The Horizon Club | Independent Living

1208 South Military Trail, Deerfield Beach, FL, 33442

Top nearby Independent Living Communities

Reviews of The Horizon Club | Independent Living

Easy13 September 15, 2014

I absolutely love this facility ! Everything and more is at this facility...my mother is so happy here and enjoys everything they have to offer...she loves the food and the entertainment and the staff that works here...everyone is so friendly and approachable that it makes it a joy to live here she told us. The independent living apt is so roomy and beautifully done up with new carpet and granite in the kitchen and bathroom. She has a beautiful balcony overlooking the trees that she loves to sit on and also extra storage on the balcony. I searched out a lot of places and the horizon club is number one ! Hands down !!!

Caring85600750 May 20, 2014

I went to the Horizon Club, and the visit was fine. Their price is starting about $2100. They have a nice pool. They have a doctor who visits the facility. It has Wi-Fi in the building. They have a computer room which you could go into. They have beautiful grounds and a beautiful dining room. I don’t eat meat, and it's a good thing that they have fish on the menu every day. This is a fabulous facility. It's number one on my list. It looks like you are living in a hotel.

LuckyLinzi January 31, 2014

I was in the Horizon Club. It was a marvelous place. It was like going to a Caribbean hotel. The grounds were phenomenal. They had a spa and they had their own pharmacy for anything you wanted. If they didn't have it in the little pharmacy, they would bring it in, so you didn't have to go out. They had everything you would want to have in a facility. There were crystal chandeliers in the dining room. The food was literally to die for. Also if you like something, you could ask for it to take home for later on. I would absolutely recommend this facility. I had a three-room apartment. I had a washer-dryer, a full equipped kitchen, a beautiful screen-covered lanai and a storage room. The staff was beautiful. Their work ethic was wonderful. They had a bus that took us out to eat or for scenic trips here and there. Of course they would take you to the doctor if you need a doctor. They have anything that you want to have in terms of activities. They would have dance parties and birthday parties. They would have special entertainment coming in all the time. They have a real great budget for activities. There was a huge activity room where there was bingo, blackjack, bunco, poker, etc. They also had an auditorium for the residents.

Lisa44 November 20, 2013

The Horizon Club was the one that we all really like. It was spacious. Everything looked new and shiny. They have beautiful gardens all throughout the community. For each area of each building, they have a set of gardens. Then they also have a big lake. It is pet friendly facility so you can take your dog and walk around the lake. There were residents sitting outside on this type of chair swing. They were talking and laughing. The director knew all the residents by name and talked to them at length. The dining room was exquisite. It was also spacious.

It was just like a five-star restaurant. I mean, they have linens and silver. They have a beautiful calm music playing. It just has a lovely atmosphere. They also have many activities. They have cocktail hours twice a month. There are lots of times for people to socially engage and be with one another. They have on every floor a common room where people can go and meet, play cards, watch movies or read a book. They even have a room for sewing activities. I just really like that a lot. Also another thing that is nice about The Horizon Club is that if you feel like you need more help, they have people that will come in that take care of you and visit with you.

Caring Guy2 August 28, 2013

I think The Horizon Club is a well laid-out facility with good furniture, etc. It is also of a pretty good size. It seems like they have lot of things to do for their residents. Overall, it is a nice place to live; however, it is too expensive for me.

Caring562 July 23, 2012

It was a great experience for my mom when she was at The Horizon Club. It's a beautiful place plus the view outside. They have a scenic view landscape. All the staff and people are very helpful. I could say that the quality of the food is something to admire. They were all nice. A good place to recommend to others.

whizkid September 29, 2011

Overall my experience was a very good one at the Horizon Club. The first thing that strikes you is the shear size of the building. For all of the residents at the Horizon Club they are equally well staffed. You never seem to find yourself wondering the halls looking for someone to give you help and the best part is the staff is not bothered by strange requests. At some living facilities the staff get annoyed quite easily when you try to seek there help for something which you cannot do yourself. Furthermore the quality of food here is something to admire, far away from your traditional cafeteria setting these people at the Horizon club go above and beyond to make sure these seniors are getting good nutrition. This of course is important to there physical and mental well being knowing that the people who work at Horizon club generally care about the residents.

From The Horizon Club

The Horizon Club is a resort-style, independent and assisted living community that offers compassionate senior care in Deerfield Beach, Florida. If you can live independently but would like the security of having extra needs taken care of, then our Independent Living is for you. Our Assisted Living program is based on a detailed care plan that we design for each resident that includes assistance with bathing, dressing, laundry and housekeeping. Our warm, well-trained staff works closely with each resident to create a home-like atmosphere. As part of Five Star Senior Living, everyone at The Horizon Club shares the Five Star Values, and is committed to a high level of caring in all that they do. Please schedule a visit to see why we are the best choice for senior care in Deerfield Beach, Florida.

Location of The Horizon Club