Brookdale University Park Denver, CO

Reviews of Brookdale University Park | Denver, CO

Overview of Ratings

4.4

December 27, 2013

Heritage Club was beautiful. With regards to location, even though it was in the populated section of the town, it was still quiet there. It was also close enough to casual shopping area. Heritage Club has a park outside. They also have casual living places like mini living rooms and sitting areas around. They also have a little coffee bistro in the lobby. Their residents are very independent but I did not see a lot of them engaged in group activities.

October 23, 2012

By pamtoucan

My experience when I visited Heritage Club was good. I found the facilities very nice and well maintained. I like that they offer both a variety of options for families so you can figure something out for your specific situation. Heritage seemed to offer a ton of activities that I know my mother would enjoy, there is basically something happening all of the time so you don't need to worry about boredom. All of the staff that I met when I was there were incredibly nice and helpful. They were able to walk me through all of the options and it never felt like a hard sell. I like that the staff seemed to really engage with the residents and seemed to enjoy their jobs. One of the biggest perks for my family is Heritage is located right off of I-25 and Evans which makes it really easy to get there for visits. Heritage is one of the first places I have visited but I was honestly really impressed with what I saw.

June 21, 2011

By An Eldercare LPN

When you walk in the door of Heritage Club, you get the real impression they are trying to fill the rooms that are immediately visible with the residents who need the least care. This is misleading. There is really only one wellness nurse for 37 residents, so the fact is that those who need more than just help with medications may risk being overlooked. There are good and engaging activities for people with severe memory impairment, but not much for others"”and little attempt to offer any stimulation for individual residents. For example, I had a client there who was blind, who said he was very lonely all day"”and the staff took little time to visit with him. He also liked to feel the sun on his face, but there is no outside place to sit or walk at Heritage Club. This is too bad for all the residents, since the weather in Colorado is often good, but many have no real way to enjoy that or to get fresh air. There are also few male residents and little attempt to engage them in fitting activities; women residents seem to have it a bit easier, since they tend to socialize more. The food is good"”presented well and available at any time. But the atmosphere and the way it is served is more similar to a nursing home, with people sitting alone fending for themselves rather than encouraged to engage with the staff or one another. One positive thing about the location is that it's on a good bus route. But there are few necessities such as a Post Office nearby, and the surrounding streets have become busy. The individual rooms are large, which can be good for many people. But there seem to be no good housekeeping services to pick up the clutter, so that can be dangerous and overwhelming. The bedroom in the individual units is too far from the bathrooms for those who have limited mobility. The common areas look good are well maintained and nicely appointed. The cost is from $4,000 to $7,000 per month.

Let Us Search For You

Save Stress

Photos of Brookdale University Park

Features of Brookdale University Park

About Brookdale University Park

Brookdale University Park provides our residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each assisted living and Alzheimer's care resident the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the proper lifestyle and care accommodations as their needs change.

Map of Brookdale University Park