Village on the Park - Friendswood

400 East Parkwood, Friendswood, TX, 77546

Contact Now

Reviews of Village on the Park - Friendswood

Caring96070950 November 22, 2014

Village on the Park is about 5 minutes from my house. The staff is very good. It is an independent living facility, but they do have a dining room and people that work there. They also have the front desk people and a social director, and they are all very good. They just remodeled the dining room, and it is very nice. They have waiters who bring the food to your table. As far as the apartment, it is a little small, and my mother lives in a 2,500-square foot home, so this 600-squre feet space seems small but it is adequate. They have activities like bingo, trips, entertainers, ice cream socials, and parties. I think they can improve on communication. Because it is an independent living place, it is not as secure as some places, but my mother is OK because she's not wandering around. They do have someone at the front desk 24 hours a day. So, that works out OK.

Kris6 September 16, 2014

My grandmother moved in at Village on the Park in March. My mother chose it because she was starting to come down with Alzheimer's. They have a game room and a salon, where you can get your hair done. They have movies. They have three meals a day but you can also have food inside your own apartment. The dining room is nice. My grandmother has a one-bedroom-one-bathroom. It has a little kitchen area, a living room, and a bedroom with a full bathroom. The staff is very nice. Apparently, my mom's relationship with the caretakers who are around is really good because with any problems, they will call her and communicate well with her and let her know what's going on. Overall, Village on the Park is a really nice community. If my mother would have to live there, I would put her there. Also my grandmother has a couple of friends there. The ones she grew up with just so happen to be there too, so she is not alone.

Caring600 January 24, 2014

My dad has been there for three years now. It seemed to be what he needed. They have a dining room and apartment. He has a kitchen but he just chooses to go to the dining room. He complained a little bit about the food but other than that he’s happy there. They just need to improve on the food because it’s not all that great. If they hire different people it might get better.

Carol70114650 September 19, 2013

We were invited to have lunch and tour at the Village on the Park. The staff was very nice and pleasant and the food was delicious. I think they have a chef there. It's a large facility and it has skilled nursing, assisted living together with independent living. The independent living that I did see was basically a bedroom and a bathroom. That is not what I was looking for and it was not appealing to me.

watson2007 October 13, 2012

Village on the Park is a wonderful facilty. The staff is welcoming and loving. They provide transportation to church, dr's visits, ect in limos. The facility provides all kinds of activities for their residents. The food in the cafeteria is very good and they even have servers to wait on the residents. I was very impressed with the facility with 2 family memebers spending their final days enjoying living there.

From Village on the Park - Friendswood

Here, family, friends, and neighbors come together to enjoy the best years of their lives. Our caring atmosphere, quality amenities, and healthy home-style meals enable older adults to be happier and healthier than they would be living alone.

We like to say that “the fun never sets” in our community. From regular physical activity and games, to a wide range of social activities and excursions, there is always something fun to do. We create an energetic, positive environment for having fun, making memories, and continuing to stretch your mind and body.

Features of Village on the Park - Friendswood