Lake Ridge Village

353 W Ardice Ave, Eustis, FL, 32726

Reviews of Lake Ridge Village

Betty240000 September 13, 2016

I have a good friend who lives in Lake Ridge Village, and she loves it. I like the friendly people there. They showed me different available apartments, and I just love it, even prior to my visit there. They take them out on outings on a bus. The staff is very friendly, very helpful, and accommodating. They are great. The place is warm and friendly. They have a beauty salon, a library, and laundry facilities. They will pick up your garbage, if you want. You just put it by the door, and they will pick it up and take it to the dumpster. They deliver food to your room if need be and serve three meals a day.

Grace064566 September 11, 2016

I toured Lake Ridge, I was happy with the place, and a staff member who toured me around was very thorough. She showed me a furnished unit, a couple of vacant ones, and so I saw how much space there is. My next step would be to take mom there.

Susan120356450 February 29, 2016

Lake Ridge is excellent, very large, and very clean. The dining room was beautiful, the food was excellent, and the selection was good. The staff was very attentive, very informative, I was not at all rushed. They had trips and they had a car show.

Maggy1 February 29, 2016

I visited this facility. I liked the Apartment but the building seems dated. The Staff I interacted with were pleasant and helpful .I think the price could be lower. I am still looking.

Lorie9 February 16, 2016

Lake Ridge Village is good overall. They serve good food, have plenty of activities, and have a doctor on-site. The apartments are really spacious and nice and include little kitchens with a little stove and a full-size refrigerator. I decided to go with them because I really liked it and the location. It was halfway from my home to work, so it was easy for me to stop in on my way from home to work, so that was the main reason I chose it. Also, the price was the best.

Chiflo January 24, 2016

Lake Ridge is dated, but for seniors it’s nice because they have their own private deck. The staff is awesome. I love them. They care for everybody, know everybody and they help everybody. They really go above and beyond. They do a lot of things like word puzzles, they do things together and they had a New Year’s party with very good dinner menu.

Nancy114942650 November 30, 2015

Lake Ridge had everything we were looking for. The staff was very helpful and knowledgeable. They had a one-bedroom apartment with full kitchen, clean and spacious. They do fitness and games.

Stacy R November 30, 2015

We felt a little hammered at Lake Ridge. I didn't really like the heavy-handed sales approach. However, the facility itself seemed nice. They clean the apartments and they do your laundry, i.e., bed sheet and towels. The residents raved a lot about the meals. We never had one, but it seemed pretty good. They also provided transportation.

Deborah115545450 November 05, 2015

I like everything about Lake Ridge Village. It is all good. The staff is excellent. The rooms are great. They're roomy. I like them. They have a lot of activities. They have a lot of different card games and bingo. They're all like family. We have a good time down in the dining room. Again, it is like family atmosphere. The food is good. You can't please everyone all the time, but they try to accommodate as well as they can.

Anonymous115928250 October 28, 2015

I didn’t like Lake Ridge. It's out of my price range. It was advertised as handicapped accessible, but it wasn’t. They had a screened porch for every apartment, but a person in a wheelchair could not reach it because there are two steps to get into the porch. All the doorways were too narrow to fit my wheelchair. There were only two entrance and exits that had a ramp, and they were a large distance apart. There were a lot of exits, but they all had stairs, and their bus wasn’t wheelchair accessible. It was not a wheelchair-friendly place. The staff was wonderful -- I cannot say anything bad about them. They were very nice and helpful.

Hi, I'm Katie, I work at Holiday Retirement's Home Office. Thank you so much for your sincere review. We want everyone to be comfortable in our communities, including our residents in wheelchairs, so this is valuable feedback. I've passed your message on to our Resident Relations team for their review. Thanks, Katie

Caring 123 October 05, 2015

We only met one lady at Lake Ridge Village, and she was very nice and helpful. I didn't see any rooms, but the place was fine, and the dining room was very nice.

Caring112133250 August 27, 2015

We didn't like Lake Ridge Village that much. The whole interior looked very dark. The residents didn't look so happy; they all looked very depressed and down. We saw them when the residents were at lunch, and the workers were just like standing over on the sides, smoking cigarettes and whatever. They weren’t very involved with the residents, whereas, in the other two places, you could see that the staff really interacted with the residents. It was a very old facility, and it seemed clean enough, but it had seen much better days. The rooms were actually quite excellent. They were large and had nice patios attached to them.

Hi, I'm Katie, I work at Holiday Retirement's Home Office. I'm sorry to hear that you didn't choose Lake Ridge Village, but I appreciate you writing such a sincere review. I've passed your feedback, specifically on maintenance/upkeep and staffing, to our Resident Relations department. Please know that you are welcome to call them as well if you have anything else you'd like to add. Their number is 1-800-370-8331. Thanks again, Katie

Caring109053250 July 31, 2015

My experience with Lake Ridge Village was very positive. I was very well received and very well fed. I was given a tour, and I liked the people -- both the management type people and the residents. The studio apartment, which is the only thing that I could afford, was really tiny. It was nice, clean, and light, but it was tiny. The food was good. The dining room was set in tables of four; that is with four chairs at a table, and there was lots of space. They have a variety of activities including bringing in entertainment on the weekends, and there was not anything which specifically appeals to me.

Caring111087550 July 28, 2015

Lake Ridge Village is an older building, and the people are a bit older. It was a little bit expensive; there is a shopping area close by in a good neighborhood

Art16 July 21, 2015

We basically chose Lake Ridge Village as it was very cost effective. It was a clean facility, it had good food, and the people were very friendly. The resident managers and all the staff were very accommodating. They seemed to be very caring and genuinely concerned about my mom’s welfare. They have tours that they take them on, entertainment, games, physical therapists, and exercises with them. Very nice facility and all encompassing.

Anonymous108383350 June 08, 2015

They were very pleasant at Lake Ridge Village, but it was not what I was looking for. The room was fine. They did not have medical staff available during the night. The person in charge was fine.

mudmarine May 28, 2015

Lake Ridge reminds me of a rundown motel. If you are really desperate, it is a place you could stay. Your parking is out in the community parking lot. It is a long walk to get in, and you have to walk down long hallways to get to the room. You have three meals a day there, and then you have to walk a couple of miles to the dining room. Cleanliness is average, and nothing in there really stood out. We were not impressed at all.

Hi, I'm Katie, I work at Holiday Retirement's Home Office. First, thank you for your sincere review. I'm sorry you didn't enjoy your tour. Admittedly, there is not much we at Home Office can immediately do to revise the building's layout, but if you have any other suggestions for aesthetic improvement, we'd most certainly like to hear them. Please feel free to call 1-800-370-8331. Thank you, Katie

caring5892 April 28, 2015

We visited just one -- Lake Ridge in Eustis. It was old. It seemed to be clean, and the people we talked to -- the manager that we talked to -- were all friendly. We had lunch there, and it was OK. We did not like the neighborhood. When we left, we kind of looked around, and it is right across from the shopping center. The majority of shops were closed and out of business, and then we had to go through a lot of traffic to get anywhere, and we just decided it was not the place for us. The only thing we would be getting out of it would be the meals, and they weren't all that exciting that anyway. We just decided it wasn't for us.

Caring102538850 February 21, 2015

Lake Ridge is nice, but it’s not what we need. The facility was OK; I didn’t find any fault with it. The staff was OK; I didn’t find anything wrong with them. It’s good for people who are ready to have a place. The food was OK.

Caring99743650 February 10, 2015

We went to visit the Lake Ridge Village, and we were served dinner. The staff was lovely, and this gal named Lisa showed us the apartments; it was nice. We didn’t leave there with the feeling that that was where we wanted to be because of the location itself. We live in The Villages, and we’d like something closer to here. They have most of the activities there, and they take people around to different places. The area wasn’t just for us.

Caring104508350 January 16, 2015

Lake Ridge Village is a nice facility. It was the one that my father wanted. They provide you a little room of your own where you can enter from the street level. It looked pretty good. The area was clean. The unit has an entrance on the street level just like an apartment. Inside, the place was extremely clean; there was no smell or anything like that. The people were very friendly.

Jean and Paul December 02, 2014

We liked Lake Ridge Village, and we visited it a couple of times. The staff was very nice and courteous. The food was delicious. The apartments were nice. It was close and convenient to everything. The amenities included transportation to doctor's offices, entertainments, shopping, and things of that sort. I believed it was even close to a DA's facility, and that was important to us because my husband goes to the DA. The only thing that they didn't have was swimming pool or a hot tub. They had a small physical therapy room. They had different things for men and women of anything that you could think of.

Caring87504150 October 31, 2014

I was looking a place for my husband. Lake Ridge was nice. They have nice rooms and friendly staff. They also have good meals. My overall experience with them was good. The Lake Ridge surrounding was close to a mall, but there wasn't much grounds there around the building. It was like a city facility. What would I say to others about this facility? If they needed independent living with the food, the housekeeping, and all of that being paid for, Lake Ridge would be a nice place to retire to. It will give you a lot of independence.

Caring91619350 August 18, 2014

Lake Ridge Village is a great and wonderful place. The food was wonderful and the people were very nice. The rooms were very spacious and affordable and that was the big thing. The activities were great, too. They have games, dancing, and karaoke, and all kinds of lessons: exercise, church, and lots of other stuff. It wasn’t just for us because my dad can't participate in any of those. He did move in for about three weeks, but it didn’t work out.

Caring84522250 May 21, 2014

I am in Lake Ridge Village and chose it because of its value for price. It is kind of old, probably '60s or '70s construction, but on the other hand, it is several hundred dollars less than the competition. The staff was fine, helpful, and friendly. I have a very large one-bedroom apartment, which has a very good layout and fits my needs perfectly. I have three meals a day, seven days a week, and the food is fine. The dining room is more than adequate. They have different kinds of activities, like card games, bingo, music and exercise. I would recommend them to others.

Dee12 March 27, 2014

We were able to tour Lake Ridge Village because it was recommended to us. The facility is all on one level. I like the fact that it gives you the opportunity to walk because it's all on one level. The residents are very happy about the food and the care that they are receiving. They also have in-home care in the facility, and that is what we liked about this facility. If I were moving into a facility, I would more in there. We saw a room that was empty, and it seemed very comfortable. The facility is close to a shopping center and a drug store. When we were there, I saw two vans taking people out for an organized outing. I saw some people using the Wii. I like the idea that there is planned activity at certain times of the month to have people out. If there's one thing they can improve on, I think they need some remodeling. It's an older facility, but not bad. It had more to offer, even though it's an older facility.

Caring80790650 March 26, 2014

Lake Ridge was very old, probably 30 to 40 years old. It was single level and everything was pretty old. They had a little sitting area. They have nice people, but much older. It was cheaper than the other facilities and it was clean. The rooms were nice and the dining facilities were small and with less choices. The people who manage the place lived there and were always there to help. It was more family oriented and closer to the residents. They reminded me more of assisted living than independent living.

Steve31 March 19, 2014

Lake Ridge is close to where we have been living. It was among of the least expensive places we've been to. I had all the facilities we needed. It's an older place, but it was very well-kept and nice facility. The people here are friendly. We have a lot of things going on. We have a pretty busy activity schedule like crafts, movies, games and trips. My wife has fit in very well.

The apartments are nice. The food has been pretty good and they handle things very well in the dining area.

Pat38 November 28, 2013

I like Lake Ridge Village very much. They were able to give me a good tour. It's an older building, but it's nice and they seemed to be fixing up the place. The staff are very friendly and enthusiastic. It’s a comfortable place to live. I noticed that they have a lot of good activities and I saw that they play cards. They also have a barber shop there. The price was also reasonable.

Robin15 November 21, 2013

Lake Ridge is a wonderful place. I would move there if I could. They were right at the end of their remodeling so it should be all finished now but everything was fine to me. The apartments were pretty nice. The one we saw had a bedroom, a living room, a little porch and a little kitchenette area and my aunt wouldn't even need to cook. She would just go to the dining room for everything. We had a lunch there the first time we went in and they actually let her stay for three days and two nights to see how she liked it. The food was very good. The people and the atmosphere were really nice. People there were sitting in the dining room. The day that I took my aunt over there to see it for the first time, she actually sat and played bingo with the residents. They had a little bus that would take them to doctor's appointment or the shopping mall. I really liked it there.

Kim F. September 23, 2013

Dad is at Lake Ridge and he likes it because it is single-story. He likes it that it is independent living and he can have nurses when he needs one. He likes that he can have the meals serve to him and he likes the food. They also have meal options. Someone does the house cleaning. He likes the area and it is a nice place over all.

Patrishia May 29, 2013

We went into Lake Ridge Village for about six months, but we decided that we're not just ready for that, so we went back to our house. The facility was excellent and it was close to where we live. They provided us three meals a day.

caring6202 June 28, 2012

This is a nice place. We looked around and saw some facilities where we would absolutely not send my mother! But we looked and found Lakeridge, went there and it was something that we could afford. They were so kind and show us their rooms. The other residents would let mom look into their room too. The little porch on back and the three meal a day was great! We brought her a microwave but she doesn't really know how to use it. Bonnie and Helen, a few of the staff there, they were very nice.

I would like them to improve on their food. My mom loves veggies and they only give her a scoop. Perhaps more serving on the vegetables because she doesn't get enough veggies. Also, the day mom moved in we saw a roach, and honest to goodness she'll leave if she sees another bug! And roaches are nasty. So they need a little more cleaning and sanitizing in the place. Mom is also supposed to get some help once a week with the housecleaning but her shower was never really cleaned. Mom said they were just in there for five minutes. She's also not using their linens or anything like that and so she does her own washing but sometimes she does need help making the bed up. She also has holes in her walls where they had done some drilling and those have not been filled in because they're right there in the living area, so when you walk in you see the holes. We brought it up to the staff already so I hope they do something about it.

From Lake Ridge Village

Lake Ridge Village is located in Eustis, FL, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to Lake Ridge Village for a visit...and stay!

Features of Lake Ridge Village

• Hiking trails

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Dining extra: Private dining room