Flushing House

38-20 Bowne Street, Flushing, NY, 11354

Top nearby Independent Living Communities

Reviews of Flushing House

Janice108553350 June 16, 2015

My aunt was in Flushing House. It was very nice. She had a studio apartment. It was very spacious, clean, and nice. The staff was very helpful and friendly.

Ronald20 May 01, 2015

My brother is at Flushing House last February, and he loves it there. He has adjusted very well. The staff is excellent, and the food is excellent as well. The place is dated, but it is kept very clean. They take care of my brother's needs, and they have emergency cords in their rooms; I like that. They have daily activities like they take them on trips on where they want to go. Their food is great as well.

Caring106787950 February 27, 2015

I visited Flushing House’s premises, and everything was alright. We talked to some of the family members, and they just had enough to do. The facility was very clean and nice, and everything was well presented. There were no problems at all.

We were there during the lunch hour, and the dining room looks OK. The place was safe and secured. What really impressed me was the proximity to public transportation.

Caring94501550 August 27, 2014

Flushing House is a beautiful place. It's very big, and they have a gorgeous rooftop that has a beautiful view. The staff is so nice. If my mom had the money, I would put her there. I heard the food is really good. However, I guess the price could be cheaper because it was $2,500. It's a bit expensive, and my mother can't afford it. But I think the most selling point of that place is the beautiful view from the rooftop. You can sit up there and you see the sunset and sunrise. The dining area is like a restaurant. But they don't serve breakfast. For $2,500 a month, they should include breakfast. They only serve coffee and a donut. Elderly people need a real meal, especially first thing in the morning. It would be really good for them because it's just the most important meal of the day.

Puzgrl August 16, 2013

My folks both lived in this facility for 2 years. After my mom passed my dad moved in with my brother. While they lived in this facility they were treated with dignity and respect. They both enjoyed their time there.

Xiaogang June 26, 2013

My father is in Flushing House and so far so good. He is there for three weeks already, but he is happy. We have checked a couple of places, but Flushing House's location is perfect. Service is also good. We are happy with it.

marquez July 25, 2012

Clean building, encouraging staff, plenty of activities to stimulate the residents.

StevePutnam June 23, 2012

The Flushing house seems like a great place, every time I visit my uncle he is in a fun mood and is always busy playing cards with his friends from the building. It wasn't always the case. I remember when he first moved in, he was quite anxious and uncertain about the whole thing. It took a couple of weeks for him to get settled in, but he made some friends and the staff took a liking to him. The amenities are fantastic and are reminiscent of a summer camp for the elderly. Of particular note is the pool and the large game room with the huge televisions. The game rooms are always crowded - but he says thats a good thing: "there is always something to do". All is all both he and I are very happy with the place. The food is so so in the taste department but generally very healthy. Good thing considering he is a diabetic.

Caring671 June 21, 2012

My mom has been to Flushing house for quite sometime now. The staff is really nice and they are all terrific! They are very knowledgeable with regards to what they are doing. I am really satisfied. She made so many friends easily and she's really happy about it. Her room was really spacious and beautiful. This is a great place to live.

Caring678 June 05, 2012

My friend is settled in Flushing House. It's a non profit. It has a regular meal. When the money runs out this flushing house will subsidize her and put her on community medicaid. She doesn't lose her room and she will stay in the same place. It's non profit that's why they could do it. So all the other facilities that we visited are all profit making. Also my friend is more mobile where she is. This place is close to church. She can actually walk to church any time she wants because she's very religious. I'm pretty sure she's in the right place.

BillyGee November 18, 2011

Very nice and new; perfect for my 90's parents. They'd have 2 BRs, but think they are too young to move in now!

About Flushing House

Flushing House is an independent living community in Flushing, NY designed for seniors, normally 55+, who are able to care for themselves and wish to live independently. Contact Flushing House for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Location of Flushing House