The Regency House

341 Winn Way, Decatur, GA, 30030

Reviews of The Regency House

October 13, 2016

By Sally153637

We’re actually living at The Regency House. It has helped my husband a great deal. We have the usual little things with the staff. Like some weeks, housekeeping doesn’t come, and it is usually because our housekeeper is sick, but I don’t understand why that keeps us from housekeeping. The food is OK. The place is pretty nice. It has been a very difficult adjustment for me, but it has really helped my husband a lot. We have only been here since December, but the management has changed 2 or 3 times. Most of our concerns are taken care of pretty quickly, but I don’t think any place could do any better.

August 22, 2016

By Thelma540726

The Regency was very nice and very clean. Even the dining room was clean. The food was good. I went into one of the one-bedroom apartments, and it was very small. It was a very large place that had a lot of activities and entertainment. When I went there, they had a musical show that was very nice.

December 31, 2015

By Sylvia21

We did visit The Regency House and we were very pleased. The people that were interviewing us were very warm. It was clean and the people seemed to be happy there. The set up itself was very nice. I have 3 boys and its location is convenient to all of them.

December 29, 2015

By Caring Sister4

We visited The Regency House before my sister passed away. The staff didn't know that my sister and I were coming to look at the property. Even though they had a temporary management team there, no one was available for the appointment. I was disappointed with their lack of management. The rooms and apartments seemed to be of good sizes, but they could use an update, especially with the paint and carpeting. The residents were eating lunch at the time we visited. I saw on the board that they had some outings and games, such as bingo and puzzles, planned for the residents.

September 30, 2015

By D. Bowman

We were very pleased with the amenities that were available at the Regency House. Ideal location, the rooms were nice, and the food was good. Unfortunately, my mother-in-law didn't qualify because she was not able to meet the cost. They provide exercise and entertainment facilities, transportation, food, room cleaning, and linen changing. It's a complete senior independent facility.

August 09, 2015

I like The Regency House a lot. It's clean and beautiful, and my mother likes it, so that's enough for me. I've eaten with her, and it was good. I saw they pass a big ball around, they do weights and bingo, and those were all that I saw. The people were nice -- the waiters, housekeepers, everything.

May 01, 2015

I liked The Regency House when I went there for a visit. They have apartments, but my husband wasn’t so sure about the place. The staff was very helpful. They showed us around the facility and explained what to expect. Their dining room was set up beautifully for the residents.

February 10, 2015

The Regency House staff is cool. They have a separate health entity. Even if you lived there and you needed health coverage, you have to go to a separate company that is housed in that facility there. They have a nice spot -- a nice TV room with books and stuff. There is a lobby area with a fireplace. They seem to have activities almost daily. It looked nice, and the people seem to be nice. The food was good, and the dining facility is nice. They kind of did it like a restaurant style. The people are dressed like waiters and waitresses, and they come and offer one of three entrees.

November 05, 2014

I liked The Regency House a lot, but the disadvantage was it has a lot of independent-living, and assisted-living was not available there. You had to contract with some agency outside their facility. It seemed older, but I like the larger rooms. It had a garden outside. One of their apartments I looked at had a balcony which I like because I like to look at the birds. The food was fine; you had some choices. The staff seemed fine to me. What stood out to me was the lively conversation that was going on in the dining room. There were a lot of elderly people there, but they were active. They had established a newsletter that goes out every week and they did it themselves. They had all kinds of activities. They thought to involve the clients.

September 24, 2014

We had a good visit at The Regency House. The facility was clean. The director was very nice, very knowledgeable and seemed to know a lot about elderly care, dementia patients in particular. They invited us for lunch, and we had lunch there. They were having a Hawaiian luau and they decorated the place in a Polynesian theme. They served chicken with pineapple and they also had different choices in the menu. I was surprised because the residents weren't just served with one thing, they could choose from a couple of different items. The food was presented well and it was very tasty. We participated in one of their social activities where they had someone singing oldies songs. The place seemed very alive, and there were a lot of social activities going on. The residents seemed to be happy.

August 14, 2014

We went to the Regency House to visit it and have lunch. The food was good. The staff was very nice. If my mom were to change her mind, that is the one she was wanting to go to. They had bingo. They had art classes and stuff that my mom was interested in.

May 30, 2014

By Tom84436050

I went to The Regency House for a visit, and the place was nice, but it's just not for me. The staff were great. They were very polite, informative, and very pleasant. I couldn't ask for more. Their apartments were clean and well lit. It had a fairly good amount of sunlight. It is going to be repainted before the next occupant goes in. It was all in good condition, and I couldn't think of anything negative about it.

March 27, 2014

By Earl5

I was very satisfied with The Regency House. I liked its location. The staff was good. The rooms were also good. We had lunch there. The food and the dining area were both good.

November 28, 2013

The personnel at The Regency House seemed to be concerned about the situation that my mother is in and they have all the right answers. They are very helpful, friendly and very attentive. The rooms are small but nice. They have everything she needs. I have several meals there and the food is good. They have activities for every person. They have bingo, arts and crafts, outings, aerobics, movie nights and so many other things. The facility is a little pricey. If the price is a little cheaper, that will help.

November 28, 2013

By Marhall

The Regency House was a mixed and active community with lots of people in there and that was the thing that I like about it. They have a whole list of activities for their residents. The facility is located in a suburban town, so all their needs are around the corner basically. They have beautiful landscaping there. Their rooms were larger, the staff was really courteous and the food was good. My aunt liked this one better than the other facility.

August 15, 2013

By Lucy10

I was just giving a friend of mine a reference for The Regency House because I have visited this place last December. I liked that facility very much. The location was great. At the time of my visit there, they had decorated the place for the season and it was very beautiful. They had gardens all around for people to walk around. There was an opportunity for their residents to plant and they can have their own little garden there. It was good that they had that kind of activity. The staff was very nice and they were wonderful people. The Regency House was just an excellent place.

Photos of The Regency House

Features of The Regency House

• Minimum Rate: $2024/month

• Dining Extra: Private Dining Room

• Hiking Trails

About The Regency House

The Regency House is located in Decatur, GA, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to The Regency House for a visit...and stay!

Map of The Regency House