Calusa Harbour | Independent Living

2525 East First Street, Fort Myers, FL, 33901

Top nearby Independent Living Communities

Reviews of Calusa Harbour | Independent Living

Johnny7 September 30, 2014

Our visit at Calusa was lovely; they answered all our questions. We saw some nice rooms and they’re going to care for an under aged child that I’ve raised all my life because she is very handicapped. we couldn't have been more pleased. The people were interacting with each other so much that we thought we were at camp. The staff is excellent and the patients were doing their activities. making jokes, and making friends with the staff, I was just really surprised. It was like a community not a home.

Deguise July 25, 2014

Lovely good food . But a high rise how would get down if there was a fire. Only two elevators alway broken a nightmare. Everything else was nice but elevators unbearable

Caring96134250 July 19, 2014

We are in the process of moving my dad to Calusa Harbour. The rooms have a brighter feeling because they have windows. They have the restaurant-style dining, and you are able to order off the menu. At this point, it looks very nice and very clean. Everybody is very friendly.

Caring86756550 June 30, 2014

The guy gave me an excellent tour at Calusa Harbour. He was very professional and welcoming. I saw a studio and a one-bedroom apartment. I enjoyed their food, and I ate with the residents, which was a good opportunity for me. They have water aerobics, and they have a pool in the facility. However, I think the facility is a high-rise and somewhat crowded, like in the elevator.

Sherry29 May 20, 2014

My brother has moved in to Calusa Harbor. Everyone is very helpful in this community. The facility is very nice and clean. Their rooms are very roomy. There is plenty of space in each room. The food is very good. They have a beauty shop and a barber shop. They have happy hour. They also have guest speakers and a lot of other activities for the residents. We picked this facility because of its location. It has a nice view and a nice setting.

Carol83712650 May 20, 2014

I've visited Calusa Harbour a couple of times, and it's a lovely facility, but it's on the waterfront, and it's 20 stories high. They have one elevator, so that is not very conducive for walkers, canes, and wheelchairs. The staff has been very wonderful. The only problem I have is the parking area and the elevator.

Caring1021 May 11, 2014

Calusa Harbour was a high-rise building, and it was a very nice place. It was a beautiful place because if you looked out the window, you would see a big water there, since there were rivers in the area. The rooms were not as big as the other facility I visited. It was like a regular house with everything in it like bedroom, kitchen, etc. There were rooms downstairs around the building that faced the water. You sat where you liked and enjoyed yourself. We tried the food, and it was good. Most people were glad that they were there. My only comment was they had a large group of residents in the assisted living area, and I was not sure I preferred that. Nonetheless, I would still recommend this facility to others.

Irene10 October 11, 2013

The view was nice at Calusa Harbor. We only met one lady. She was very nice, very helpful, and she was willing to show us what they had to offer. But the apartment that they showed us was small and there was no kitchen. That was not what we were looking for, because we're still pretty active and can still move around. Also, the elevators were very, very slow for a large building. It was dinner time when we happened to be there. The elevator was very crowded and slow in getting down everybody for dinner.

Nancy69352750 September 30, 2013

Outside, Calusa Harbour was pretty. However, the apartments were tiny. When you went down the hall, you could see the plumbing exposed on the ceiling just like in an old building. There were no balconies so people were confined inside the apartment. It was like being in an old hotel. Though the staff was nice and they had activities, we weren't impressed with them. They had to improve their building and put balconies on their rooms.

jazzyann September 20, 2013

The major plus is it's location on the river. It is an older facility but undergoing upgrades/renovations. We are in our early 70's and the population there seemed much older. I did not like the very limited kitchen facilites in the apartment. The staff were very informative and helpful.

Margaret17 June 26, 2013

My sister passed away in May but we were able to visit Calusa Harbour. It was a very nice facility. The people were very friendly. The person that we talked to was very, very nice. We did get to see the rooms and the smallest one was really small. If my sister had a little more money, she would have loved living in this facility. They should work more on accommodating people who are on extremely limited income.

Nanci1 June 25, 2013

We like Calusa Harbor. I think that is going to be our choice. It has beautiful view of the river. It's downtown and walking distance to restaurants and other places. That's a real plus for us because we enjoy walking. The one we chose is the 1-bedroom because the studio was a little small. We had lunch there, and the food was good. They seem to have a lot of things going on. They also have vans to take you to different events around town, to the grocery store, or to doctors' appointments. However, it's really expensive because of the location, and they have a waiting list.

From Calusa Harbour

Calusa Harbour is the perfect choice for seniors who value their independence and appreciate the good life. In addition to fine dining, stimulating activities, and peace of mind, we also offer the comfort and style that you have come to expect from a Five Star Senior Living community.

We are proud to offer independent living, assisted living, and skilled nursing and rehabilitation, all on a rental basis. Plan to visit and see why we are an excellent alternative for seniors today.

Location of Calusa Harbour