The Gables At Guilford

201 Granite Rd, Guilford, CT, 06437

Reviews of The Gables At Guilford

Caring106141550 May 06, 2015

The Gables was fine. The apartments were lovely. They had many building with several floors, and it was set up -- I was sure -- just like any retirement community. The dining room looked lovely. I thought the factor that we had a problem with was that it was too expensive. Most of these places were too expensive. Overall, our visit was positive. We didn't observe any activities, but my partner's son played the piano there.

Caring7211 June 27, 2014

The Gables was just fine. The biggest objection that I have is that the fee is very high. It's kind of hard for seniors with low incomes. The staff has been very knowledgeable. They're very nice, with good food. The apartments are very nice. We had a nice time there.

caring010328 April 02, 2014

My mother-in-law loved The Gables at Guilford the first time she saw it. The architecture was beautiful. The amenities were nice. The apartment was spacious. The price was reasonable. She loves the food as well. They have movie nights, bus service to various local attractions, arts and crafts, a pool table, and a lot more. It's great. I'd actually enjoy living there. We were really lucky to have found the one we love.

Nicholas2 May 31, 2013

I visited the Gables for a day about a year ago. It's a very, very nice, clean and airy place. There's plenty of room and the apartments are big. The food was good. I loved it because I came from that town, it is a senior independent-living facility and the town is where I wanted to go back to.

Private Care Manager December 20, 2011

I would not recommend the Gables at Guilford. Their website says "It's nestled in the woods" when in reality it's in the middle of nowhere. The physical layout is odd and spread out making it difficult for the residents to get around. The food was mediocre at best and options for alternative menu items were limited. The apartments are much smaller than depicted on the website and the housekeeping staff didn't do a very good job. The Gables is run by live-in management teams consisting of a husband and wife duo. The management turnover was frequent (7 teams in the two years my client lived there) making for a complete lack of consistency and a smoothly run operation.

From The Gables At Guilford

The Gables At Guilford is located in Guilford, CT, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to The Gables At Guilford for a visit...and stay!

Features of The Gables At Guilford