Fig Garden

6035 N Marks Ave, Fresno, CA, 93711

Reviews of Fig Garden

Irene31 January 13, 2016

We chose Fig Garden for mom because it gave me a very pleasant feeling. We will be moving her in there. It has a very positive environment and everything was extremely clean. I felt this place would be the most appropriate for my mother's personality. I saw that the people were playing games and being very active and sociable. Everybody looked involved and very alive, which were real factors of why we chose the place for her.

kate2012 November 30, 2015

My mom is at Fig Garden. The cost is extremely reasonable for what you get, so I’m really glad. They have a lot of support, so I’m really happy about that. The apartment is the lowest priced one and really beautiful. The food get mixed responses; I had one meal and thought it was good, but my sister-in-law thought it was horrible, though she is a picky eater. For social recreation, the calendar is really full and lively. It is a great calendar.

anonymous115307250 October 31, 2015

Fig Garden was a little cheaper than other places I visited. They didn’t meet my criteria, though. The food was better, and I liked it very much. The rooms were very roomy. I saw the two-bedroom and went out to a grassy knoll, which was really nice. I liked it very much.

anonymous lady1 October 23, 2015

Fig Garden was really nice. I was seriously thinking of going there, but they didn’t have kitchen facilities, and I like to cook once in a while. The food was very good.

Caring112547950 August 31, 2015

Fig Garden was nice. It was clean. It was an older facility. The staff was really nice. The dining area was nice. We had lunch there, and the food was good.

Kym2 August 31, 2015

I visited Fig Garden. They were excellent. It was a beautiful facility. I would recommend it but for more of a retirement community. Overall, it was nice.

Retired 3rd grade teacher July 15, 2015

Fig Garden was a beautiful, well-appointed, nice place with a friendly staff. I love the place, but again, it is almost as expensive as the one in Clovis since they are more elite, so they are a little higher. It is also multi-story. Most of them are much older than I am. It looks like people wait until they are in their late 80's to move into a place like this. I am in my mid 60's, and I realized I would not have any companions my age, which would be kind of a deterrent. My mother is 85, but I couldn't just bring my mother there because she is going to require services they could not provide, so I could not move her in there with me. I thought of putting our budgets together, and maybe the two of us together could afford an apartment, but I am not physically able to take care of my 85-year old mother because I have health issues as well. They would not have any way of helping me to care for her.

Caring108546050 June 09, 2015

If you went there at Fig Garden and saw what I saw, you'll probably be very disappointed in what they are trying to do with senior citizens. They had a representative that met me, and we were up there looking in a room that basically what I would refer to as a box. You would have to go and experience for yourself to understand exactly what I am saying. I would not put a person in a facility. The downstairs was completely fine as far as the eating arrangement. They wouldn't show us another room because it was dirty or something along those aspects. It was more along the lines I felt we were being rushed to sit down and sign a contract as fast as we can. I looked into several senior places within the community of Fresno, and all seem like the people want to sit you down and sign the contract within ten minutes. When you start talking about 3500 to 4000 dollars a month, you would think that is more than a house payment. If you multiply that by 12 months and multiply it by 5 years, you are looking at a chunk of change. I'm just not happy with them. I'm not happy with the customer service that they provide. I think they call and bug you too much. Would you put your mother and father in a 600 foot bedroom to live in? That is exactly what they showed.

Hi, I'm Katie, I work at Holiday Retirement's Home Office. I'm so very sorry to hear you had a negative tour experience. Although I do stand behind the value of the Holiday lifestyle, I agree that no one should feel pressured to sign a lease agreement, and that pushy sales tactics are by no means welcoming to our guests. I've sent your review onto our Resident Relations department for their investigation. If you have anything else to add, or would like to speak to them personally, you're welcome to call 1-800-370-8331. Thank you for bringing this to my attention, Katie

Teri5 January 29, 2015

All I had was a first impression of Fig Garden -- just being in there and speaking to the people. They didn’t take me on a tour or anything like that. I didn't feel very welcome there.

Hi, I'm Katie, I work at Holiday Retirement Home Office in Oregon. Thank you for leaving your sincere review. We most certainly want guests in any of our communities to feel welcome. Feel free to call Resident Relations at 1-800-370-8331 to discuss your experience and suggest any specific things we can do to improve.

Caring103434250 December 26, 2014

My room at Fig Garden is fine. The food is OK, and the staff is all right. They have dominoes, bingo, and cards.

janyne1284 August 27, 2014

My mom is in Fig Garden. The neighborhood and the grounds are fine, but it’s very expensive. She has her own studio apartment with a kitchen and a small refrigerator. Three meals a day were covered. They have a lot of activities, but she doesn’t do a lot as she has trouble with mobility. It’s a very clean and attractive facility when you walk in. The staff was well-mannered as they don’t really yell with the people at all. They have better safety features in Fig Garden. They have a bell that you push and I’ve gotten my mother a Lifeline that she wears around her neck.

Caring32031 June 26, 2014

I am in the Fig Garden now, and it is really good. The staff is very helpful. The food is pretty good. They've got a chef here and everything. It helps me to keep my diabetes under control, and I get three squares a day and all of that cooked. That is probably the biggest advantage for me. I am pretty happy with it.

Caring80816750 March 31, 2014

Fig Garden was a very nice place, very clean. Everyone was very helpful. The staff was very nice, very courteous, and very informative. The dining room was very nice, very well-organized. It would come highly recommended from us.

Anonymous69361050 September 20, 2013

I went to the Fig Garden and I had a very nice visit there. I was very impressed with this facility. Actually I just like the whole feeling of this place. The sales person who gave me a tour was very pleasant. We had a nice long talk about it. The tour was really wonderful. I have callbacks and I get little notes from them, so I won't forget about them. The staff accommodates me very nicely. I like the fact that there are different sizes of apartments because I'm probably going to want one of the bigger ones. The only thing I would change if I have a choice in the matter is that the kitchen be a little bit more complete.

From Fig Garden

Fig Garden is located in Fresno, CA, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to Fig Garden for a visit...and stay!

Fig Garden was awarded the 2013 SeniorAdvisor Excellence Award which is given to communities that consistently receive high ratings from residents, families, and visitors.

Features of Fig Garden

• Internet in residents' rooms
  • Technology extra: Emergency Call System

• Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library, Fitness room/Gym, 24 hour on call managers that live on site

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Dining extra: Meal Pick up

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition

• Private services

• Minimum age: 55

• Monthly rent is all inclusive
  • Fee structure extra: We offer a month-to-month rental

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of Fig Garden