Bluebird Estates

1 Apple Blossom Ln, East Longmeadow, MA, 01028

Reviews of Bluebird Estates

Preston2 November 30, 2015

I was very impressed with Bluebird. The rooms were well kept and well maintained. The staff was accommodating, the meals were good, and the dining area was well decorated.

Mary112328750 August 31, 2015

I was happy with Bluebird Estate as well. It was very nice. It was not quite as large, and not quite as open, but it was nice. The staff was very nice, very caring, and very compassionate. They had something going on every day. They had called me back a couple of times to join them.

Retirement March 26, 2015

These people are very attentive when it comes to getting you to move in. Most of the staff is very nice , the weekly house keepers are great and the dining room staff all nice but upper management unresponsive to needs when it comes to those they might need assistance . Our experience was awful for months because the Management was so unhelpful that my relative moved. Hallways are long for those that might have trouble walking and there is one slow elevator that is very slow. This is expensive for what you get its just an apartment with 3 meals . No medical on call and staff visits to room are included. You need to hire outside help to visit resident if you want someone to check on loved ones. There is no way to get rid of bulk trash and they will not arrange pickup. Secluded and no place to walk to around the apartments .No outside picnic area. It's unfortunate that these over priced places exist solely because there are very few options for elderly people that don't get around like they did at one time. I personally think someone is better off saving a couple thousand a month and getting an apartment and paying someone to come in everyday for a couple hours to help out. It would be less expensive and much more attentive to an individuals needs and also so many areas offer senior centers with rides if someone wanted to have someplace to go and socialize everyday or week. It seems they offer a lot but the reality is very few residents participate in anything they offer and so many just sit in their apartments . Half the seats are empty every meal so very few resident take advantage of 3 meals a day in the dining room many end up after awhile just paying to eat in their apartments. For an active senior with money to burn this might be a good place they can leave and drive someplace but for someone unable to get around it secludes them to much. I recommend you go a few times at different hours and see whats going on.

Hi, I'm Katie, I work at Holiday Retirement's Home Office. I'm sorry to hear that your relative had a negative experience at Bluebird Estates. Since Bluebird Estates is an independent living community, outsourcing any medical assistance is the norm, but unresponsive, unhelpful management is not. I've passed your review onto our Resident Relations department. You're welcome to call them as well at 1-800-370-8331.

Carol8304 July 29, 2014

I loved the Bluebird Estates people. The facility itself was wonderful. The rooms were small, but the one I saw had enough room for a table and chair, and then it was bright; the windows were big. It was beautiful because it was a newer facility. It was really good. It had a lot of common areas, a place to play cards, and a place to watch TV. When I went in, they had a group there singing in the lobby and everybody had come down to hear this live group, and they have live entertainment every week. It was really nice. They had a chef and wonderful array of food. They had PCAs that would get you up in the morning and get you to bed at night. They had a PCA service that worked in the house. She would arrange things for everybody, and they were very nice; I liked them too. It was very affordable. It was about $3,600 to get that apartment, and then you would get so much PCA service per month. Then, they had packages. You could get a $600 or $200 package, that kind of thing.

Doris21 April 11, 2014

I enjoyed my trial stay at Bluebird Estates. The place was clean and meals were fine and tasty. The people were nice. My room looked new, and it's very nice and very clean. It was well-painted, and the furniture was fine. They have different activities. They have card games and yard game type of things. They also have trips and entertainment. The facility is overall good, but the price is too high for me.

Carl7 January 31, 2014

My mother is a current resident of Bluebird Estates. She moved in there last October. We chose this facility because it was the nicest that we could find. We felt that it was the best value. Also it was convenient. My brother is only five minutes away from this facility. The facility is like only five years old, so it's pretty nice. My mother has a one-bedroom unit with hot water, cable TV and electricity all included. There are a variety of activities for their residents. They also have a shuttle service for doctors' appointments. They also allow my mother to have her dog. I think the staff's work ethic is excellent. They had been very accommodating as they moved her from the second floor down to the first floor since she had her surgery. So they're pretty accommodating. Usually there's a fee associated with the move, but they waived that. They have been very good. Food also is excellent.

From Bluebird Estates

Bluebird Estates is located in East Longmeadow, MA, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to Bluebird Estates for a visit...and stay!

Features of Bluebird Estates

• Hiking trails

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Dining extra: Private dining room