The Springs of Escondido

1261 E Washington Ave, Escondido, CA, 92027

Reviews of The Springs of Escondido

Pam119026650 February 23, 2016

The Springs offers a concierge care situation where you’re paying for each individual thing by the day versus a monthly fee. I felt that for my mother-in-law to know in advance what the price would be, I would rather live with the flat-rate price than what the concierge service could cost. The staff was very nice and very accommodating. The salespeople were a little more direct and put in a little more effort, not in a positive way but more in a kind of pressuring way.

Nasrina February 16, 2016

The Springs of Escondido was really nice. In fact, I was considering them, but they are a little bit far from where my daughter lives. The apartment was beautiful, and I like it a lot. The staff who assisted me was very nice, and very welcoming. This guy who gave us the tour did a very good job. They were even willing to work with my dietary requirements.

Janice117608550 February 15, 2016

The Springs was a very strange place. The person that met with me turned me over to a different person right away, and we went to lunch. It just wasn’t right for me.

Hi Janice, I'm Katie, I work at Holiday Retirement Home Office. I'm so sorry to hear that you had a negative experience at Springs of Escondido, and agree that the way you were treated was very unprofessional. I apologize. Thank you for taking time to leave a review, Katie

Rusty6 December 30, 2015

The building is sort of old. It's maintained fairly well, but things break down once in a while (elevator stopped running at least 3 times in the last year, water pipe broke recently, cutting off water for a couple of days, the carpet's looking old. The food is OK, but sometimes the selection is limited (too much pasta). I wish the meal times were a little more flexible -- people are expected to be in the dining room at 8:00 for breakfast, 12:00 for lunch and 5:00 for supper. If you're a couple minutes late, you might not get the first course.

There are 2 sets of managers (each set = husband and wife). The younger set are easy to get along with. The wife in the older pair is sometimes cranky and hard to deal with -- she's not really a 'people person'.

Overall I'm happy. This place is the cheapest Independent living in town and it is OK, but if you can afford it, there are nicer places.

George C. November 25, 2015

The Springs of Escondido was a nice facility. The staff and few residents I met were very pleasant. The places in Escondido give you a little more square footage than the places down on the coast do for the same amount of money. As far as the quality of the facility is concerned, they're satisfactory. Their residents were all ambulatory to some degree. They use walking aids but can move around on their own.

Anonymous88843150 November 11, 2015

I liked Holiday’s The Spring of Escondido the best. I liked the room, but I can’t afford most of these places. They offered a financial program, but I didn’t want to go that way. The building gave me a rather claustrophobic feeling because the hallways were narrow and long. The price keeps a lot of people away; all of these places are too high for a person on social security. The staff was very helpful.

Anonymous115080250 November 05, 2015

The Springs at Escondido was nice for the money. It was a reasonable place. The room was nice. I came there without an appointment. I saw people playing cards in a big room. Some people were getting in a bus to town to go to their appointments and shopping.

Percy1 September 15, 2015

We choose The Springs of Escondido for both me and my wife because first of all it seemed that the people are friendly. We actually have made friends easily. The facility felt very comfortable. The food is good, and we have enjoyed living here for a little over a month now. We were able to get a small bedroom and a small kitchen with a living room and a dining area. We are very happy with the situation.

Caring106468050 June 30, 2015

I went to the Springs of Escondido. The staff was delightful, I was very impressed, and the residents seemed very nice. They were very friendly and very social with me. The room wasn't really spacious, but it was adequate. You can bring all your own things, which is nice. The whole point why I went was because I am vegan and I wanted to find out if I would be able to have my vegan meals, and that was impossible. What I like about it is I am Christian and they have Bible studies and meetings for Christians. They had a lot of recreational things and lots of outings in the past, so it sounded very nice.

Caring106331450 May 22, 2015

The people at The Springs of Escondido are very friendly and outgoing. They have good food. We chose it because they felt welcome there, and they really like it. Their room was very nice. They have a one bedroom, and it met all their needs. They have different activities everyday.

William104437350 April 30, 2015

The Springs of Escondido was nice, but it was too far away from my son. The staff were nice, and everything was nice. The food was pretty good. I just went for a three-day visit, and they had guest rooms, which were nice.

Caring33023950 April 19, 2015

We visited The Springs of Escondido. They have a very nice facility. We were impressed with their two-bedroom independent living. They were economical, so we like it. They seemed very sufficient. The balcony was a little smaller than we had hoped though. The dining room looked very nice. They have a variety of activities. They seemed to have things like cultural events. I think their strong point is their very nicely priced service.

Gerald11 March 31, 2015

The staff at the Springs was very good. They explained everything, they invited me to lunch, and the food was good. They have a professional chef that does the cooking. Their dining room was kind of like a restaurant. They have single rooms, one-bedrooms, and two-bedrooms. I don't think the one bedroom was big enough for me. The two-bedroom was big enough, but I don't know if the difference in prices was worth it.

Elliot1976 December 26, 2014

My husband actually did go into The Springs here locally. He is out now, and we have to pay the rent this month because we have to guarantee them 90 days. We paid the rent this month but he liked it enough there he came last week even though the rent is paid.

My husband liked it. There was no problem with the facility itself or the management. They were all very nice, helpful, and cooperative. The food was acceptable; there were no issues. He didn’t pay for just one month. Whether you stay or not, I think you have to pay 90 days.

It is a nice place, and my husband had a beautiful room. I was happy; it is just the money. Everything seems fine, but it is expensive there; we can hardly afford it.

caring96054650 October 26, 2014

I liked the Springs of Escondido. The rooms were nice, clean, and spacious. The dining area was very nice. The food was good when I ate there. The staff was knowledgeable. They had nice activities and everything.

Nancy62808750 August 30, 2014

I live here in The Springs of Escondido. The staff is very good and people are very kind. I have a small puddle and they make accommodation for her. I like that it is not huge unlike any other places where you can bore yourself out just from going from point A to point B. It is an independent living but they have family help here for an extra cost. If you are sick, they can come in and help. They have card games, movies and different kinds of activities. They also have some religious things here that I like. The food is good here and I will recommend them to others.

Caring86980150 June 18, 2014

The Springs of Escondido was good. It was very old, and the room was more of a studio. The staff was very friendly and very helpful. They answered our questions and showed us around. We spoke to the residents, and we had a good feeling from it.

Caring75920550 March 31, 2014

The Springs was a really good fit. She's been there now for three months, and she feels likes it's her new home. They keep her active with activities. They all come together to eat at meal time. They have bingo, excursions, and a bus that takes them to the library or an event in the neighborhood. It's wonderful.

From The Springs of Escondido

The Springs of Escondido is located in Escondido, CA, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to The Springs of Escondido for a visit...and stay!

Features of The Springs of Escondido

• Hiking trails

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Dining extra: Private dining room