Rio Norte

1941 Saul Kleinfeld Dr, El Paso, TX, 79936

Reviews of Rio Norte

Satisfied Resident369 February 15, 2016

My husband is diabetic, and we get a lot of pasta, rice, spaghetti, and potatoes here in Rio Norte. There’s no alternative to the starch along with the bread, and he’s not the only diabetic here. We have addressed this with the new management and the cook, and they keep saying that they’re going to address the issue, but I don’t know when. We have new management that just came in. I would recommend any of the people who work here highly. They’re always polite, always considerate, and will do whatever they can to assist you. We have a 900-square-foot two-bedroom, two-bathroom apartment with our own microwave, small refrigerator, and a sink. They have a lot of activities going on all the time. They start at 9:30 a.m. with exercise, and then they have bingo, Bunco, poker, and movies. We moved here because our doctor pretty much insisted that we move to an assisted living, and it wasn’t anything that I wanted to do. My husband, at first, was satisfied, and now he is not. We had looked at some others, but they had told us there will be a doctor on call 24/7, but that’s not true. There are times when I’m not able to get out of bed and too sick to go to the doctor, so that’s why we chose this place. But then we found out that that was not true; it never has been true. The on-call people are the fire department and the MTs.

Anonymous114860450 November 22, 2015

There were a lot of people at Rio Norte when we went there. There was an event happening, so it was kind of crowded. As far as the assisted living, it was fine. We saw a one-bedroom apartment that seemed fine. There was a party that day, so everybody was eating and having a good time. There was a girl there named was Victoria who was very helpful and very nice. She was the one that set up the invitation for us to visit. Actually, there have been a couple of times that we had contact with her. She was always very kind.

A Caring Son1 October 28, 2015

We visited Rio Norte. The staff was very friendly. The rooms were minimal, but Mom was very happy with them. She said that's probably where she will go to if she decides to. They had good activities too. I attended one, so I could take some videos to show my Mom what it is like. Everything that Mom would need, I would say she has there available to her. It was well-managed and well-maintained. A lot of the residents were very friendly too.

Dawn28 July 21, 2015

They had great food, and they had what we needed. Rio Norte was a fantastic place. They had younger people there. My mom is 92 years old, but we tried to get her to come down from Michigan. The staff was great and very helpful. They had everything. Cars could be parked there. I was even looking at it for myself. They had Blackjack, pool tables, internet access, and a religious facility. They had several apartments. It didn't smell like urine like all the other places did. It was a lot cheaper than what we're paying in Michigan -- which is $4200 a month -- and there in El Paso, it was $2500, which included care. There were younger people there, they drive their cars, and it's just a few miles from my house.

Blanca1 December 14, 2014

I was very pleased with Rio Norte. We had a lot of choices, and the prices were reasonable. It is very clean. You enter, and everything is like new. They have 2-bedroom and 1-bedroom apartments, and they a studio apartment type. The room that I saw was one that they use as a model, and they have furniture. The food was very good. Everything that they serve was very well prepared. I have met 2 or 3 ladies that live there; they are all very pleased with the facility. Very nice, friendly people. The staff was wonderful; they called me back and invited me to some of their events. They have a comedy night and a movie night; they had different things. It is a good facility. I will recommend it to anybody especially because it’s the only one on this side of town. It doesn’t have a swimming pool if the people want to do water exercises, but it has a small area where they have 2 or 3 exercise machines.

Earl7 December 09, 2014

We spent one afternoon at Rio Norte. The staff did a good job in accommodating us, and that was really nice. They were really first class in everything that they do. The rooms are spacious. This facility is more livable. All the things around it are easier to get to.

Caring66794150 September 25, 2014

Rio Norte was an expensive community. It was beautiful, but I couldn't afford it. I saw one area during my visit, which was hteir activity room. Everybody was busy doing something. I would love to be there if I could afford it.

From Rio Norte

Rio Norte is located in El Paso, TX, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to Rio Norte for a visit...and stay!

Features of Rio Norte