Brookdale First Colony

16900 Lexington Boulevard, Houston, TX, 77479

Reviews of Brookdale First Colony

May 01, 2015

By Robin Mommie

I have visited Brookdale First Colony, and they were great. The apartments were beautiful, and it came with a microwave.

April 30, 2014

Terrace- First Colony is a great place for retired people because they have activities. They're independent, but yes, they are with a group of people their own age. They form friendships; they have a community -- it's great. Upkeeping is pretty good. They also have a service where you can contact for people to come in to their homes occasionally to help them with their medications, which was what we did with my mother-in-law. I think the staff is very loving and very caring. She's happy to be there. She's been there for like 10 years, and so it's her home.

March 29, 2014

By Teresa31

At first, my brother-in-law was apprehensive about what he wants to do at Terrace at First Colony, but they really get you involved there and make you feel welcome. He is the secretary of the little association they developed there. He had adjusted very well. It's mainly an apartment style living as opposed to an enclosed setting with the rooms literally in an enclosed building. The facility offers both assisted and private living, so he's able to do his daily duties on his own. He has a vehicle, so he is able to drive if he needs to. They have also the bus service that is offered for the whole community. They provide two meals a day. You do have the option of three meals a day, that's an extra expense if you want. You have a nice kitchen in your apartment to be able to cook if you choose or prepare on your own as well. He truly loves it there.

March 24, 2014

I like the First Colony. It's close to all my friends and somebody can reach me. The staff was very good. They have exercises and swimming. I checked a 1-bedroom apartment. It's pretty good and there's a nice full kitchen. They've asked me to choose the color, the carpet, and the countertop.

February 25, 2014

By Janet72600350

My mother moved in last December in Terrace at First Colony. She's beginning to adjust and goes to everybody. I think it’s a good facility. You're getting want you pay for. The apartments are very nice. They wear name tags so they know each other, that's very nice too. After losing my dad she needs company, they were willing to take her dog. That's God sent. They have lots of activities planned every minute of the day. They have movies, bingo, outings to restaurants and different things. You just choose what you want to do. The only thing we had to get used to is that it wasn't an indoor facility where all the apartments were indoors. It's like a Spanish villa, almost everything's kind of open. They have four courtyards that when you walk out of your apartment, you have an open walkway covered by the building. That is a drawback at first that we really had to consider it but it's not a big deal.

September 14, 2013

By Victor4

We knew a number of people at the Terrace at First Colony. We looked for a community and some places had a cold atmosphere. Everybody there was friendly and we liked it. They were prompt at getting out requests done. It was also closer to our church. It was a two bedroom place. However, our cats wouldn't be able to go out because the doors did not face outside.

July 24, 2013

By caring6641

The Terrace is fine, it's very clean, there was nothing wrong with it, but we just decided not to go that route. They had activities weekly. They had apartment type rooms.

Photos of Brookdale First Colony

• Golf
  • Pool
  • Features Extra: Library, Fitness Room/Gym, Daily 10am Resident Check

• Tai Chi
  • Activities Extra: Resident Run Putting Clubs Along With Many Other Resident Run Events. Happy Hours Monthly With Live Entertainment. Scheduled Outings

• Home Sale Assistance

About Brookdale First Colony

Brookdale First Colony provides a full range of choices for today's seniors. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. Our Brookdale community delivers Inspired Independent Living, with the promise of Exceptional Experiences Everyday. In choosing this community, our residents have made a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver enhanced opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through the exceptional services, amenities and opportunities we offer.

Our Optimum Life® and Celebrations programs provide an all-encompassing way of life that touches our residents, their families and associates alike. Optimum Life® is a journey of self-discovery including services, features and benefits that allow each resident to pursue their peak level of health, wholeness and fulfillment while balancing six key dimensions of personal wellness: emotional, intellectual, physical, social, spiritual and purposeful. As part of Optimum Life® we encourage our residents to celebrate life each day. Inspired dining, with fresh meals prepared by chefs trained in our own Culinary Arts Institute, and vibrant lifestyle activities come together in our Celebrations program. These activities fill the monthly calendar with themed experiences, special events and group activities highlighting different cultures and cuisines in a common venue of camaraderie.

EAT American Bistro --- Designed to reinvent the dining experience, EAT American Bistro offers all day dining in an inviting social lounge atmosphere.

Map of Brookdale First Colony