Smoky Springs

940 S Enota Dr NE, Gainesville, GA, 30501

Reviews of Smoky Springs

Visitor26 December 17, 2015

Smoky Springs was very nice, very clean, and well kept up. There were quite a few activities. They had a pool table, a library, and the one thing I enjoyed was the piano playing down there. They also had a weight room/workout room.

Ellen113506150 October 11, 2015

The person in charge at Smokey Springs was most gracious and even invited my friend and I for a guest luncheon.
After all was said and done my friend and I were very well informed about the facility, its amenities and costs per month, and found the cost per month for either of us was more than we could afford, therefore, we have stopped looking into Assisted Living as an option! Thank you for giving us a tour of the facility, we appreciate all your help and concern for our well-being in this matter. Sincerely, Ellen Glicini

Caring112740950 September 29, 2015

Smoky Springs is fine. It was convenient; it was in town, near doctors and health centers. The staff was fine; they reach out to us. The facility was nice and well kept, and they have a lot of activities going on, but they didn’t have anything available in his price range.

Candace10 September 07, 2015

Smoky Springs was convenient to where I live and probably the most affordable for my mother-in-law's budget. It had everything that we were looking for. It's also located very close to one of the best hospitals in Georgia and lots of doctor's offices. It just worked out really well. The staff is very good; I don't have any issues with them. The food is very good too.

anonymous100282850 January 13, 2015

My dad is in Smoky Springs, and it is a nice place. It is very vibrant and joyful. They have plenty of activities. They provide food, and the place is clean. The staff is wonderful, and I couldn’t be any happier.

Caring102744450 December 09, 2014

I'm living here at Smoky Springs. The accommodations and landscaping are beautiful. It is very pretty. The staff is very good. However, one chef had just left, and they hired another one, which I don't think is working out too well. I do have a nice apartment here, but I'm a little concerned about some of the safety measures they have.

Thank you so very, very much for your feedback. We take safety very seriously at Holiday and want to learn more about how we can approve. Would you mind sharing more details with us? Please call our Resident Relations line at 1-800-370-8331 at your earliest convenience. Thanks again. Feedback from our residents and associates is what makes us better.

Felix2 November 30, 2014

I’m in Smoky Springs right now. The staff is fantastic. They are very attentive to your needs. They bend over backwards to help you out in any way that they can. They look out for you. Meals are served 3 times a day. It’s impeccable, immaculate, and kept very well, and it’s nice and clean. They’re getting ready to change out all the carpets throughout the entire facility. It’s a very nice place to live.

They do have assisted living that you have to pay extra for, but if you’re looking for an independent-living type of situation, it’s perfect for that. They have numerous outings throughout the day and throughout the week so they keep you pretty busy. They have a barber shop and a beauty shop. They have a chapel. They have transportation to doctor’s appointments and runs to Wal-Mart.

Mabel1 June 30, 2014

I like the studio in Smoky Springs, and I'm waiting for a vacancy. It is beautiful. The room is big with a kitchenette, a bath, and a shower. The staff is very accommodating.

Caring68651850 May 29, 2014

Smoky Springs is a great place. Mother stayed there. They had a laundry room that she could use. It was a very nice room. It was clean and neat. 2-bedroom, 2-bath apartment. My memory is that the dining room was great. Service was good. I would recommend Smoky Springs to anyone.

Carolyn43 April 11, 2014

I did take her to see Smoky Springs. It's quite nice, but she lives in Texas. She has lived there all of her life, and she doesn't want to move. I thought the cost was very reasonable, and the amenities were really quite nice. I liked it because it was across from my house and it was very warm and small. She's shy, but I think they would really work to help her get integrated into the lifestyle there. They did have us for lunch, and the food was quite good. They had exercise class, book clubs, and movie night. One thing, they allow you to have a pet there, which is very nice. Every room had a little balcony, so she could have flowers outside.

Caring80050850 February 28, 2014

Smoky Springs would have been my first choice for my father, but it wasn't my decision to make. It didn't have a swimming pool and all, but it was more of what I feel he needed. Our tour director was very accommodating, but kind of pushy. He kept calling. And that is actually what turned my dad off.

The food was awesome. It was just lunch, but it was incredible. I like the fact that they have round the clock people. In case they need something, they have call buttons in their room. It's much more accommodating for people who are handicapped or will become handicapped. I also like that you don't have to move out when you get to where you need more assistance. It could have a little bit more of a kitchen area, and washer and dryers in the apartment. I guarantee more people would choose it, because everything else is awesome.

They have a lot of activities. They will take them to doctor's appointments and they would take them where they need to go. It was all inclusive. There are more amenities, too. They change your bed for you and they provide the linens. That's awesome. The person that interviewed us and took us around seemed very sincere. If I have to be put in a place like that, I'm choosing Smoky Springs.

Caring70584250 September 23, 2013

Smoky Springs is a very nice facility but it is a little too pricey for us. It offers both independent and assisted living. Their staff was very friendly and very helpful during our visit. Their rooms were nice. Their dining room looked okay. I think they have a pool room and a fitness center. I would recommend this place.

Ski hog August 10, 2013

no ratings...do not move in..current management horrible. So much stress to move in, pay a lot of money in hopes that you have found a wonderful place to live to discover you have to stress on having to find another home as the living conditions are deplorable.

Xenna March 23, 2012

I went to this facility with my parents to see what kind of place it was. Upon ariving the grounds and outsides of the building were very clean. When stepping inside the front desk attendent greeted us and was very friendly. We were shown around. The entire building was very clean and smelled fresh. All of the staff that I met were very nice and friendly faces. The residents that lived there seemed very happy. The dining area had a beautiful fireplace and the tables were all set. The selection of food that a resident could choose from the menu was wonderful. There is a covered back porch with rocking chairs on the back side of the building. There is a shuffle board area where the residents can play. The rooms are very roomy and in great shape. There is also a bus that takes the residents on shopping trips and other type of trips. I think this is wonderful because it lets people still be able to get out. Over all this place seems to be a very postive and clean living enviroment. There are many activities for people to engage in. The staff was able to answer any questions that I had and were very patient with me. They talked with me until I was finished. I felt no rush. Wonderful place.

GreenMan11 January 07, 2012

Smoky Springs provides a pleasant, warm atmosphere for senior living in Gainesville, GA. Because of its moderately small size, Smoky Springs gives the feel of a quiet apartment building and is recessed from the main road which helps some with privacy. Inside, the buildings are all fairly new, well furnished, and very clean, giving the impression this would be an enjoyable place to stay. Meal times are usually fun and social, with everyone dining at the same time in the same room. Overall the food is not anything to write home about, but the staff works to make things as fun and exciting as possible, and the desserts are always good! Although evening meals can sometimes be bland, there are regular activities such as exercise and karaoke, which are not only fun but give the residents opportunity to spend time together. The one thing I would add to Smoky Springs, would be more areas outdoors for residents to enjoy. Because of its location there could easily be some small park-like areas with benches and paths directly around the buildings for walking, allowing residents to enjoy the fresh air and exercise. Overall I would rate Smoky Springs as a very pleasant place and think its location in the city of Gainesville would make it a very comfortable place to call home.

GuiCyber June 30, 2011

After my husband died, I went out searching for a retirement home to live in since I didn't want to live alone. I went out searching through quite a few and found this place. The workers, and the people staying there were friendly. The place had an excellent library, and an even better church. They also had lots of stuff for us to do in our free time. There were an art room, and pool tables, and every Friday night they put on a special show for everyone to watch. Although I didn't move here in the end I would of if I didn't go to another retirement home.

From Smoky Springs

Smoky Springs is located in Gainesville, GA, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to Smoky Springs for a visit...and stay!

Features of Smoky Springs

• Hiking trails

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Dining extra: Private dining room