Reviews of The Village at Waterman Lake | Independent Living
Loving Daughter37 March 09, 2016
I visited this facility
I like The Village at Waterman Lake. It's a very nice facility with different-sized rooms to choose from. They have one-bedrooms and two-bedrooms and the price would determine the room that you choose. They have a building for independent and another building for assisted living, which is what I am looking for in a senior facility for my mom.
Caring107280650 June 15, 2015
I am/was a resident of this facility
I used to live at The Village at Waterman Lake. The staff was excellent. I had no complaints about the staff at all. The apartments were reasonably sized and well cared for. It was a nice place.
On a daily basis, they had card games, bingo, various exercises, scrabble, and things like that. The food was getting better. I was unhappy with it for a while. However, I would recommend the place.
Harold15 August 27, 2014
I visited this facility
I visited the Village. The tour was excellent. It's a beautiful location. I really enjoyed it and the activities and the facilities were excellent. They have a large deck that looks out over the lake and they have cookouts out on the deck. They have several buildings. I visited the chalet and there were a couple of other buildings on the premises. The outside area is very attractive. The chalet building that I toured with the outside deck where they have the cookouts is incredible.
They have music attractions, such as people who come in and play the piano. They have some bands that come in occasionally, too. My son lives close by, but he has a boat on that lake and they have a pontoon that takes them on tours of the lake. It's a beautiful area. The place is very clean and updated. There are many rooms for activities outside your individual area and the help there is very courteous.
They had kitchenettes and a bathroom in each room. Some have a larger kitchen area in their rooms, but they have some with separate bedrooms and some that are studio apartments. The tour director had lunch with me and a couple of people came by. It was very nice and the serving people were also very, very nice. They gave you a choice of the meal and then the choice of dessert. It was very good. The dining area was like a regular restaurant with tables that look out over the deck and the water. It was very spacious.
Caring92291250 August 25, 2014
I am a friend or relative of a resident
My mother moved to the Village last June. The place was convenientl the prices were good; and the staff was very helpful. The facility was spotless. The surrounding area was very scenic. She has a studio apartment and it’s nice. She has a kitchenette and a private bathroom. There were several choices in terms of food and the dining facilities were restaurant style.
Peachy2 June 13, 2013
I visited this facility
I liked what I saw, when they showed me around The Village at Waterman Lake. The building was like a big hotel with studio type apartments. The food was excellent and the people I met there were very nice.
Helen 1 October 17, 2012
I visited this facility
They have a very nice facility. It was pretty much on a lake, so some of the rooms I looked at were looking out on to the lake. So it would be nice for my mom. The rooms were great, couple of different sizes. There's a nice dining room if you want to have a party. What I like about The Village at Waterman was they have a doctor right on site, so if they need a doctor they don't have to leave the area. The place was very nice and clean. The night I went there they were having a concert for the people who live there. Honestly, there's not a whole lot that sets it apart from every other one. They're all beautiful.
From The Village at Waterman Lake
Welcome to The Village at Waterman Lake
Catered Retirement Living
The Village at Waterman Lake is a catered retirement community in northern Rhode Island with resort-style amenities and a full range of lifestyle options to suit every need.
Southern New England's leading provider of catered retirement living, catered assisted living, the region's most innovative Alzheimer's care and skilled nursing*, The Village at Waterman Lake has earned a reputation for excellence that is second to none. Family owned and operated, The Village offers the perfect blend of hospitality and first-class health services for those who need them.
We offer a tremendous variety of services and amenities on our 33- acre wooded campus: breakfast, lunch, and dinner served in our elegant dining rooms, housekeeping and linen service, chauffeured transportation, well-stocked libraries, pub, putting green, and much, much more, all included in our month-to-month rental rates. For the convenience of residents, outpatient rehabilitation and physician services are available on site. Competitively priced, and conveniently located off Route 295, The Village at Waterman Lake remains Rhode Island's Premier Choice for catered retirement and assisted living.
(*Skilled nursing available to Village residents only)
Catered Assisted and Retirement Living Services include:
- Medication monitoring and administration
- Individual service planning
- On-site primary care physician
- Visiting podiatrist
- Social worker
- Personal support services depending on the individual needs of the resident; may include help with dressing, help with bathing, or escort services
- Wellness programs
- Facilitated pharmaceutical ordering/delivery
- Cooperative rehabilitation services such as physical, speech and occupational therapy
- Cooperative laboratory services
Catered Alzheimer’s Living Services Includes:
- Alzheimer's care specialist
- Open, airy, light-filled residence and gardens
- Charming suites designed to accommodate personal furniture and memorabilia
- Personalized service plan (i.e. help with dressing, bathing etc.)
- Awareness of dietary needs
- Therapeutic interventions
- Sensory stimulation
- Relaxation exercises
- Low-exertion aerobics
- Counseling services
- Frequent and engaging excursions
- Continuous activity schedule
- Caring and Sharing gatherings for family members
- Psychological Consulting provided by Med Options along with Dr. Andrew Rosenzweig
Keep in mind that you can sample catered retirement living with a mini-retreat in a private, comfortable, furnished apartment, perfect for older adults who are considering senior living and want to try it out. Or, be our guest when you're recovering from surgery or an illness and want to transition home from the hospital. All our guests enjoy the same great amenities as our full-time residents, including:
- Homemade breakfast, lunch, and dinner served in our elegant dining rooms, many with sweeping views of Waterman Lake
- Transportation available by private car on an individual basis or private coach for group excursions and to doctor's visits
- Weekly housekeeping and linen service
- Use of all common rooms and amenities
- Resident computer with internet access
- New Resident Teas
- Daily Villager distributed each morning with list of what's going on that day and where
- Food Advisory Board meetings where residents can voice their opinions on the dining service
- Resident/Director Meetings where residents may share thoughts/suggestions with The Village Administrator
- Full Activities Calendar including a broad range of trips and indoor functions including but not limited to the following
Activities and Programs:
- Boat rides on Waterman Lake (three times a week in warmer weather)
- Shopping trips and errands day
- Theatre outings and other cultural excursions
- Day trips to exciting area attractions (i.e. the Bay Queen, Newport, the Casino, the Berkshires, local eateries and so much more)
- Workshops and seminars
- Guest performances from visiting performing artists and musicians
- Art therapy sessions and Aromatherapy
- Tai Chi classes
- Billiards, bocce, putting and croquet
- Pub parties and socials
- Seasonal parties
- Bridge night
- Book club and poetry readings
- Monthly Theme lunches... and so much more
The Village at Waterman Lake has 3 residential buildings: The Courtyard, The Lodge and The Chalet.
Studio Apartments, 1 Bedroom Apartments, 1 Bedroom Apartments with Patios and
2 Bedroom Apartments
- One Bedroom Apartment with Patio — Unit Type C - 599 sq. ft.
- One Bedroom Apartment — Unit Type B - 509 sq. ft.
- Studio Apartment — Unit Type A - 465 sq. ft.
- Two Bedroom Apartment — Unit Type D - 887 sq. ft.
- Studio Apartment — Unit Type E - 288 sq. ft.
- Studio Apartment — Unit Type F - 366 sq. ft.
Studio Apartments, 1 Bedroom Apartments, 1 Bedroom Apartments with Patios and 2 Bedroom Apartments
Please call for a Personalized Tour! The Village at Waterman Lake is a retirement community located in Greenville, RI that offers Catered Retirement Living, Assisted Living, Skilled Nursing, and the region's most innovative Alzheimer's residence.
What Makes Us Special
We’re family owned for 25 years, dedicated team many of whom have been here for decades, located on a beautiful setting overlooking the lake.
Features of The Village at Waterman Lake
Room and housing options
- 1-bedroom apartments
- 2-bedroom apartments
- Studio apartments
- Beauty/Barber shop
- Computer room
- Parking for residents
- Arts, woodworking, craft
- Guests can stay overnight
- Laundry service for clothes
- We charge an entry fee
- Fee structure extra: We have a one-time community fee of $2750
- Minimum rate: $2,340/month
- Pets: Small pets allowed
- We offer respite care (short term stays)
Location of The Village at Waterman Lake
Get Cost Information
Get full access to reviews, cost information, and amenities