Montevista at Coronado

1575 Belvidere Street, El Paso, TX, 79912

Reviews of Montevista at Coronado

Earl7 December 09, 2014

I certainly think Montevista at Coronado is a 5-star facility. Everything was first class, but they are also more expensive. The staff were really nice.

Earl - thank you for visiting our beautiful community. And, you are correct. We are a Five Star community and very proud of it. I think the perception is that we are more expensive than others but when you get right down to it we are pretty comparable. Our rates are all inclusive where others add additional charges for meals, transportation, etc. I'm so glad you enjoyed your visit and invite you to visit us again - and join me for one of our "five star" meals. You will definitely see the value of The MonteVista. Robin Owen, Director of Sales & Marketing

Paul97698550 December 06, 2014

I didn't think the rooms were as nice at Montevista at Coronado. It was a nice building on the outside, but they weren't as clean, and even though it was more expensive, they were only offering two meals a day instead of three. I just felt they weren't quite as friendly. They had one and two bedrooms, which were OK, but it just looked like they needed some work, new carpet, and some other things. I wasn't overly impressed. They do have a lot of activities. The common dining area was OK.

Paul - Thank you for your visit to our community and letting us know of some areas that we need to give more attention to. We do have a beautiful community and we want to keep it looking beautiful. We are constantly updating areas such as the case with our new roof. You are correct that we offer two meals but we have found that lots of seniors don't eat 3 meals a day anymore. However, there are numerous social activities that provide some type of food. For example, at our daily happy hour we offer appetizers and at Super Bingo on Sundays we have food such as chili, tacos or pizza. Not to mention the "Sundaes on Mondays" or our monthly birthday celebrations. Paul - I would like to invite you to come visit us again and join me for lunch or dinner in our beautiful dining room. If you have any other questions or concerns about The MonteVista, please don't hesitate to call me. Robin Owen, Director of Sales & Marketing

Caring70555250 July 19, 2014

We are living in Montevista de Coronado. It provides everything to those who are really disabled. The company provides the transportation. The meals, which include breakfast, noon, and supper, are provided by the facility. We are very happy with the food. The evening meal has three main courses, which usually have about 5 different vegetables and desserts. There are a great deal of activities provided for us. There is something going on every day. The rooms are very nice. We have a three-room apartment. It has two bedrooms, a living room, a kitchenette, and because our children are visiting, we provide a spare bedroom, and they are quite large. It is in a pretty much secluded area. It is claimed to be a 5-star facility and I will rate it as such.

jazzi1 March 14, 2012

This assisted nursing facility is one of the renowned facilities in this area. It has been developed with a view to offer a better life style and associated facilities for old people. I found is very spacious, neat and calm. The management and working staff are keen to look after the residents and offer them what they desire. I met lot of men and women who were busy in gossiping and playing with their pets. The staff is very responsive and is ready to help round the clock. Dining, laundry, internet, mini library are few of the facilities which are available at cheaper rates. Medical facility is available nearby and medical staff is there to offer care. Generally, the atmosphere is nice and quiet with lot of people in there to live an enjoyable life. Siblings are allowed to visit their loved ones any time in the day and night. I would recommend this facility being reasonably cheap but surely, of a better quality of life.

No responsibility February 06, 2012

While the independent living facility is as good as it gets, the skilled nursing care unit leaves a lot to be desired. It is neither family nor patient oriented. There is no patient advocate. Staff do not talk to patients or say who they are went they enter the patient's room. Those in charge are defensive and complaints are not meaningfully addressed.

commercesd January 13, 2012

We really thought the Spanish style exterior of the Montevista at Coronado assisted living facility in El Paso was beautiful. We are looking for a place in the region for our uncle.

The staff who greeted us seemed very professional, but still cordial. The levels of care available could suit any \senior living retirement or rehabilitation situation. We were relieved to find that our uncle could keep his beloved kitty.

The community rooms were thoughtfully designed, with a colonial decor that was warm and inviting. We liked the fireplaces in the sitting and living rooms and all the ample seating. The library was really nice, with plenty of seating. The facility overall is very clean and bright.

The dining area and food was really exceptional. We tried some lunch which was flavorful and healthy. The snack were particularly interesting and are offered any time the seniors desire.

The exercise rooms were fully equipped and they offer many different types of classes -- from yoga to aerobics and strength training. There is a trainer who comes weekly to work with residents.

The residents enjoy just about any type of activity one could think of here - but also have access to the wonderful greenery and surroundings outside. They are also taken out to every social event in the region possible -- from art galleries to shopping and music, cinema and local plays.

This is a full service facility that seemed to have very nice staff and plenty of amenities to offer its residents.

We know that our uncle would really enjoy the breathtaking views of the Franklin Mountains. It was clear to us that this is a facility that strives to provide the best services possible, with their dedication and passion to ensuring that all residents are well taken care of and content.

Pongo November 17, 2011

The staff knows the patients--their likes and dislikes. The patients may have difficulty in communicating, but the staff will determine what their needs are--without losing patience.

The Monte Vista is a beautiful place visually, but it's really the staff that makes it so good.

KarKai June 22, 2011

The Montevista provides several levels of assisted living at their facility, from a simple retirement facility to those requiring high levels of care. Not only does the Montevista provide these services, they do so at a luxury facility located high above El Paso at the top of Belvidere in the Coronado Country Club area. For those residents requiring little care, the facility is next door to Queen of Peace Catholic Church and close enough to the Coronado Country Club that you can walk right on to the first tee. Additionally, Montevista provides shuttle service to local shopping malls and grocery stores for those uncomfortable or incapable of driving. The facility also boasts game rooms and on site eateries. Easily the best option available in El Paso, TX.

From Montevista at Coronado

The Montevista at Coronado offers compassionate senior care in El Paso, TX. We strive to create a home-like atmosphere where you and your loved ones can feel secure. Our warm, well-trained staff works closely with our residents to provide the utmost care and comfort. As part of the Five Star corporation, you can be sure that everyone at The Montevista at Coronado shares the Five Star Values, and is committed to a high level of caring in all that they do. Please schedule a visit to see why we are the first choice in senior care in El Paso, TX.

Features of Montevista at Coronado