The Camelot

800 W Oakland Ave, Hemet, CA, 92543

Reviews of The Camelot

Ray086074 August 24, 2016

My mother-in-law is living in The Camelot. The place is very clean and nicely laid out inside, though the inside is kind of weird. It’s like a castle and beautiful. It has lots of public areas and different areas for people to gather and talk or play games. The food is decent. It is not great, but it is good. The cleanliness is the most important part. It does not have that stink like some of these places have. She is happy there. Plus, they have an on-site nursing group that provides any additional care for folks that need assistance which is nice. It is an a la carte thing instead of a straight price, so you can choose which from them and that helps with the expenses.

Tom538484 August 22, 2016

The Camelot, more or less, takes care of their patients. What impresses me most is the way they feed everybody. The staff is nice. I will move there, if I can.

PatPMRQY May 22, 2016

The inside of The Camelot looks like a castle with really pretty lights, a grand staircase in the middle, and a really nice dining room. They had one- and two-bedroom apartments and studios. They had housekeeping once a week, and they wash and change your bedding and towels. Three meals a day are included in the rent. Everybody is really friendly and do what they can to help you. They have lots of different things to do to entertain you, like sing-alongs, cards, different crafts, and beanbag baseball where you throw the beanbag to the ceiling and it goes back and forth from the different bases, and it’s a lot of fun. They have a mother and daughter tea on Sunday upstairs and ice cream socials at an ice cream bar there.

Maria114717450 April 07, 2016

I visited The Camelot and was very satisfied with the cleanliness. The staff was very efficient and friendly. The room was small but very clean.

Ronie March 08, 2016

I really liked The Camelot, but the price was just too high. The food was perfect. The staff was nice. The rooms were very well kept up, and I saw that they had a calendar full of activities.

Anonymous115080250 November 05, 2015

The Camelot was a very nice place with very friendly people. It had lots of activities. They had their own citrus orchard, so you could go and pick your oranges. The staff was very friendly and very clean-looking. We saw the one-bedroom and two-bedroom units, and they were quite spacious and very nice. It had a kitchenette, but then three meals were covered for a day, so you did not need a kitchen. They had enough entertainment, then they would take you to town, if you needed to go. If somebody lived in the Camelot, which belonged to the Holiday Complex all over the United States, they could go anywhere there is a Holiday Retirement Home, stay for a maximum of one-week visit, free of charge. That sounded interesting. Also, you did not have to pay any entry fee.

J.C.1 September 30, 2015

I thought The Camelot was very nice. They invited me back for lunch, which I have not done yet. I would like to live there. The rooms were pretty nice.

Kevin20 September 29, 2015

The Camelot was a bit smaller, but it looked quite good. I took a quick tour of it, and it was well appointed and clean. I met some of the staff people, and they seemed to be topnotch. I had one meal there, and the food was good. I was pleasantly surprised. They had lots of activities. They also had a nice orchard on the grounds, so there's quite a large place for people to just go walking or walk their dogs.

Doty1 July 04, 2015

I visited The Camelot, and I had lunch there. It was all very nice. The food was excellent. The dining room was set up nicely, and it was fine. I wanted to live there because I had relatives that lived near there. The rooms were fine. The decor was not according to my taste if I were decorating, but it was OK. I would not have a bit of complaint. They seemed to have all the social recreations. There were a lot more than what I would participate in. However, they could add more outings or bus trips. I would be glad to live there if somebody would pay my bill.

Caring104579250 March 31, 2015

I visited The Camelot. They only offer independent living, they don't have the other two levels of service. The staff's work attitude was very good. The food was good.

Caring102704650 February 26, 2015

I visited Camelot. I really liked that, and I thought she would really like it too, but I don't know if she will go in there or not. I really liked Camelot, and the people were very nice. I thought it is a very nice place. It is probably the lowest in the whole area for what it is, but it is still a lot of money to put out once a month for my sister-in-law. I like just the way it was situated. I like the apartment living situation and the décor. It was just a nice place, and the people were very nice. I like the people that we talked to because they were very friendly and very nice.

Caring100331250 February 10, 2015

I was treated very well during the visit. As matter of fact, they’ve called me quite often to see how things are going. The staff was friendly. They were informative and were very accommodating. They had a swimming pool, an exercise room, a common dining room area, and planned activities. The Camelot had a good atmosphere; it just wasn’t the type of thing for me, but it was clean and well lit. They seemed to be on top of everything.

Caring97408250 December 06, 2014

I had found The Camelot, but I would not be moving until next year. I was familiar with the area. I was familiar with the people that live there. I used to live out that way, and there were a lot of my friends from church there. It was a very good community. I had very good facilities. I liked it very much. They had a full staff. They had exercise equipment. They had games. They had a big dining hall. They had two meals a day. They had housekeeping once a week where they change your bed, your linen, clean your bathroom and bedroom. They do excursions. They had a bus that would take you to the doctor or where you need to go within the radius of the city, and they take you to church on Sunday.

The environment was very friendly and very clean. It had a beautiful landscape. It had orchard in front, and it looked like a castle.

Caring99319750 September 24, 2014

Everything at The Camelot is beautiful. It is like a luxury hotel. Everything looks spotless. With the whole environment itself, it looks like a castle. The set-up of the dining room is gorgeous. It is set up like a hotel dining room. I dined there when my stepmother moved in. They have a separate dining room for guests. We all had dinner the day we moved her in and they didn't charge for it. The food was very good.

Kim73801950 July 30, 2014

My mother is at The Camelot. She seems to be very, very happy. She has made friends. They have lots of activities going on. She gets on their shuttle and goes to the store or goes to different facilities. She interacts with spelling bees and things like that. She likes it. Also the food is good. She was in a nursing facility, but when she came back, they have nurses on hand there to come check on her, take her blood pressure, give her showers and just check the medications and things like that. She is very happy with them too. They come in and they make beds if you need them to do things like that. However, The Camelot needs to update a little bit. They slowly have been doing some things and they did go in and refurbish it a little bit. However, they need new carpets and things like that just need to be freshened up.

seeking info February 28, 2014

The Camelot was nice. I'm on their list so that I would get invited to some of their activities, like ice cream social. I also had been to a couple of luncheons there and the food was generally pretty good. The staff seemed nice and approachable. Their rooms were nice and very expensive. I couldn't afford them. The dining room was very nice. I sat with a couple of residents there and they were nice.

They did have a lot of activities. They have exercises for their residents, a beauty salon, an orange grove where people can get free oranges. My husband and I went there when there was a doctor speaking and you could ask him questions. They have a little van that takes them places. One nice thing about them is their chain is all over the U.S. So if you would like to take a vacation, say in Florida, if they have an empty space there, you can stay there for free.

Loving Son2 August 29, 2013

We moved my mother into The Camelot last week and we're happy with everything. The facility is well taken care of. We have no problem with the rooms there. My mom particularly likes the dining room. There are several factors that we like about this facility but we especially like the price. It is just right for us.

George2345 August 15, 2013

The Camelot is good and comfortable. Their staff is very good. Food is satisfactory. Their dining room is also satisfactory. On the whole, it is a good place for me.

From The Camelot

The Camelot is located in Hemet, CA, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to The Camelot for a visit...and stay!

Features of The Camelot

• Hiking trails

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Dining extra: Private dining room