The Worthington

1201 Riva Ridge Ct, Gahanna, OH, 43230

Reviews of The Worthington

James120271950 February 15, 2016

The Worthington was very nice. It was managed well. We were shown four different styles of rooms. There was a small studio, a standard studio, a one-bedroom, and a two-bedroom. They have a salon for both men and women. We had a meal and it was great.

Bobbi12 January 31, 2016

The Worthington seemed very nice, and clean. The studio apartment was small, but other than that, it looked like it would be a nice place to stay. The gentleman that helped me was very helpful. He explained some things I could do.

Debra117124250 December 11, 2015

The Worthington was very clean and a lower price than other places. It seemed like the people really cared. The apartments were fine and small but new and clean. The staff was kind and helpful.

Vivianne2 November 30, 2015

The Worthington was excellent. If I had to rank them from 1 to 5, with 5 being the highest, they would be nothing but 5. The rooms were exceptional. I did not see many activities going on, because it was during lunchtime. The dining room was clean. Everybody was sitting and anticipating lunch.

anonymous116243750 November 29, 2015

The Worthington is a very nice place. The business development guy there gave us a great tour and has continued to be very helpful and periodically sends emails. The staff seemed very friendly.

Anonymous42443350 November 07, 2015

We visited The Worthington. The staff was really nice. I liked the rooms which were a pretty good size. We had lunch, and the food was good. The staff members that gave us the tour were knowledgeable, courteous, and helpful in answering our questions. They had activities like cards and games.

Burt P. October 29, 2015

I visited currently The Worthington in Ohio. It was a very nice place. You can have a car and pets, which is unusual. The rooms were excellent. They have activities where you can play games. The staff was very nice. If I wanted a place, I would live there.

Caring111005150 July 13, 2015

My father was in Worthington for three months. I wasn?t happy; they said they could provide helper aides to give meds, and that completely fell through. A lot of people weren?t too happy about their meals, and they ran out of food several times. They gave you a menu of two things you can choose from. A maid was supposed to come once a week, but she didn?t come until the second month. I think in general they really did care, and the staff was nice.

Hi - I'm Katie, I work at Holiday Retirement Home Office. I'm so sorry to hear that your father had a negative experience at the Worthington. I'm especially shocked to hear that the community ran out of food - that's not ok. I sent your feedback to our Resident Relations team for their review and investigation. If you have anything else to add, you're welcome to call them as well. Their number is 1-800-370-8331. Thank you again for your review and please know that this is not the Holiday standard. Thanks, Katie

Bill107906250 March 19, 2015

The Worthington is beautiful. The people who work there all seem very friendly and very accommodating, although their dining room and their food are terrible.

The rooms are nice, and the facility is clean. The people are nice and professional. They have bingo and an exercise room, and live entertainment comes in every week. They have shuttle buses to the grocery stores and to doctors' appointments. It is extremely convenient for me because it is just down the street.

The biggest complaint from my mother and all the other seniors that I talked to is the food. They need to improve on their food. The portions are extremely small. If they could fix the food, it would be a great place.

Hi, I'm Katie, I work at Holiday Retirement's corporate office. Thank you for leaving a sincere review. Your feedback gives us very clear direction for improvement, and we appreciate that. As you may know, we recently hired a new director of food services who is hard at work improving our program. I've passed your feedback on to our Resident Relations department so it gets officially documented. Thanks again,

Jean97431750 January 13, 2015

I thought the Worthington was lovely. It was a very well-kept facility. The staff was very nice and warm. We were invited to lunch there, and the food was very good.

Caring100193950 January 06, 2015

The tour we had at The Worthington was very good. The food was good. I liked all the activities they offered. They have bingo and religious services on Sunday. They showed us a couple of different rooms. One of them seemed to really meet my needs at the time. The grounds are well kept. But we decided not to go. I already felt better, and I think I can handle my own home.

Ray14 April 25, 2014

Worthington is very good. Mom was there around seven years. She's one of the original tenants. They went through quite a few management teams. I still think they maintain a good quality service. The staff is good. Mom had basically the same studio apartment. It served its needs. They have entertainment, and they also take them to different places. One time they went to Wheeling, West Virginia for the casino. They take them shopping and to movies occasionally. They'll have that scheduled for a certain time of the week, along with taking them to doctor appointments. It was very close, just two doors down the street from our school. So it is very convenient for me, and the first-aid squad is right around the corner, so if something should happen, I know she's been taken care of.

Caring75256250 January 31, 2014

My mother has been in The Worthington since October. My first impression of it was that it was very clean and neat. Also we thought that this facility would work out well for my mother. It's close to where we live. It's very new. Everything is very nice. My mother has a one-bedroom unit and it's just fine for her. The dining room is very nice; it looks like a restaurant. Also the food is very good. The staff's work ethic seems to be very good. They have a calendar of free events. For activities, there's cards, bingo, games, etc. They have church services and they have people come in and sing and do different things. They have a bus that takes people onto the community for appointments or shopping.

Caring76466650 January 31, 2014

It was my sister who picked The Worthington for mom. She liked it because they had extra help that my mom needed. It's a very nice facility. There wasn’t anything that we didn’t like about it. The staff are very helpful and very polite. They are also kind and when mom is in need of things they are willing to help her out. Their rooms are very nice. Most of the rooms have the view of the outside so that's very nice too. I have eaten there and they have different menu choices and the food is very good. They have a very large and open dining room with a piano in it wherein they also have entertainment in there. It has enough tables were the residents can socialize with others. They have an exercise room, a library which is very nice, and they also have different places outside where you can gather and just relax and enjoy the outdoors.

Bob36 August 29, 2013

I'm looking for an independent living facility and I visited The Worthington. I enjoyed my visit there very much. I liked this one. The environment was very nice and pleasant. The vibe that I got from this visit was the feeling that this is going to be cool place to live. It was kind of like I'm going on a cruise. The rooms seemed to be all one-bedroom apartments. I also had lunch in this facility and it was a nice meal. The staff was nice. I got a lot of literature from them about their activities and they all seemed very nice.

Lizzy143 July 31, 2013

I have chosen The Worthington for myself. I would probably be moving in this facility not until next year. I like the place because it is very open and airy. They do have apartments with terraces, but unfortunately they overlook the parking lot. They did not have a full kitchen in their apartments, which was disappointing. I would like that available to me even though I probably would not use it. However, you don't need to cook for yourself when you live here because it offers three meals a day. I also did try eating there and the food was very good. They were served restaurant-style. There is also a wide choice of food in their menu. The residents there were very friendly. They also have a schedule full of activities. They have trips to various places that the residents had chosen, like movies and places like the zoo. They offer transportation services free of charge. What I like about this facility is that if I needed assisted living, I don't need to move to another facility.

Caring2786 July 24, 2013

The Worthington is a nice, clean facility and my parents are comfortable there.They have a one-bedroom apartment which is very small with a refrigerator, a sink and a microwave. They do not care for the food. It's an active environment with a lot things and outdoor actvities if you choose to go. They could improve on the food.

James32 June 07, 2013

I visited The Worthington and I chose it because I knew about them. The facility was just what I needed. And if I moved in, I got a special deal with them. They dropped the price to the small bedroom that I wanted to have.

Concerned about mother June 02, 2013

The facility is going downhill. While meals are improving in quality, it takes forever to get served. Staff changes regularly, possibly because the housekeepers are expected to be waitresses between their housekeeping duties. The private dining room is no longer available, despite its being an amenity provided two plus years ago when my mother moved in. Overall, management is mediocre, though the facility is nice and in a safe place. Please be sure to talk to current residents before placing a loved one here. I am currently shopping for another facility for my mother.

From The Worthington

The Worthington is located in Gahanna, OH, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to The Worthington for a visit...and stay!

Features of The Worthington

• Hiking trails

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Dining extra: Private dining room