The Springs of El Cajon

444 Prescott Ave, El Cajon, CA, 92020

Reviews of The Springs of El Cajon

Anonymous111067050 July 21, 2015

My wife and I visited The Springs of El Cajon. They showed us the floor plans, and they explained the pricing structure and what was included in the package. They had one-bedroom and two-bedroom apartments, and there was a lot of foregone maintenance. The building needed help. The food was great.

Hi - I'm Katie, I work at Holiday's Home Office. Thank you so much for your sincere review - I've passed your feedback concerning the maintenance at The Springs of El Cajon to our Resident Relations team to document. If you have anything else you'd like to add, please give them a call at 1-800-370-8331. The more sincere feedback we hear from our residents, visitors, and their families, the better we can improve our business, so a sincere thank you once m

Caring106818150 May 14, 2015

We like The Springs of El Cajon very much. It is more conducive of what we would like to have when we go. Their residents don’t need quite as much help when they are in there. We had dinner there, and the food is lovely. They do have activities and programs, and they are right in the city of El Cajon, so they are near the library, and it is very lovely. Their rooms have a large bedroom, a good size living room, a nice bathroom, a little kitchenette area, and plenty of windows which is nice. I would recommend them.

William104437350 April 30, 2015

I moved in to The Springs of El Cajon. The staff are nice, and the people are very friendly. I am satisfied. They do have a little bit of assistance, but it's from the outside. It's strictly independent. My son is only a half an hour away, and that's a plus. I'm in a one-bedroom apartment. I like the overall situation, and the surroundings are nice too.

Peggy43 November 22, 2014

I like The Springs very much as far as the look and the feel of it. It was nice to meet the people there. The gentleman who was our host sat us down at a table with a very nice lady. His father lived there, too, so we sat with him. The dining room was lovely. The apartments were pretty nice. They had quite a few things going on. They invited us back for a luau and another night time activity. They had places all over the United States and Hawaii that you could go to and if you made a reservation, you didn’t pay anything to go there. I thought this was a really fine idea.

Mr C June 11, 2014

We stayed for 4 or 5 days at The Springs of El Cajon. I told them I’m a journalist, and they made me make an article for their newsletter as a freebie. We weren’t planning to stay there, we just wanted to see the what San Diego had to offer. So it was not a candidate for relocation. However, we enjoyed it there. They have a guest room, a library, a dining hall, and some individual activity rooms. We stayed in a room with a queen sized bed, a closet, and a dresser. It also had a television, sofa, and sink. We usually ate our meals there. One of the things there was the public library one block away. We took advantage of two special activities in the library: music and computers. I guess it was satisfactory.

Rhonda9 May 20, 2014

My parents are very happy at The Springs of El Cajon. We can have dinner with them, and everyone was so very nice. We really like this place. It wasn’t as big as the other places. It’s a very homey place, and they also receive three meals a day. The staff were very, very wonderful. The residents came up, and they were very friendly. We just got a really good sense of it being just the right place for them. They have cleaning service once a week. They have bingo and card nights. They actually have several things for the residents to engage in. They also have a community kitchen were you can bring in your meals and bring in the food and cook it with your family. It has been a great experience so far. Also, once a week they a bus out or to doctor's appointments. We had dinner there. They have a regular meal offered, and they also have other foods offered. I like the idea that there is a staff that stays at night. The only thing I wish they have was a swimming pool.

Glenda6 April 22, 2014

Basically, my mom wanted to go to a particular church, and The Springs of El Cajon would take her there. Everybody is very friendly and helpful. They have people who live there. The workers do everything, cleaning the rooms and serving the food. There's a lot of interaction for people who live there and for new people who come in. If there are new people, somebody goes around with them and makes sure they get involved in some of the activities. They make a big deal of introducing new people. In the dining room at lunchtime, they introduce them, saying who they are and where they came from. In addition, they have something going on every day. They have ongoing bingo games, crafts, meeting club that knits or crochets (the community furnishes the materials), and exercise classes. They do 3 meals a day, but for many it's 2 meals. I've eaten there twice. The food was good. It's small, only 100 residents. It's an older building, low kept-up, and a little outdated. I think they need to update furnishing in some of the areas. The chairs in the dining room are already pink; older people like that, but the furnishings aren't modern.

John41 May 14, 2013

We chose The Springs for my mother because my mother-in-law also lived there. It had a courtyard and a restaurant-like dining area where they ordered whatever they wanted. The staff were very good and my mother was happier there. It was a very good place and I would recommend it to others.

From The Springs of El Cajon

The Springs of El Cajon is located in El Cajon, CA, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to The Springs of El Cajon for a visit...and stay!

Features of The Springs of El Cajon

• Hiking trails

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Dining extra: Private dining room