The Meridian at Westwood | INDEPENDENT LIVING

1001 Mar Walt Dr, Fort Walton Beach, FL, 32547

Reviews of The Meridian at Westwood | INDEPENDENT LIVING

Carol162841 June 10, 2016

The tour at The Meridian was nice, but it should be coordinated. They invited us for lunch, and we went there, but the tour guide indicated that they were finishing lunch and didn’t even invite us or mention lunch. I thought the place was really good, and it would be the place I would choose when I’m ready to choose a place. It was nicely setup, had a variety of things for people to do, and had friendly people. The rooms appeared to be fine; we saw one fixed up for the next people, and it was of decent size.

Carol, thank you for leaving this detailed feedback about your experience with our community. We apologize for the miscommunication and would like to formally invite you back at your convenience to have lunch! Thank you for positive review, and again our apologies.

Nancy160877 June 10, 2016

The Meridian at Westwood was very good, and the tour was very satisfying. The staff was very knowledgeable and seemed to be able to answer all of our questions without any problems. They had a library, a therapy room, a big area where people could eat, and a hairdresser. They had all kinds of activities listed that they could be part of as well as trips to go shopping or something like that. The lady that walked us around was more than helpful in showing us all of the social activities and recreations for the seniors. They had 24-hour staffing and always had a nurse on call.

Hi Nancy, thank you for leaving this detailed feedback about your experience with our community, The Meridian at Westwood. We appreciate the positive review and wanted to let you know that your opinion is very important to us. We always love to receive great feedback. Also, did you know we have a Facebook page and post weekly pictures of our residents and the interesting activities they are engaged in? (The link to the Facebook page is on our website). Thank you again for taking the time to leave us your positive review.

Karen120371150 February 22, 2016

Westwood Retirement was laid out well. I just liked the layout; I liked the dining room, the activities, and the ability to get transported to things outside of the unit to do shopping, little excursions, and stuff like that. They have a pool and do pool exercises, table top bowling, exercises, Bible studies, and church and religion each Sunday. They check the rooms every 24 hours and have call chains and security. They have a lot of common areas for people to sit, an atrium, and social hours on Fridays. It just seemed homey. My mother lived there for four years before she passed, and she loved it there.

Karen, our condolences on the passing of your mother. Thank you for reaching out, your opinion is very important to us. We are proud of our community and the exceptional level of care we provide. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and positive review.

Dixie8 December 22, 2015

We visited The Meridian. The staff was very pleasant. The dining room looked nice. It is more of a high-rise type than the other facility we saw. They have an outside pool and a heated pool. The atmosphere was very pleasant and very nice. The residents were very nice and friendly and seemed to be happy and pleased. They were like, "Come see our room," but we didn’t have time available to do that. The room that we were taken and shown was a display room and was very nice.

Thank you for your positive review Dixie! We appreciate it and we are very happy to see that all the residents are so happy here and willing to share their private rooms with you. We love it here too and have a variety of activities to suit many different levels of exercise abilities. With the pools so easily accessibly we are able to provide many types of water classes to help keep our residents fit and healthy. We thank you for coming in for a tour and hope that you keep us in mind when choosing a community. We would love to see you again!

Thomas117007850 December 17, 2015

The Meridian at Westwood was excellent. I wouldn’t hesitate to live there. I’m very impressed with it and the people that worked there. The room was a bedroom, a sitting area, and a small kitchen. It was nice and very clean. The facility had a library. They have regularly scheduled activities for the people that live there and shuttle service. It was a very nice place, and the people seemed very happy. They have independent living, assisted living, and sort of like a nursing home. I was looking for independent living for my brother.

Thank you for your review. We are sorry that our community does not meet your needs. We hope that you find the community that best fits your brother?s needs and that you are both happy with the community you choose. We thank you for your consideration.

Anonymous116777550 November 30, 2015

The Meridian at Westwood was awesome, but we could not afford it. It was a beautiful place. The staff was great, very friendly, interactive with people, and good. If I had the money, I would go there. It was top-notch.

Thank you for your positive review! We are very proud of our community and the level of care we provide. We have done a comprehensive study senior living having expensive, our rates are right in line with the competitors. In fact, we are a better value with more programs and options. Please feel free to reach out to us at the community at any time with any and all questions. We hope that you find the community that best fits your needs and that you are happy in the community you choose. We thank you for your consideration.

estval October 28, 2015

This is a great place to call home and i look forward to the future with all the great changes taking place!

bucktari October 28, 2015

Great facility! Walking distance to the medical center most of the doctors offices in Ft Walton. Very nice and professional staff. Great food and service. especially the Banana pudding!

Karen96836650 January 19, 2015

Meridian Westwood was awesome. I would rate it as top-notch. They have housekeeping once a week, two meals a day, activities and socials, they provide transportation, and they do outings to different restaurants. They have assigned parking for residents that can drive. They have security guards that monitors who comes and goes. The room was perfect. My mom was in a 1-bedroom, with one bath and a living room. It was lovely, and it came with a little kitchen that had a stove and refrigerator. It's very clean. They keep it updated, and they vacuum it every day.

Kent4 September 18, 2013

Westwood is larger and had more people and activities. My mom seemed happy when we visited the place so I decided to give it a try. They had very nice and caring staff. They got a lot of activities but my mother does bridge, and she works on puzzles. She also goes to physical therapy that is available on the premises.

Rebecca2828 September 14, 2013

I live at Westwood Retirement Resort. I like this community because there's always something going on. The rooms are of various sizes and even though I live in a studio apartment I have more than I need. The staff are very helpful. It's the best one I've looked at.

Clyde Cash April 18, 2012

The Westwood Retirement Resort is the only retirement resort that I have ever been to and I have been there on two separate occasions. The first time that I went was when they were hosting a coin collector convention. I went to see if I could buy anything to add to my collection and to simply spend the day viewing other people's coins. The second time that I went they were having an arts and crafts show and I went with a friend to peruse the artwork on display. I found that on both occasions the lady working the front desk was nice and helped me find my way to the show. I also found that the folks living at the Westwood Retirement Resort were very friendly and were more than willing to discuss their art work. I think that the facility was clean and also that it has a very nice location. It is right next to the medical center, hospital and many doctors offices which makes visits to the doctor simple and hassle free. I liked the interior of the building and it had a nice atrium. If I had to make a complaint I would say that I think that the atrium should have more lighting but that is getting very picky. Overall, I give this facility a 4 out of 5 stars.

From The Meridian at Westwood

At Meridian at Westwood, you will enjoy an exclusive retirement lifestyle provided in stunning settings; a lifestyle rich in services, special amenities, breathtaking beauty and endless possibilities. Our luxury community features all of the comforts and conveniences needed to live a carefree lifestyle.

We're located just five minutes from beautiful white sand beaches and the Gulf of Mexico. Only ten minutes from Eglin Air Force Base our community is situated in the neighborhood with the Fort Walton Beach Medical Center, easily accessible to many professional services, shopping centers, a municipal golf course, tennis courts, the YMCA and churches.

Whether perfecting your stroke on the atrium's putting green, taking in a game of pool with friends, enjoying an impromptu concert around the baby grand piano or just enjoying the company of friends, The Meridian at Westwood has something for everyone. Our lush atrium is the center of resident activity as well as the scene of many local community and cultural events such as art shows, flower shows, concerts and bazaars.

Features of The Meridian at Westwood