Brookdale Farmington Hills | Independent Living

36550 Grand River Avenue, Farmington Hills, MI, 48335

Top nearby Independent Living Communities

Reviews of Brookdale Farmington Hills | Independent Living

June206 December 02, 2013

I liked what the Grand Court Farmington Hills offered, their location, and the price. My dad's room is nice and the staff is nice. The grounds are well-kept. It's a nice place.

Brenda25 November 20, 2013

The accommodations at Grand Court were really awesome. They even have a screened off porch you can go to in the summertime. I didn?t stay for lunch but everything seemed to be nice. They showed me the apartment that they offered and I loved it.

Mauzee October 12, 2012

The facilities are clean, orderly and generally well-maintained. It's apparant that the staff do what they can to make the environment comfortable and enjoyable for every one of the residents. The residents, of course, vary in their needs in terms of care and involvement, but each time I visit, I note that those who seem to really require assistance are provided with it, and those who are able to function primarily without assistance are afforded a comfortable level of independence. The living arrangements are simple, but nice. The personal space is adequate for one person, but I cannot imagine trying to fit the lives of two adults in one of the apartments. The apartments are equipped with basic kitchens, though the dining hall serves meals regularly enough to where my grandmother rarely feels the need to cook. It seems as though residents have all that they need, and much of what they would want. I often have to coordinate my visits so as not to interfere with my grandmother's social activities around the facility, including bingo, movies, musical performances and entertainment of any variety. The facility also provides some limited transportation to and from local businesses if or when residents want to buy groceries, clothes or anything else available in a few local shopping centers. Planned trips to concerts or other entertainment events are also not uncommon, and while I'm not certain if involvement in those trips is included in the monthly rates, it seems as though my grandmother enjoys them enough to keep going. All in all, I'm happy to know that she enjoys her new living arrangements and that a moderate decrease in independence was at least mostly offset by socialization and activity, and that there was thus no appreciable decrease in her quality of life during what may be her most precious years.

caring5311 June 05, 2012

They have the cheapest rates for what they offered out of all the facilities we've looked at. The amount of money, what we needed, it seemed to be the best value. It seemed to be a nice facility. The staff was very helpful and nice. They had a lot of activities there and they also had a rehab center on the site.

They had a pleasant dining area and mom's room is spacious and bright. I know that the outside fire doors at the end of the hallways though are very hard to open for the older person, so I hope they can fix that. I am assured of leaving my mom in their care. I liked the place overall.

Caring5111 May 12, 2012

I've only been a week here and I'm still learning myself. I particularly like the porch. Everyone has a porch. It has a full kitchen it's more or less like a small house, and the bathroom is nice. I think that this facility is good or I would have not moved here. I'm still adjusting but the staff is nice.

Social Worker # 1 November 26, 2011

I think Grand Court of Farmington Hills, is an excellent choice for anyone who is looking for a placement for a friend or family member. While there, I noticed that the residents were socializing and eating their dinner and the food looked excellent and the residents conveyed to me that the food also taste excellent as well. The California style looking motel looks like a great but unique vacations resort getaway. The residents resort style living looks like they are on their vacation instead of living there. It is so very unique but comfortable looking. Grand Court of Farmington Hills offer exceptional Services amenities and opportunities for their residents. They also offer their residents a Spiritual Based community as well in their facility. The facility is clean and does not smell. The surrounding suburban neighborhoods' are very beautiful and well landscaped, maintained and structured and is such a quiet and beautiful living area.

The management and staff there are very nice and professional, team, task oriented in their job duties and their performances. They also offer their residents special events and group activities. It has a very contemporary style décor and it is very well coordinated to match as well. The residents like it there and I would recommend Grand Court of Farmington Hills, to anyone and everyone that is looking for placement for a friend or a family member. It is like living in a fabulous hotel in Phoenix Arizona it looks like summer all year round with its unique structure. The staff treats the residents like family and the residents there like it there.

In general, I would rank this facility on a five stars rating for its expertise and excellence. I know that the residents there receive excellent care there and they are very happy there also.

From Brookdale Farmington Hills

Brookdale Farmington Hills provides a full range of choices for today's seniors. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. Our Brookdale community delivers Inspired Independent Living, with the promise of Exceptional Experiences Everyday. In choosing this community, our residents have made a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver enhanced opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through the exceptional services, amenities and opportunities we offer. And, our residents can rest assured that as their needs change we provide a variety of ancillary services and a Personalized Assisted Living environment that encourages our residents to continue to live as they please while respecting individual preferences.

Our Optimum Life® and Celebrations programs provide an all-encompassing way of life that touches the lives of our residents, their families and associates alike.Optimum Life® is a journey of self-discovery including services, features and benefits that allow each resident to pursue their peak level of health, wholeness and fulfillment while balancing six key dimensions of personal wellness: emotional, intellectual, physical, social, spiritual and purposeful. As part of Optimum Life® we encourage our residents to celebrate life each day. Inspired dining and vibrant lifestyle activities come together in our Celebrations program filling the monthly calendar with themed experiences, special events and group activities that highlight different cultures and cuisines in a common venue of camaraderie.

Features of Brookdale Farmington Hills

• Technology extra: Emergency Call System
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Skilled nursing
  • Physical therapy

• Companion suites: We do not offer companion suites

• General store
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library, Fitness room/Gym, 24 hour emergency response, staffing around the clock

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services

• Private services

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Some residents have in-room full kitchens (including oven, etc.)

• Minimum age: 62

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of Brookdale Farmington Hills