5 Independent Living Communities in Durham County, NC
The average cost of independent living in Durham County is $1,836 per month. This is lower than the national median of $2,501. Cheaper nearby regions include Chatham with an average starting cost of $1,700.
To help you with your search, browse the 73 reviews below for independent living in Durham County. On average, consumers rate independent living in Durham County 3.7 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Wake with an average rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 32 families in Durham County find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about independent living options and costs in Durham County, call (855) 863-8283
Browse Independent Living by city: Independent Living in Durham.
Other Senior Care in Durham County, NC
- Continuing Care Retirement Communities in Durham County, North Carolina
- Assisted Living in Durham County, North Carolina
- In-Home Care in Durham County, North Carolina
- Nursing Homes in Durham County, North Carolina
- Adult Day Care in Durham County, North Carolina
- Home Health Agencies in Durham County, North Carolina
Independent Living near Durham County, NC
- Independent Living in Wake County, North Carolina
- Independent Living in Chatham County, North Carolina
- Independent Living in Alamance County, North Carolina
- Independent Living in Moore County, North Carolina
- Independent Living in Guilford County, North Carolina
- Independent Living in Rockingham County, North Carolina
Recent Reviews of Independent Living in Durham
Review of Durham Regent
My sister moved into Durham Regent. It has a friendly atmosphere, and it's easy to navigate. The dining room, library, game room, and beauty parlor are in the center along the elevator. They offer ... Read more
Review of Emerald Pond
We visited Emerald Pond. I liked the way it looked on the setting of the lake. They had more activities, but they were more expensive. The staff was good. They have the usual bingo, card games, poo... Read more
Review of Durham Regent
Durham Regent was good and very friendly. The apartments were lovely, clean, and neat. They had activities, like meetings, ping pong, crafts, and so on. There was a library, a chapel, and a TV room. Read more
Independent Living Checklist: What to Look for, What to Ask
Nursing Home, Assisted Living, or Independent Living?
The first step to finding the best senior housing for your loved one is to understand what type of care facility is the best fit. There are six main types of residential elder care options: ...
Q&A: Independent Living or Assisted Living?
Independent Living Costs Explained
You're in good company if the thought of moving into an independent senior living community tempts you from time to time, but you dismiss it with the thought that it's out of your reach financially...
How to Pay for Independent Living
3 Ideas to Help Afford Independent Living
The cost of [independent living facilities](https://www.caring.com/local/independent-living "Independent Living Directory") varies widely, depending on what's offered and where. Options range from ...