Brookdale Tamarac Square

8030 East Girard Ave., Denver, CO, 80231

Top nearby Independent Living Communities

Reviews of Brookdale Tamarac Square

mountainview October 28, 2013

My daughter and I visited Oakhurst. I want to be closer to my family and to the excellent medical care available in Denver. We were treated to an excellent lunch and a lovely tour of the entire facility with Jennie Patton. Jennie answered all of my questions. We were very impressed. I will be moving to Oakhurst. Thank you.

Anne28 October 13, 2013

Right now, I'm included in Oakhurst Towers' waiting list. I think it was an older facility but I like everything about it. Firstly, it was convenient in terms of location to my daughter's home. Secondly, I like the friendliness of the people there. With regards to staff, the person who showed us around this facility was knowledgeable. I saw an apartment there and it's size was good. It was well situated. The price was good for my budget.

James41 August 28, 2013

My mom is currently staying in Oakhurst Towers. She has only moved in last week but so far she is very happy there. She likes this facility a lot. We chose this facility for her firstly because of the layout of the rooms. It is very functional and a little bit bigger. There is no wasted space. There are a lot of nice wall space for furniture and pictures. They're generally nice rooms. My mom has a one-bedroom apartment with nice closet, full kitchen and full-size appliances. Secondly, it was because of the overall feel for the people and the good quality of care they were giving to their residents that this facility was decided upon. It is not a medical care facility, it is just senior living, but the people are very nice, helpful, friendly and very caring. In terms of the activities there, there is an activity calendar and it seems that they have activities everyday and every weekend. They have a lot of board games, sign-ups about trips and exercise classes, etc. With regards to food, I didn't get a chance to eat there but the menus look great. They are serving like upscale steak, fish, salmon, and chicken. Also the dining room looks nice, well-staffed and well set-up.

Bobbye1 August 22, 2013

The staff at Oakhurst Towers were accommodating, friendly and helpful. I really liked the living arrangements. They had a lot of activities like bingo, movie night and even outside activities. They went to mountains or ate dinner outside the facility. Even if it was an independent living facility, they served food and it was very good. However, I did not like that there was no washer and dryer in the room, but they had a very nice laundry room not too far from the apartments.

caring1491 April 18, 2013

The Oakhurst Towers looked very nice, it was very beautiful, and it seemed a very secure place. It's a big building and it's like living in a hotel. I didn't get to meet a lot of the staff, but those that I did meet were all very nice and friendly. I had lunch there and the food was okay. But I can't afford it and I don't want to go in yet.

Jdeatherage July 05, 2012

My father had a hard time adjusting to the new apartment but eventually liked it. He made some very good friends there too. The facility was fairly helpful when we held his 80th birthday party there last year. The front desk staff was always helpful and cheerful. One problem though was that sometimes it was hard to get into the gate because the staff member couldn't operate the system. It was also very nice that we were able to switch his apartment from 4th floor to the ground floor due to the change in his physical abilities. It was a beautiful space on the ground floor, which I know he would have loved. However, he died unexpectedly after several weeks in the hospital before he could actually enjoy the apartment. The dining room looked very nice and people seemed to enjoy the meals. Overall, I think Oakhurst Towers does a decent job taking care of the residents there.

From Brookdale Tamarac Square

Brookdale Tamarac Square provides a full range of choices for today's seniors. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. Our Brookdale community delivers Inspired Independent Living, with the promise of Exceptional Experiences Everyday. In choosing this community, our residents have made a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver enhanced opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through the exceptional services, amenities and opportunities we offer.

Our Optimum Life® and Celebrations programs provide an all-encompassing way of life that touches our residents, their families and associates alike. Optimum Life® is a journey of self-discovery including services, features and benefits that allow each resident to pursue their peak level of health, wholeness and fulfillment while balancing six key dimensions of personal wellness: emotional, intellectual, physical, social, spiritual and purposeful. As part of Optimum Life® we encourage our residents to celebrate life each day. Inspired dining, with fresh meals prepared by chefs trained in our own Culinary Arts Institute, and vibrant lifestyle activities come together in our Celebrations program. These activities fill the monthly calendar with themed experiences, special events and group activities highlighting different cultures and cuisines in a common venue of camaraderie.

Location of Brookdale Tamarac Square