Eskaton Hazel Shirley Manor

11025 San Pablo Avenue, El Cerrito, CA, 94530

Top nearby Independent Living Communities

Reviews of Eskaton Hazel Shirley Manor

Eugenia G. August 25, 2016

Good. Very much appreciated.

Kate S August 19, 2016

This is a HUD-assisted independent living facility with a cap on income and assets. First you have to qualify (be poor enough), and then you have to prepare yourself for a multi-year waiting list. I had to wait 3 years, and the list is longer now. But without this place I couldn't have afforded to continue living in California. The apartments are not large, but I have a full-size refrigerator and stove in my kitchen and a little balcony outside my living room. The common areas are kept clean and neat, and the staff exhibits real caring about us. We have a social services coordinator to assist people in getting the support they may need. We have a live-in manager who takes good care of us, an excellent maintenance man, and a project manager who makes sure our overall needs are met. Our community room is large and equipped with a full kitchen, TV, and even a little dance floor. A side room has fitness equipment and a pool table. We have a laundry room (coin-op), and a courtyard where some of our residents plant vegetable gardens. We also have a secure parking lot for residents. It's very much like a nice apartment building - nothing fancy, but everything you need.

Joyce M204140 June 17, 2016

They always answer the phone and answer all my questions (Rose and Janet). They are courteous and smile. They do regular inspections and take care of any problem we might have. Juan keeps our yards free of litter, and the halls are always clean and vacuumed. The restrooms are cleaned regularly and always have t.p. and towels and soap. Our community room is maintained as well.

Eva L.774334 June 17, 2016

I'm a friend of some residents. It is in a pleasant and very convenient part of town. The staff was very nice. They have free Wi-Fi. They have social workers helping the residents. They also offer many activities. I'm putting in an application too.

Enoch673602 June 14, 2016

Any quality of services that one should expect, even among elderly grumpy and unfulfilled archetype attitude that the staff faces daily are treated with dignity and respect. I rated this establishment 100% plus.

Richard D. Pinkerton013700 June 02, 2016

The services here at Eskaton are exemplary.The administrative staff are attentive to our needs and most of our "wants". They perform professionally, courteously, and with care and compassion. As far as I personally am concerned, the facility is "par excellance" Thank you for allowing are to express my opinion.

About Eskaton Hazel Shirley Manor

Eskaton Hazel Shirley Manor is an independent living community in El Cerrito, CA designed for seniors, normally 55+, who are able to care for themselves and wish to live independently. Contact Eskaton Hazel Shirley Manor for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Location of Eskaton Hazel Shirley Manor