Independence Village of East Lansing

2530 Marfitt Road, East Lansing, MI, 48823

Contact Now

Reviews of Independence Village of East Lansing

LovelyLady17 July 31, 2014

We visited Independence Village. That place is really big; it has 140 units. I thought it was nice. I know my mom has a friend who lives there and likes it. She doesn't even want to consider it because they're in East Lansing, and she wants to be in West Lansing, but I just wanted her to know some options. The residents seem very friendly there. They have big 1-bedroom apartments just like the other independent places.

Joan7 November 06, 2012

Independence Village is in a great location with a major supermarket and restaurants right next door. The staff also have a transport van that goes to other store locations during the week. There is also local bus service very close. Meals are good if not inspired. There are many interesting activities scheduled for residents to help people get to know each other and enjoy some entertainment. The rooms that I've seen are fairly spacious though not the brightest. They aren't dark but windows don't let in as much light as some other places. The kitchenette is nice especially for people who want a little more independence in their daily food choices or just to enjoy a quiet meal at home. Any assistive help has to be organized and paid for separately which makes it not the best option for folks who need a lot of care though if one spouse is able bodied and one needs assistance, it can be a good compromise place for them to live.

calamnet1 October 30, 2012

I've been in a fair share of facilities like these in the past and love the landscaping they have done in front of the building. It provides a great lookout and view, as well as a quaint and peaceful atmosphere for residents and guests. I have been in other facilities where it just seems too "medical" if that makes any sense. They can always find something to do and have tons of scheduled events throughout the week, or she can interact with other guests just to pass the time. They do offer transportation, which is extremely helpful for when we can't take her to her appointments, which is a rarity, but it is nice to know we can use it whenever we need it. The staff is extremely friendly and easy to get a hold of; we never seem to have any problems seeing her when we visit. I'm actually pretty happy that she's there. Her health is improving and so is her demeanor.

From Independence Village of East Lansing

Independence Village provides affordable high quality retirement living and top flight services in an elegant yet comfortable environment. With services such as weekly housekeeping, maintenance and 24-hour staffing, our community offers residents the freedom to pursue their own interests as well as become involved in the community's activities and scheduled trips.

Independence Village is staffed by caring professionals in every department. Our staff is always eager to accommodate the needs and desires of our residents.

Our expert activity staff works closely with residents to plan a calendar of events to suit everyone's tastes. Trips to theaters, museums and historic sites are regularly planned. In addition, special seminars, lectures and programs are frequently held. Residents are strongly encouraged to offer their suggestions and ideas. There are no limits to the possibilities at Independence Village.

Features of Independence Village of East Lansing