brookdale Willowbrook Park (Terrace at Willowbrook) is a very nice place. Their housekeeping service is excellent. Once a week, they come in the place, vacuum, and wipe everything in the bathroom, in the kitchen, and the floors, too. The rooms are spacious. The kitchen, the bedroom, bathroom, and the closet are nice. There is enough space for one person to be happy in there.

The people were friendly, wonderful, and organized. Every day, they have something going on. They have a beautiful restaurant. My girlfriend lives right here. Sometimes we go to the restaurant, and it’s very nice. We’re very pleased to recommend this place to anybody that’s looking for senior living.

Caring88879850 September 27, 2014

My mother has been living in Brookdale Plaza for almost three months now. I chose this place for her because of its location. The staff working there is very nice. They also have beautiful rooms and facilities. Their food has a good quality too. So far, we have been very pleased with the community. My mother is very pleased as well living in Brookdale Plaza.

Caring87346650 June 30, 2014

My parents have settled into Brookdale Plaza now. We like the location, and they like the amenities. I think the room I got was like 300 sq. ft. The staff was very pleasant. The food is good. They have a restaurant and a bistro. They have exercise classes. They have activities every day. They have a shuttle that goes to the church. They have a weekly grocery, which they really like, shopping trips every day, and doctor's appointments once a week. There are different clubs that they can join. There is aqua aerobics. I think they feel safe there; it's very secure. They had an incident about a week ago, and someone responded within a minute. It was great.

Harvey8020 June 30, 2014

We chose Brookdale Plaza for the price. My dad has only been there for two weeks. They have a larger independent living community. Their assisted living facility is a separate property. The community itself is quiet. It is an older property, but it is very well kept and maintained. The staff I met has been helpful and very courteous.

Caring80753450 April 11, 2014

We actually liked The Terrace at Willowbrook very, very much. My mother-in-law also liked it. However, this facility is definitely for someone who doesn't mind that every time you walk out of your door of your unit, you're outside, so to walk from your unit to the dining room, you would have to walk outside. The covered walkways outside were lovely for somebody without mobility issues. Right now, my mother-in-law doesn't have a huge mobility problem but they are probably only going to get more challenging as the years goes on. So she doesn't think this facility would be a good fit for her. Nevertheless, they have beautiful gardens and six indoor courtyards with the rooms all around it. All the units are facing the courtyard and it was like having six little parks with beautiful landscaping. The view outside your room would look out to these beautiful gardens, so it was very nice. My mother-in-law loved the fact that they had a little convenience store there. Also one thing she really liked, and we were all impressed with, was that they do like a debit card on the meal credit for the month. You have a debit amount on your card, and you can use it any way you want during the month. My mother-in-law liked that approach, that she can spend her food money how she wishes. So if she is out of town for a few days or something, she is not paying for the meals she is not eating. She is only paying for the food that she actually orders and consumes. We also really like the rooms there. They were apartment-like rooms. Their rooms did have nice kitchens, but they didn't have washer/dryer. However, they had a laundry facility on every floor.

Jeffrey3 March 31, 2014

We're trying to get my grandfather's stuff all set up, but he'll be at The Terrace probably about the third week of March. Proximity was certainly one factor because we wanted one within a short distance. It's just on the street about a mile from my house here. The other one was flexibility because a lot of these places serve meals, but only at certain times of the day. The Terrace has a much more flexible feeding situation, in which they do have fixed meal times, but they also have a nice little café. You can go in there and get sandwiches, salads, and beverages. I think it opens at 9:00 am and it stays up until 9:00 pm, so my grandpa doesn't feel that he has to get up at a certain time.

The cost is very competitive. We're very happy with the cost and the flexibility that that offers and the size of the room. We have a 1-bedroom, so the size of the apartment essentially is a lot bigger. This one has its own fridge where grandpa likes to have his own things. It has its own dining area. The bedroom is nice and big. It seemed just a lot nicer than all the other places.

Debbie82127250 December 31, 2013

The Terrace at West University was beautifully laid out and peaceful. The staff was very accommodating. I had lunch there and that was good food. They had a variety of apartment sizes from small, medium and large. The place was nice, the people were nice, and I have a feeling I'd probably end up there at the Terrace.

S.M. November 20, 2013

An online directory referred me to a place that is perfect for my mom and that's The Terrace. We visited a lot of facilities and they were all good, but it just seemed like this one was just a step above the rest. Their amenities were nice. It had a patio, a fountain, an atrium, and a gazebo to sit underneath. They have trees on their courtyard. My mom is really an outdoor type of person, so this place kind of hit her pretty good. And for me personally, I would live there when I retire. They basically have one-bedroom apartments. They have stoves in their apartments, so if my mom wants to cook, she can.

Most places serve three meals, though those are fine, but most people don't take advantage of them. This facility though would serve only two meals, breakfast and lunch, and then they have a bistro that goes from 9 am to 9 pm. Also, food was the thing I like best about this facility. Regarding activities, they did have all kinds of them. They would take them to the stores or to the malls and I think that's a good thing. If there is one thing I would change in this facility, it is the price. It is a little high.

Jade1 September 26, 2013

My aunt and my mom are living at The Terrace at Willowbrook for a couple of years now. The reason we chose this facility is because the hallways are open. It's an apartment complex and it is built on six courtyards. All of the hallways are connected. They got trees and it's just a beautiful facility. The place is well staffed and compared to other facilities. It's moderately priced and it is very well run. The staff calls the residents on a first name basis. They consider themselves as family. It's a very friendly facility with very nice people. They have a good chef and the food is good. They are very attentive. If you point something out, they do their best to try to fix whatever it is. They also allow you to get a little extra help without having to go to assisted living. The location is close to the hospital and malls. I would definitely recommend them to people.

Michele8 September 25, 2013

My mom is at The Terrace Willowbrook and she loves everybody there. She started getting respite care and she ended up asking to move into the facility permanently. The people were fabulous and they have been wonderful. The residents as well as the staff have been very helpful with mom. I haven't tried the food, but mom doesn't miss a meal so the food must be good.

Cecilia3 August 10, 2013

Me and my husband has been with The Terrace at Willowbrook for two and a half months now and so far so good. We chose this place because it appealed to us and we can go outside anytime we want. The place is excellent. The staff are very accommodating. It's been really great and we enjoyed it here. We have access to all of the facilities and it's a very, very nice and enjoyable place to live. They have all kinds of activities. They got a pool room, a TV room, a library, a gym, and a community center where we can go to church, watch movies, and play games. We do water aerobics and just about anything you can think of. I think they need to add on more food because we get only very small portions and you don't get second serving. They have good food, but they just need to serve more of it.

Caring0090 March 29, 2013

My dad is eighty-four years old and is staying in The Terrace of Willowbrook which is an independent living facility. He likes it just fine but he probably could be eating more food. He's Celiac and can't have toast, croissants, cakes, pies and pancakes. If they bread fish or anything else, he can't eat it. He tried talking with them but there are a lot of Spanish workers there and when he tries to explain, they can't understand him. He's relatively happy there. The place has nice trees and grounds. A person comes in once a week to clean his apartment.

From Brookdale Willowbrook Park

Brookdale Willowbrook Park provides a full range of choices for today's seniors. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. Our Brookdale community delivers Inspired Independent Living, with the promise of Exceptional Experiences Everyday. In choosing this community, our residents have made a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver enhanced opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through the exceptional services, amenities and opportunities we offer.

Our Optimum Life® and Celebrations programs provide an all-encompassing way of life that touches our residents, their families and associates alike. Optimum Life® is a journey of self-discovery including services, features and benefits that allow each resident to pursue their peak level of health, wholeness and fulfillment while balancing six key dimensions of personal wellness: emotional, intellectual, physical, social, spiritual and purposeful. As part of Optimum Life® we encourage our residents to celebrate life each day. Inspired dining, with fresh meals prepared by chefs trained in our own Culinary Arts Institute, and vibrant lifestyle activities come together in our Celebrations program. These activities fill the monthly calendar with themed experiences, special events and group activities highlighting different cultures and cuisines in a common venue of camaraderie.

Apartment Features
  • Full-size apartment homes
  • Appliances included
  • 24-hour emergency call system
  • Individually controlled heating and air conditioning
  • 1 Bedroom, 1 Bath

• General store
  • 24-hour security gate
  • Pool
  • Coffee shop
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library, Fitness room/Gym

• Tai chi
  • Activities extra: Computer class

• Private services

• Physical therapy

• Some residents have in-room full kitchens (including oven, etc.)

• Minimum age: 55