The Marquette

5968 Park Lake Rd, East Lansing, MI, 48823

Reviews of The Marquette

Francisco2 December 28, 2014

I felt The Marquette was a little bit less secured for my parents. It was more open and more of an apartment-type complex with a little bit larger living space. The resident manager -- who was relatively new -- the residents seemed to know him, and they seemed to recall him. In terms of memory care facility, I wasn't sure if it was going to be an appropriate place. The dining hall was significantly large. As for activities, they have a bus that would take residents to movies, and they have arts and crafts for residents. So it did seem to have fairly good programming. The Marquette has three levels, and each floor has terraces for the residents. Unfortunately, this facility is in an area where there is a little bit of traffic even though they are set back away from the traffic. They did have some variable size rooms. The bedrooms were a little bit larger, and there was a living room area. One feature of The Marquette which was interesting is that, because they are a national facility, residents are able to go to another community for a period of time.

LovelyLady17 July 25, 2014

We went to The Marquette a couple of times, and what we didn't like about them was that they have live-in managers, and I didn't like the turnover. The staff doesn't have a home to go to for the 2 days they're off, so it's like they're confined to the place all the time. The rooms are 1-bedroom apartments, so they're bigger. I like the Marquette for independent-living. One big plus is they have 3 meals a day, and they have wonderful food there. They have the best food of anywhere I've been.

Caring87027650 June 30, 2014

The Marquette was nice. It was an older building, but it was well kept. I had several lunches there. They had a bar you could come to at 4:00 o'clock for happy hour, and you don't have to drink. You could have coffee if you didn't want whatever else. They celebrated different days and holidays. They had little parties and all that stuff, which was fun. I met some of the people who worked there, and most of them were pleasant. It was OK. It was not cold, and they were not trying to ignore you, they were just busy with their day-to-day jobs, I guess.

Dee14 June 28, 2014

My mother is in The Marquette, and she is the only minority there. She's made plenty of friends. They have a really nice personal assistant who manages her meds and checks on her. It is really a lovely place. The staff is very warm and helpful. Her apartment is very nice, spacious, and comfortable, and it has a microwave and a refrigerator. The food is very tasty, and they have a chef on the premises. They are served breakfast, luncheon and dinner. They have choir, bingo, card games, and they go shopping twice a week.

Lisa76685150 January 31, 2014

The Marquette looked like it would be a good place for my mom. The facility is clean and the rooms were modern and well design. It's efficient. It has a living room, a bedroom, and nice bathroom. The staff are very friendly. I didn’t try the food, but it looked really good. The menu looked like it was very diverse. They have lots of activities for their clients and transportation to different events. They also had specialty services such as they allowed dogs there and they would have to have walkers. They also have services for medication refills. I would recommend them.

From The Marquette

The Marquette is located in East Lansing, MI, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to The Marquette for a visit...and stay!

Features of The Marquette

• Hiking trails

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Dining extra: Private dining room