The Forest at Duke

2701 PICKETT ROAD, Durham, NC, 27705

Top nearby Independent Living Communities

Reviews of The Forest at Duke

carrdesign August 28, 2012

I can't say enough good things about The Forest at Duke. It's a fairly large facility, including independent cottages, private rooms, and a hospital type setting. The staff was great, and before the new director stepped in, the old director would know each resident by name. He also recognized and greeted us. I can't say I was too thrilled with the food there, as there wasn't a lot of variety.But the grounds and the buildings were very clean, very well maintained, and they recently built a large new section which is indoors, but resembles an outdoor downtown street with shops and cafes. They sponsor events often, and have activities for residents to participate in, as well. Everyone I met here seemed to have a genuine respect and concern for the residents. I'd recommend the Forest at Duke to anyone who's looking for good care for a loved one or themselves.

Carol4 June 14, 2012

My mom is the one who personally chose The Forest. The deciding factor for her was she wanted to go somewhere were she already knew people. She has friends in this particular facility in Durham. My mom said if she's gonna go to any place it's gonna be this one. She would be happy to be in The Forest at Duke. I once visited this facility and it's actually a very nice place to live. The facility itself is really attractive and all the people are very friendly and warm. You will feel the concern. We're still not sure if she's going to agree to leave her house. We live in Charlotte and my mom is in Durham so she wants to go where she has friends and that happens to be in Durham. The Forest at Duke is a great place to recommend.

About The Forest at Duke

The Forest at Duke is an independent living community in Durham, NC designed for seniors, normally 55+, who are able to care for themselves and wish to live independently. Contact The Forest at Duke for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of The Forest at Duke

Medicare (ratings last updated: 06/16/17)

• Health
  • Overall
  • Quality
  • Medicare Provider Number 345542
  • Ownership Type Non Profit Corporation

• Resident Capacity 4