Brookdale College Parkway

8351 College Parkway, Fort Myers, FL, 33919

Top nearby Independent Living Communities

Reviews of Brookdale College Parkway

Caring111710650 August 28, 2015

Brookdale were friendly, and they took me around to an apartment that a woman was living in. The place was lovely, and I would love to move there. I had no question about the facility, but I just don?t have the budget.

Caring62166350 June 16, 2015

We like Brookdale College Parkway (Formerly Grand Court Fort Myers) very much. We had a meal there, and the food was good. It's close to the college -- which offers a lot of facilities -- and the Barbara Mann Hall is there. It was comfortable and a little bit larger, and the apartments were nice. It was on a busy thoroughfare though, and there was limited space for walking. Unless you went over to the college campus, there really wasn't any good place for walking or any good destination to go, but the community itself was lovely.

Diane104343050 April 25, 2015

My mom is in Brookdale College Parkway. The experience has been very good. They have a wonderful restaurant, and the staff is absolutely wonderful. The people there are very caring particularly one woman by the name of Cathlyn that seems to run all the people between all the activities and everything else. She is a wonderful person. My mother is on a cane, and now 8 years later she is just going along. She plays bridge. They have many activities and many outings. Now, she needs a little bit of extra care because she is 89, and the Brookdale living people come in, take her down for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and give her medications. There is also a nurse there Monday to Friday, and that nurse is also on call on the weekend. I feel very safe and comfortable with her there.

John97557550 December 03, 2014

Grand Court Fort Myers was a very nice place. They have very nice apartments. The facility was very clean. The dining area was very nice. Everything about it was nice. The people were very nice and very helpful. They explained everything. They gave me an opportunity to ask questions. They showed me around the facility. The showed me the various apartments that they have which were one and two-bedrooms. They explained the financial part of it very clearly and plainly. Just generally speaking, it was very informative and helpful. I would recommend that others go see it and speak to the people.

Caring77865650 November 29, 2014

I talked to the people at Grand Court, and the whole thing was very impressive. It was very jolly, and everybody seemed to be jolly. It was reasonable, and it was first class. They have a physical therapy room, exercise room, and of course they had standard exercise procedures, Tai-Chi, and aquatic because they do have a lovely pool.

I know they have all sorts of gatherings for one reason or another and various clubs you might be interested in. The visit was very pleasant and confident.

Caring81540650 November 17, 2014

I have been to so many facilities, but I really like Grand Court Fort Myers. It felt comfortable there. Me and my daughter visited the place, and the facility looked very nice. I would be definitely going to that place, and I am waiting for a room.

Pelican1944 October 31, 2014

We went to Grand Court Fort Myers and had lunch there. We had a really nice time. The apartments were very nice. I've tried their food and everything was fine. They have a swimming pool. The place seemed to be secured enough for the people living there; they seemed happy. Overall, Grand Court Fort Myers was very nice compared to all the other places we looked at.

Caring7052 August 27, 2014

I did visit Grand Court. It stands out because of the size of the rooms. They were quite large and accommodating. I thought that was very good and liked it. Grand Court would be my first choice. First of all, I have a house where I think one of my children will be living in, and Grand Court is extremely close to this house. So the location there is very good. The second thing is, as I've said, the large rooms that they have. I think they are fair-priced.

Caring73575050 July 31, 2014

I went to Grand Court that I didn't care for at all. To me, the property wasn't cared for. The grounds there weren’t very well kept. I had a feeling that if it spills over from the landscaping, it's going to be in the rooms as well. The people seemed to be very much into themselves. They did not seem to be quite as friendly. The person that brought me and my daughter around was very nice.

Caring88475950 July 31, 2014

Grand Court was very nice. We talked about whether my mother has dementia and if she has had any issues with wandering away. This is a concern because I don't think the facility was fenced all the way around. It was near water so it had water views as well. The neighborhood is a good one and it is conveniently located next to a number of places like Chili's, Burger King, and either CVS or Walgreen. There are several churches and it's close to a university, too. I was pleased with the cleanliness. I was pleased that the staff knew the people who were living there; they acknowledged the residents and they were very friendly to them, too. They seemed to be aware of any issues and how they were doing. The facility has a salon. Their place was clean and personal. Their clients seemed to be active and moving about. I would recommend this place. I liked it.

Robert88438050 July 31, 2014

I was treated very nicely at Grand Court Fort Myers. I enjoyed the community, but I just wasn't ready to move into independent living at that time. They have a swimming pool and they have a lot of day trips in and around Fort Myers which looks very interesting. They have movie nights, Bingo, and discussion groups. In fact, there was a discussion group in the dining room during the morning we were there. I thought it was a clean community. I didn't see anything that needs to be improved. The young women who were running things were very cheerful and upbeat. The residents who lived were quiet people.

John M1 June 28, 2014

My friend, Lynn, was at Grand Court Fort Myers. It had very nice front desk people and a check-in counter. They had a very nice dining room, nice activities, nice library, and a nice coffee social room. It's got a pretty pool out back. It was just a beautiful facility, and its location was very beautiful. It was right next to a bank and a little hotel. The staff was absolutely wonderful. They had a care department where they watched the individual tenants that were there and made sure they were happy and that they were accorded with the right level of needs and stuff. They were very, very good, and if anything was a little bit unusual, they'd call me and ask me questions. In Grand Court, they were rehabbing and maintaining, and the lights lit up and music playing, it was very nice.

Carol83712650 May 20, 2014

Grand Court Fort Myers is terrible. It's very old, looks ancient. It’s not well maintained, and the facility is not all under one roof, so people have to walk outside to go and get food. They have a lot of stairs. It's very dull and not accessible. The staff seemed nice. We were able to eat there, and the food was fine. I think they need to better maintain the place.

Caring1021 May 12, 2014

We visited Grand Court Fort Myers, and we liked the location. The facility was very clean, and rooms were very nice. The one we liked had two bedrooms and two bathrooms, with a beautiful sunroof. The dining area was very beautiful. We had lunch and dinner, and the food was great. We had no problems with the meals. They also had good activities. The staff worked very hard, and even the manager and his wife, who both worked in the office, came out at times and helped serve coffee or tea. The residents were doing very well and seemed happy. However, the price and deposit that we agreed on with the person who gave us the tour were not accepted by the boss.

allison55 May 06, 2014

My father is a resident at this time. My mother was as well until her death. This facility is all about collecting money and doing the least for you the resident as possible. It is very over-priced and not as friendly as their PR would let you believe.

Caring86368150 February 25, 2014

We had a really nice dinner and we looked at a couple of the rooms at Grand Court Fort Myers. One lacked the like to be desired not because of the room, but because the lady that lived in it was a mess. The bed wasn’t made and she had stuff hanging out the door. The girl that took us should not have taken us to that room because that would turn you off to begin with. Of course it’s not the place, it’s the woman that lived there, and we understood that. But the actual room that we went to, the one bedroom, was beautiful. There are pros and cons. We went on Valentine’s Day and they were having a party. The food was delicious and there was a guy who was a good singer. But I did not like the room where people meet and my other half did not like the halls. They looked like they were old and smelly. The room and the halls needed a little uplift. It would've been great for us because our doctors are right there and CVS is right there. We go to McDonalds for coffee and that’s right there too.

We are pleased to hear you enjoyed dinner and the one bedroom apartment you saw at Grand Court Fort Myers, but are very sorry that you were disappointed when you visited. As you noted, our community is very convenient to a wide variety of restaurants, retail stores and professional services. We apologize for disappointing you and would like very much for you to contact us at (239) 433-4445 to arrange for another tour.

Caring74146350 November 27, 2013

I chose Grand Court Fort Myers because of its amenities. It looked very nice and homey. The rooms are spacious. The staff are very kind and professional. They have computer class and calendars full of activities. The food is prepared by chefs and they are topnotch. The place is well care for, it makes you feel inviting.

Nancy69352750 September 30, 2013

My husband and I are now staying at Grand Court Fort Myers. We are in one of their villas, which is over 1400 square feet with a little backyard and near a little lake. It is as cute as a bug with a lot of storage area. They are in the process of putting a new air-conditioning unit, although the one we have is still working fine. We have three meals a day and the food is excellent. The only complaint I have is that the meals are so close together, breakfast is at 7:00 to 9:00, lunch is at 11:00 to 2:00 and dinner 4:00 to 6:00 and we have to be finished by 6:00 o'clock and I can't actually eat that fast. But I talk to them and they are interested in extending dinner till late 7:00. The standard dining room is slightly small and they are in the process of improving and extending it. They have cleaners who come every other week. They also have apartments and the people there look happy. However, we are only 72 and the average age of the people there is 90. The management is very down to earth, very friendly and if we have any kind of problem, they want to know about it. Although we are independent, they have check in button on the wall. Every morning they want to know if we are okay. We are super pleased with them and we recommend them to others.

Victor5 September 20, 2013

Facilities in Grand Court are all acceptable. We are very impressed with them. We ate there and the food was satisfying. The place is very nice and very clean. Everything is satisfactory. Plus the price is reasonable!

A Happy Reident November 21, 2012

Grand Court is a senior residential community Located in the heart of Fort Myers, Florida. I have been a resident here for almost 4 months and have nothing but praises to report. The staff and services are beyond expectation. Individual apartments give us a feeling of freedom .

Grand Court Fort Myers, Florida
Brookdale Senior Living

Patty 5 September 10, 2012

Grand Court have nicer apartments. The food is tremendous and the people are very nice. My mother and I visited the place and everybody is happy, everybody came up and talk to her. We had lunch there it was just a happy place. They have everything, they do everything. They take the residents out, they have a library, they play cards, they have dances, and everything else. They provide three meals a day. It has a big living room; it has a sun room, one or two bedrooms, a whole big kitchen, and a bathroom. They're full right now, so we gave a deposit and we're waiting for an apartment to open up. It's very nice. I would recommend this place.

Margaret7 August 14, 2012

This place is an independent living facility only. It's an old building but very nice, clean, and well kept. However, it's not spacious. It's located at a busy road in South Fort Myers. But at the back there are little separate villas where you can take a walk. If you need assisted living, they are affiliated with Sterling House.

I was interested in a 2 bedroom, 2 bath accommodations. However, the accommodations don't include washer and dryer. The dining room in this place is lovely. You can dine there, and it includes 2 meals each day. The people in this facility were very friendly.

From Brookdale College Parkway

Brookdale College Parkway provides a full range of choices for today's seniors. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. Our Brookdale community delivers Inspired Independent Living, with the promise of Exceptional Experiences Everyday. In choosing this community, our residents have made a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver enhanced opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through the exceptional services, amenities and opportunities we offer.

Our Optimum Life® and Celebrations programs provide an all-encompassing way of life that touches our residents, their families and associates alike. Optimum Life® is a journey of self-discovery including services, features and benefits that allow each resident to pursue their peak level of health, wholeness and fulfillment while balancing six key dimensions of personal wellness: emotional, intellectual, physical, social, spiritual and purposeful. As part of Optimum Life® we encourage our residents to celebrate life each day. Inspired dining, with fresh meals prepared by chefs trained in our own Culinary Arts Institute, and vibrant lifestyle activities come together in our Celebrations program. These activities fill the monthly calendar with themed experiences, special events and group activities highlighting different cultures and cuisines in a common venue of camaraderie.

Features of Brookdale College Parkway