The Remington

2727 N 11th Ave, Hanford, CA, 93230

Reviews of The Remington

John102161450 February 09, 2015

The Remington is very nice. People were polite and very friendly. Its sister facility in Clovis was full and didn't have an opening. Hanford is a 45minute drive from where I live here in Clovis, but it was a little bit lower in price. More importantly, it was available. They had a room available the next day, and I needed something right away. They are very helpful and very polite. Every time my dad needs to learn how to use his cellphone or anything, he just asks them, and they tell him how to use it. They are doing well. They have plenty of things for him to do. They cook all his meals, and he has never complained about the food. He is doing well.

Teri5 January 29, 2015

We put my mom at The Remington, and it is awesome. She loves it. The price is good, and she is thriving there, so it is awesome. I love it. In the beginning, she said that she was not thrilled with the food, but I think she finally did like it. I think there are some good days and some bad days, but that is how it is at home too. It is a great facility. She was not doing well at home, and she is thriving here. She is going out to lunch sometimes; they take them out on the bus to Red Lobster or whatever, and she is meeting friends, meeting new people, whereas before this facility, she was pretty isolated. And the people that I have talked to are very kind. They have movies and exercises -- they have all sorts of stuff. They have lots of activities. She texted me the other day, and she said thank you so much for finding me this great place to live, so she is very happy there. We did see other places, but we didn't like them as much. This one was perfect. It is a great environment, and I like the way it is set up, which is kind of like a big hotel basically.

Dick5 January 30, 2014

The Remington has no pool, no spa, no drinking, no land available to put in a garden or anything, average age pretty old. It's a very beautiful architecture but you get the impression that they're scared to death of liability on the part of having any alcohol involved, having any swimming or a spa type of thing. It's a nice-looking facility but it doesn't have any facilities. The Remington is small. If you want to fix a meal for some friends in your own place, you'd be really limited. They have two bicycles. You look around, you see equipment and off to one side it's broken. If I'm going to pay that kind of money, I'm going to get up the gym I go to and I want to use the facilities where I'm at but in most cases, it's just not there.

Cynthia14 August 28, 2013

The Remington was a beautiful place and the people were very nice. I liked everything about it. There were lots of things to do. They had a living room, a computer room, card room and a pool room. They had everything, but the price was a little bit too much for me.

From The Remington

The Remington is located in Hanford, CA, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to The Remington for a visit...and stay!

Features of The Remington

• Housing extra: Cottages

• Hiking trails

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Dining extra: Private dining room