Durham Regent

3007 Pickett Rd, Durham, NC, 27705

Reviews of Durham Regent

Wayne23 May 11, 2016

My mother in law went to Durham Regent. The location was appropriate, it seemed real clean, well-managed, and it was competitively priced. The rooms are fine, she has a bedroom, living room, and kitchen combination. The dining facility seemed very nice. They have ice cream socials, Bingo, and they have an entertainer come in occasionally. They have a library, some exercise equipment, they have a trivia game, and they take them shopping, once in a while. The staff seemed very dedicated, and there was nothing to complain about at all.

Concerned Son6 May 11, 2016

Durham Regent had cottages detached from the main facility. It was interesting, but on the end, my parents would have to go outside to go to the main facility to have their meals, so we ruled this community out. They do have rooms in the main facility, but they are more expensive. My parents want a two-bedroom. The rooms are nice, but they have a limited number of two-bedrooms. My wife and I had a chance to have lunch there when we checked out the place and the food was good. It cost more than others. The cottages were less costly because you only pay for two meals a day versus three meals a day, but there's the inconvenience of having to walk from your cottage to the main dining area. It is OK when it is a nice weather, but if it was rainy or snowy, it just doesn’t make sense.

Wanda27 May 11, 2016

Durham Regent was very nice. We saw a one-bedroom apartment, cottages, and common area, and all of that was very nice and seemed well maintained. We didn’t see any activities, but we were given a sheet of activities for the month that seemed quite extensive. They have movies, bingo, and exercise class. We saw the dining area in the tour, and it was very nice. It was like in the middle of the building on the third floor, so I thought that was unusual, but it was really nice. You can sit there and look around and see things like an atrium; I like the way it was placed in the building. Cindy was very friendly, very professional, and knew everybody by name. She was very accommodating to us, too. In fact, we did our interview right there in the one-bedroom apartment, so we were able to see it and see how it feels for our mom. Then she took us over to the cottages, and they were very nice. She was very engaging, very knowledgeable, professional and friendly.

LeoDSSUN May 11, 2016

We were very pleased with Durham Regent. The staff was knowledgeable and pleasant.

James123866250 April 24, 2016

Our visit with Durham Regent was good. We dealt with the marketing director who was helpful. My friend was looking at a one-bedroom unit. They had a room with exercise equipment, and it was all a good value for the cost.

anonymous man1 October 28, 2015

Durham Regent seemed fine, and I’m satisfied. The staff and rooms are fine and the food is adequate.

Anonymous114760150 October 28, 2015

Durham Regent was a little rundown and not as clean and neat as the other ones. The carpet seemed dirty and needs to be replaced. However, they had a wide range of activities there, and the staff was great and very helpful.

Caring107481350 May 24, 2015

I lived at Durham Regent for 10 months; it was terrible. The food tasted OK, but it was not good for seniors. It was too salty. It was inappropriate at times. They had regular meetings for feedback, and no matter what you said, nothing ever changed. The room was fine, but the bathroom was not attached to the bedroom. There was no microwave or oven. It was a small apartment size. Also, the key to my door didn't fit the outside door, so when I went out on my patio, I couldn't get back in with my key. The maintenance girl was horrible. The activities were OK for awhile, but then the managers changed a lot, so the activities changed as well. The overall atmosphere was not great. People complained a lot, but nothing ever changed.

Hi, I'm Katie, I'm writing from Holiday Home Office. I'm so very sorry to hear you had a negative experience at Durham Regent. I've sent your feedback on to our Resident Relations department for their review, particularly as it involves food service, maintenance, and the lack of listening. If you have anything to add, you're welcome to call them as well at 1-800-370-8331. Thanks,

Kim106662950 May 13, 2015

I had a good experience during my visit at Durham Regent. Cindy was very friendly and took me on a tour of the facility. It was a good and thorough tour. It was clean, and the rooms were of good size. The dining room was set up for four persons per table with tablecloths. They had a viewing room with a large TV which was good because my dad likes sports as much as I do.

Gina Marie December 10, 2014

The apartments at Durham Regent are excellent. It has three stories. The meals are all inclusive. There is a health care service that you can purchase. The food is excellent. The dining area is beautiful and large, and I think they have a little over 100 or 120 residents on that site. It has a recreation room, a library, an exercise room, an on site church, a beauty parlor, and a small store. They have activities. They are playing Wii bowling, watching movies, and reading.

Caring68109350 February 28, 2014

Durham Regent was very nice. The staff is excellent and extremely helpful. They showed me some rooms. They have bus transportation 3 or 4 times a week to take people to shopping, hairdressers, and doctor's appointments. Transportation is really not a problem. The dining room is very nice with multiple tables for all the guests. The facility was nice and had all kinds of nice stuff. They have their own activity program, too.

Caring73387250 November 22, 2013

Durham Regent is close to where we live. It’s close to all the places my dad needs to go for his follow up appointment. He has a simple apartment. He likes the age group because there are a lot of veterans here. Legacy helps care for the residents. Food is one of the drawback, they don’t serve his diet but he can walk around it. It’s not completely salt free but it’s not a bad diet either. They also serve a good variety of fresh foods to choose from. My dad likes the place.

Rita14 September 25, 2013

I took a tour at Durham Regent and I thought that the place is actually pretty nice. I was looking for my mom and I think this facility is nice. It was very convenient to where she wanted to be and where she is right now, so she wouldn't have to re-learn an area. I really like it.

Betty27 July 11, 2013

Durham Regent, the facility itself, was fine. I was just surprised that there were so many people in wheelchairs, walkers, and canes. They had some cottages where meals were not required, but I was surprised that meals were required and included. The staff was very friendly. As far as the cleanliness, the friendliness, and so forth, they're fine, but it's not what I need right now. I'm just not interested.

purpleMom1 August 21, 2012

Staff were always pleasant and prompt. The building and grounds are very, very nice. Beautiful, modern interiors, very well-maintained individual residences, and professional gardens. The food wasn't very good, but other amenities were excellent. Lots of activities and very active seniors who actually participate and interact with one another, making for a great community. Location was excellent also, as many attractions like zoos and museums are very nearby.
One thing to remember about this place is that they only provide very limited care of the sick. People who live here must be reasonably healthy, and many people are motivated to hide their degenerative illnesses, lest they be asked to leave.

granddaughter61 May 25, 2012

The facility is clean, the rooms are nice, the staff is dedicated and seems to really listen to residents. They especially take care of residents during emergency situations, like power outages, severe cold, or outbreak of influenza. The food is good but not great, and that is the main complaint. There are a lot of activities for residents. It's a nice place to be.

From Durham Regent

Durham Regent is located in Durham, NC, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to Durham Regent for a visit...and stay!

Features of Durham Regent

• Housing extra: Cottages

• Hiking trails

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Dining extra: Private dining room