5 Independent Living Communities in Durham County, NC
The average cost of independent living in Durham County is $1,874 per month. This is lower than the national median of $2,553. Cheaper nearby regions include Chatham with an average starting cost of $1,700.
To help you with your search, browse the 80 reviews below for independent living communities in Durham County. On average, consumers rate independent living in Durham County 3.7 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Wake with an average rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 25 families in Durham County find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about independent living options and costs in Durham County, call (855) 863-8283.
Browse Independent Living by city: Independent Living in Durham
Other Senior Care in Durham County, NC
- Continuing Care Retirement Communities in Durham County, North Carolina
- Assisted Living in Durham County, North Carolina
- In-Home Care in Durham County, North Carolina
- Nursing Homes in Durham County, North Carolina
- Adult Day Care in Durham County, North Carolina
- Home Health Agencies in Durham County, North Carolina
Independent Living near Durham County, NC
- Independent Living in Wake County, North Carolina
- Independent Living in Chatham County, North Carolina
- Independent Living in Alamance County, North Carolina
- Independent Living in Moore County, North Carolina
- Independent Living in Guilford County, North Carolina
- Independent Living in Rockingham County, North Carolina
Recent Reviews of Independent Living in Durham
Review of Durham Regent
My mother chose Durham Regent because the apartments were a little bigger than the other place she saw and because it has a homey feeling. The staff and the residents are friendly. The food is good... Read more
Review of Emerald Pond
Emerald Pond was very clean and very beautiful, but the apartments were small. I liked it the best, but it wasn't my decision. The place was up-to-date and modern. The pond out front was gorgeous, ... Read more
Review of Durham Regent
Durham Regent was clean and had a nice appearance. The atmosphere was good. The people were friendly. Overall, it was a good impression. Parking was good but a little tight. The staff who gave me t... Read more
Independent Living Checklist: What to Look for, What to Ask
Nursing Home, Assisted Living, or Independent Living?
The first step to finding the best senior housing for your loved one is to understand what type of care facility is the best fit. There are six main types of residential elder care options: ...
Independent Living or Assisted Living?
Independent Living Costs Explained
How to Pay for Independent Living
3 Ideas to Help Afford Independent Living
The cost of [independent living facilities](https://www.caring.com/local/independent-living "Independent Living Directory") varies widely, depending on what's offered and where. Options range from ...