The Atrium at Gainesville

2431 NW 41st St, Gainesville, FL, 32606

Reviews of The Atrium at Gainesville

December 28, 2016

By Carole080476

I liked the Atrium at Gainesville. The staff was wonderful, very caring, and very professional. It was a great location to get to and from. The community was very nice, and the food was great. For the age group that they were dealing with, the activities were adequate. There didn’t seem to be any actual physical activities other than the swimming pool, so there might be some needs for some additional physical activities.

October 27, 2016

By Thomas416561

The Atrium at Gainesville was very nice and very clean. I had lunch; the food was very good. The dining area was very nice, and the staff was very friendly. The apartments were nice, but they were a little small.

October 13, 2016

By Randy321747

We visited The Atrium at Gainesville, and it was very nice. It was great. The staff was very friendly, the rooms were nice, and it was reasonable, but the only thing is, all of Mom’s doctors are in Jacksonville, so she would have to change all her physicians to go to Gainesville. I really don’t want to do that. Nevertheless, I told my sister I wouldn’t mind living there. They had lot of activities going on while we were there, and they even invited us for lunch. The cafeteria was nice, the room was very nice, and they had elevators. It was like a condominium-type thing. The Atrium at Gainesville was very nice.

September 06, 2016

By Jack843501

Atrium at Gainesville was okay and average. The person there from marketing showed us around, and everything went smoothly. The pricing was reasonable. The rooms were adequate. This place is well worth a look.

September 03, 2016

By David603520

We're at the Atrium at Gainesville, and we moved in last March. We have a two-bedroom unit with two bathrooms, huge walk-in closets, and a walk-in shower. Cable, phone service, electricity, and water are provided. We get three meals a day, and the food is pretty good. The chef is Puerto Rican, so you have to acquire a taste for a lot of pork and chicken. There are very few red meat items. They could improve on having a more diversified menu. There is an exercise room and a huge library. They have an activities board; you couldn't do all the activities in a month if you tried.

August 17, 2016

By Tri053566

Atrium is excellent. I didn't have complaints at all. The rooms were very roomy and included a bathroom. The salesperson was very nice. They had the best value compared to other facilities. The location was good and very convenient.

February 26, 2016

By William120927750

My brother is happy with Atrium, it’s clean, and the staff is good. The food is good and my brother liked it.

February 24, 2016

By Connie120280850

The last place we visited was The Atrium at Gainesville, which is where my mother-in-law would stay for three months. They were the least expensive and willing to let her try to stay there for three months. They supply three meals a day. It’s a very clean place, but I think it was built back in the '80s, so it was kind of dated. The apartments were of a nice size, but the kitchens were old.

January 31, 2016

By Lee32

I visited Atrium and I thought it was really nice. The rooms were small, nice and comfortable. They had a little kitchenette. They had and exercise room. They had a day room where they played cards, a pool room and nice dining room.

January 13, 2016

By Darlene34

I had a friend who lived at The Atrium for a couple of years. It was a nice community with a lot of people. The staff seemed to be very caring. I didn’t spend extended time there, but I appreciated the fact that they tried to find interesting things for the residents to do and think about. My friend was in a small, private room that seemed to have all that she needed at the time. Overall, she found everyone there friendly, and she liked it while she was there.

December 30, 2015

By Manny2

We were impressed with the activities and the nice facilities at the Atrium of Gainesville. They have outside activities; they take you on a bus, and they take you to see different places. Everybody was very friendly.

September 15, 2015

By Missy B1

I visited The Atrium at Gainesville. It was absolutely gorgeous. The complex itself was beautiful. There was a little shopping there of toiletries and food. They had everything you could possibly need without leaving the grounds. I did have lunch there, and the food was delicious. The place was really great, but I did not choose it. For me, the unit was smaller. It was a one-bedroom, one-bath. You don't have a washer/dryer inside the unit.

August 27, 2015

By Mary112305850

We went to The Atrium at Gainesville ,and the place was very nice. The rooms were very nice, but it wasn’t for us. I would call it a retirement community more than an assisted living facility. The dining area was nice, but it was small. It just didn’t have a homey and comfortable feeling to it. They didn’t have the facilities that I had wanted for my husband; he has Alzheimer's.

July 13, 2015

My mom is at Atrium at Gainesville. We chose this place because it gave her more independence as she wanted that. They cook excellent meals. The apartments were very nice. They have call bells if anything happens. They have a plethora of activities. They have a swimming pool, and they do aquatic activities. They have entertainment. They also have buses, and they go to the malls in the area.

September 23, 2014

By Brenda46

We did find and put a deposit down in the Atrium today. My sister is not getting it until October 1st. It was affordable, and it looked nice. She's going to have a large studio apartment. The staff was nice and gave us all the information we needed. Meals are included. The food is very good. I like the location.

January 28, 2014

I was able to visit Atrium of Gainesville when I was looking for an assisted living facility for my mom. It's a nice facility and there was nothing I didn’t like about them. Their rooms are of nice size. The staff were really knowledgeable with regards to the facility. I am not really familiar with the names of the activities, but they do have several activities that is on their board that you can choose from.

August 26, 2013

By Robin13

My parents chose this place so we went there. The staff, food and rooms were fine. They're friendly. It was an open environment out in the common area. It was very nice and they have larger rooms available. My parents were very pleased with it. It's a pleasant place.

July 30, 2013

By Kristen7

My mother-in-law is really happy at Atrium Gainesville. We were surprised because of course nobody wants to move. She has a 1-bedroom apartment. She just needed having somebody cook her meals and knowing that somebody was around 24-hours a day in case she fell. But other than that, she doesn't need any assistance. It's really nice. If you don't want what's being served, there's enough variety from the menus, so you're not getting the same thing every day. However, their swimming pool is not really clean and their hot tub is so nasty. They use the swimming pool for exercise class. It should be cleaner. But that's the only thing. I've been really happy with it, so is my mother-in-law. We were concerned about her because she slowed down physically. But the physical therapy there is wonderful and that really improved her stamina.

Photos of The Atrium at Gainesville

Features of The Atrium at Gainesville

• Dining Extra: Private Dining Room

• Hiking Trails

About The Atrium at Gainesville

The Atrium at Gainesville is located in Gainesville, FL, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to The Atrium at Gainesville for a visit...and stay!

Map of The Atrium at Gainesville