Whiterock Court

9215 White Rock Trl, Dallas, TX, 75238

Reviews of Whiterock Court

Richard123660350 April 25, 2016

Whiterock Court was nice, but they lied on the price. When the chef says you can't have so much food, why would I want to go there? There are two garbage bins on the right side, and parking on the other side. They could put in two elevators, not just one.

Claudia21 March 09, 2016

I was at Whiterock and spoke with a nice gentleman who was there. The place was quite nice in a wooded area. I saw their dining area, and everything looked very comfortable, very clean, and hygienic. I did not see any security people, but the place looked very secure and nice; it has to be secure because it’s not easy to get to.

John109511850 June 29, 2015

I went to visit Whiterock Court. I had lunch with them, and it was very good. The facilities were very clean, very nice, very appropriate, and very inviting. The people I met were welcoming and friendly. They impressed me very much. I think they were very good. I would recommend it to anybody.

Caring104982650 January 24, 2015

My son is living in Whiterock Court now. Whiterock Court is very good. I would give you an excellent recommendation for it. Everything there is very good. The food is good. The people who look after you are good. The maid service is good. The entire organization is good. I would recommend it highly.

Caring81658350 April 30, 2014

My dad was at Whiterock Court for two weeks. They told us that they give transportation from their facility to anywhere within the 10 mile radius. They said they have buses capable of transporting my dad, but they didn?t. The quality of food went down tremendously because I believe they lost their chef. There is no mention of breakfast starting at 8 to 9, but he had to be in a full dress attire. If you go down in your pajamas or sweat pants, the staff would tell you to go up and change or you would not be allowed to have meals. I think it could be more helpful if they could be more transparent about what they can truly offer for a resident.

Caring52100450 April 30, 2014

We really enjoyed our visit at White Rock Court with my son. The people we talked to were very nice. I'm so disabled I have to walk with a walker, so I'm not going to be doing much activity, like exercising. I'm 81 years old. The apartments that I've seen were pretty large. We like a large apartment, too. There were two floors and I like that it's big enough. It all looked very nice. We were very much impressed.

Ted3 February 01, 2014

I'm moving into Whiterock Court by the end of the month. It's closer to my family. It was a little high, but it was lower than some of the other places I looked at. I dealt with one person who was very helpful. I could tell that all the people who waited in the dining area were very friendly, kind and helpful. They serve 3 meals a day, have exercise classes, library, and good transportation provision to doctors and stores. There are lot of interaction among the residents playing bridge, and dominoes. I like everything that I was exposed to. They were very kind.

Caring9512850 January 31, 2014

I had my brother spent a week with me in Whiterock and it wasn't appropriate for him. That's more of a retirement center and what he needed was a nursing home really. The person that talked to us about using the facility for him assured me that they could take care of all his needs. She also insisted that one of us stayed with him for a week until he got adjusted. The facility was very nice and very clean, the people were very friendly, and the food was wonderful, but they had no other services. My brother had a nurse that come into the home and we did get that service started during the week I was there, but I still had to help him bathe, help him eat, etc. He fell in the lunch room once and they had to call the fire department to get him up. It was a total nightmare. I really felt like they knew that he couldn't manage there, but we're so enthusiastic about having him there and the services they could provide that we decided to give it a try. However, after a week, I knew he couldn?t manage on his own. It was a very nice facility for a retired person that had no disability of any kind. I would even like to live there myself under those conditions but it was totally inappropriate for my brother. Once I talked to the manager and told him how inappropriate I thought it was and he agreed because he had seen the fall in the dining hall, they did return all the money, which is a plus.

Regarding accommodations, my brother had a one-bedroom and he had his own bath. It also had a very small kitchen. There was no stove but there was a microwave and a living room area that was a continuation of the kitchen area. They said that they will provide furniture until we're sure that we're going to stay and they brought in a bed. I'm about 5 feet tall and I would say this bed had at least 3-1/2 to 4 feet tall mattress. I had to really work to get on the bed. He is short as I am, so I said that he can' do this. So they brought in a folding bed with a very thin mattress that was not appropriate but he slept on it for a week. As for their food, it was really good. They did have a nice variety. There were three meals a day and the service was wonderful. It was like being in an upscale restaurant. However, when he fell, I had to bring the food up to his room. For activities, during that week, I was aware of very little in the way of a program. They announced every morning that there was exercise in a room. However, they just came in and put on a video and then you just follow along. They had a program where someone was playing a piano and a group was singing along to kind of old-fashioned songs. Those were the only things I saw in the way of entertainment.

Caring73933550 November 28, 2013

Whiterock Court was really nice and I enjoyed the surroundings. The apartments were really nice. The staff that I met were friendly, but the residents weren’t in my energy level. It was more than assisted living rather than a retirement community and I don’t need assisted living.

Debbie49 October 24, 2013

Whiterock Court was a very nice and clean facility. I liked that its location was more in a residential neighborhood and had lots of big trees around. It seemed really peaceful and quiet.

The staff spent a lot of time with me, answering all my questions and showing me around. I ate lunch there and there I saw that the residents seemed to be very happy and enjoying themselves. They were talking with each other and interacting. The staff went around and talked to the residents. The food was good and you had a couple other options also if there was something you didn't like. The dining area was very cheerful and well-maintained. The tables were set very nicely with nice silverware and plates.

Anne27 September 23, 2013

Mom is now at Whiterock Court and it is a regular retirement Center. She sings in the choir and is a member of their coral. They do concert and other activities. They do take them out to eat with their bus and my mother enjoys that, but their bus is not a handicap accessible bus. Considering almost half of their residents are on walkers or scooters they should have made some provisions. She needs a little extra help so we are looking into a lady coming in and helping her.

Caring67370650 August 15, 2013

The total price includes three meals a day. These three meals are fixed from scratch by a chef so it's better than other institutional food. If you use their linen, they wash the linen once a week. They do light housekeeping as well including vacuuming and cleaning the bathroom. They also furnish toilet tissue. The electricity is included in the price as well as the water, trash and basic cable. As far as I know, everything has been top notch from the managers all the way to the servers. Everyone I've heard anything about has been very helpful.

caring4219 July 11, 2013

I've been living in Whiterock for several months. It's real nice and the people are very nice and professional. They serve three meals a day and my apartment is cleaned every week. We have physical exercises in the exercise rooms and places where they play domino and bridge, and we can use the computer. I also have a balcony outside my room so I can sit outside. There are sidewalks for walking and the premises are very pretty and they look like a park.

commercesd June 14, 2012

The Whiterock Court assisted living facility in the Dallas region was one of the places we saw while looking in the area for my brother's friend. The property is located very near the lovely White Rock Lake.

We really thought the stately building had a quaint motor inn feel to it. The trees and surrounding hills were quite picturesque. The grounds exterior was designed like a hotel or resort, with many nice areas to enjoy outdoors. The lobby was clean and fresh with very nice staff to greet us.

The dining room was quite nice, with plenty of space under expansive ceilings. The meal menus all had healthy food options for all kinds of diets. The food we saw looked and smelled delicious. Healthy snacks are offered all day and into the evening, as well as whenever residents request them.

Their library was impressive, with many good books and games. They also offer Internet access. The fitness center had well maintained equipment and ample rooms, including daily classes. Residents may also safely navigate the lovely grounds with adequate supervision as necessary.

The living spaces were generous, with several different floor plans to choose from. Each unit included kitchens, plenty of closet space, nice sized bedrooms and the screened balconies were a nice added touch, so that residents could go outside any time they liked, which the mild Dallas weather usually permits.

Since it is very close to the city, it is convenient to the best parts of the urban environment, such as book events and readings and the arts, for museums, galleries, film and theater.

This is a well designed and full service senior community with attentive staff and plenty of interesting things to do, with kind and caring staff to assist as necessary.

From Whiterock Court

Whiterock Court is located in Dallas, TX, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to Whiterock Court for a visit...and stay!

Features of Whiterock Court

• Hiking trails

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Dining extra: Private dining room