Treemont Dallas

5550 Harvest Hill Road, Dallas, TX, 75230

Reviews of Treemont Dallas

Caring112428250 September 30, 2015

Treemont was dark and dreary.

Caring108726050 June 26, 2015

I like Treemont because it has everything that I needed. The staff seems very good. So far I'm very happy with it. Right now, it seems really good. The room is fine. The price is really good too. They would cook for you, and food seems to be OK. However, the only thing I am not impressed with is the food selection. They seemed to rave about the food like it was 5-star, but I could not see it. I've been to a 5-star restaurant, and these were not in that caliber.

Garry3 April 19, 2015

Treemont is a nice place, but it’s more for independent-living. There is more of a professional level clientele. It’s an older building; their food is good. There were a lot of choices for activities; they had bingo, movie nights, some hobby time, and get-togethers. I would recommend it for independent-living certainly.

Kristy2 November 27, 2014

We chose Treemont for my dad because we were really pleased with it and to me, when you walked in it was almost like it gave you a homey feeling versus some of the others that we have visited. Also, to be honest, it was also a financial thing. Their staff is wonderful and everyone we've met has been very, very friendly, and they are very helpful. We've had different occasions where I was trying to get my dad set up so he can go and see his wife at Christmas time, and they are just great. They are very helpful with little things -- like I had them coming to do his carpet in his room and they come and clean his place once a week and they are all very, very helpful. He's got his own one-bedroom apartment type thing, but there is no kitchen. It has a little living area, a bedroom, a nice walk-in closet, and a nice little place for him to put his actual dresser. The kitchen is just a sink, a refrigerator, and a microwave, which is just perfect for him. They feed him three meals a day; he goes down there and eat which has been wonderful. He has been very pleased with the food. They have weekly trips to Walmart and the grocery stores, and they also have a weekly trip where they kind of decide where everybody wants to go, and they'll take them to do something like museums or stuff like that. They've got a lot of church things, they have what they call a little happy hour two nights a week where they just all get together in snacks, and they have somebody there that normally just plays music for them and they can dance. They just have all kinds of activities, all kinds of arts and crafts, but they also got a library with the computers and stuff like that. There are lots of trees around, they have areas where they can go outside and sit, little garden areas, and they have little gazebos.

Caring95616850 September 26, 2014

I think Treemont was really the best facility in town, it is an older facility but it’s well-maintained. They’re extraordinarily flexible and they have a very caring staff. I like the location as it easy for me and my brother to be there. I think the food was fine, and it’s a good balance between industrial food and good food. The food in any kind of facility like that was never going to be fabulous, and that we compromised on that by keeping foods in her apartment and then I took her out to eat every week.

Caring0255 February 28, 2014

Treemont Retirement Community had skilled nursing, assisted living and independent living. It was right around the corner where I lived. My previous experiences were wonderful with the independent living area. It was apartment style accommodation but they took their meals in the dining room. There were a lot of entertainment, activities and outings.

Regina5 January 31, 2014

Treemont has both independent and assisted living. They also have like a hospital wing as well. Their independent living was set up a little bit more like a hotel. It was independent living but it wasn't set up like apartment complex. It was more like a hotel: all the rooms were sort of down the hall from each other. They were a lot of different floors so that it was a little confusing to find your way around. The rooms were very nice but they were smaller. Overall, it didn't give an independent living feeling for my mother. It felt more like an assisted living facility. Also their kitchenette area was very different. They didn't have a stove. So they didn't offer the same amenities as the other location. We did try the food and it was good. Also the dining area was a clean, neat, and nice orderly place. The staff was excellent. They were incredibly nice and very kind. They spent a lot of time with us and answered all our questions. They were wonderful. I would definitely recommend this place to others.

Caring67399050 December 17, 2013

Treemont has been around for a long time and it is extremely well run. It doesn't have a huge hall, but it is still a very fine facility. It is in a nice neighborhood and I also know a number of people that move there. Their rooms are nice. The food is really good. They do have bingo, arts and painting, arts and crafts, etc. They also take trips to various places in the city so people are able to go to certain concerts and things like that. They will even arrange to take you to the doctors.

timdallas3 December 13, 2013

I have a friend who has lived at Treemont for 8 years. It's the happiest senior living residence I've ever seen! It's an independent living place, but there are some accommodations made for special needs. The food is delicious (I especially like that there are 2 choices at lunch and supper, and an "all-the-time" menu if you don't like the entree offerings), their Friday happy hours are a hoot, and it's spotless!. I'm moving to Treemont next year when I turn 68. This is one of the oldest communities in the city, and they've got great living down to a science.

Caring1010131 October 18, 2013

My mother is at Treemont Nursing. She's diabetic and has severe dementia. As her disease progresses, she's lost interest in eating and she doesn't really know how to eat anymore or how to feed herself, so it requires a lot of coaxing and feeding her directly. And because of the diabetes, obviously, there are a lot of blood sugar issues when she doesn't eat. Then the next thing you know her blood sugar is 20.

They've had some challenges in giving her insulin and maybe not remembering that she needs assistance eating dinner. I think depending on who's on staff, they sort of forget. Of course, they have other things to do as well besides personally feeding my mother. But unfortunately, that is the level of care that she needs.

Linda70720650 October 13, 2013

I had a friend at Treemont Retirement Community. She liked it there and she was happy. Her room had two bedrooms but it was small. There was a garden in the facility. The food was delicious.

Chris29 October 04, 2013

My father has been at Treemont for over six months. The facility is very nice. The staff and the residents were nice. They have a lot of activities planned that the residents can choose. My dad is in a one-bedroom apartment with living, bathroom, and a kitchen room; more size than he needs. I like the location of the facility and the value.

Jane33 July 31, 2013

My dad stayed in the independent living facility in Treemont. He lived by himself when my mom was in their nursing home for a couple of months. It was an older facility. It was also small. Their apartments were very small and very antiquated too. However, my dad liked this facility. He made many friends there. He would go and meet with other people and eat with them. They have a once-a-week happy hour, but I would have to say that they did not have as many events as the other facility. Nevertheless, their community areas were very nice. Actually, everybody there was nice. The staff was also wonderful.

Colleen7 June 08, 2013

Treemont is a place for older people, sixty-five years old and above. My mother had a fracture in the back so she had to be there. They have a doctor on-call, worked with her in physical therapy and they have an exercise program after she finished her rehab. She's now ready to move out after two and a half months.

I'm very impressed that once a week you can get your hair done and they have a lot of entertainment for the patients if they chose to go to them. The rest of the patients are wheelchair bound but they still have opportunities to do things. The staff was kind and loving to her. I'm really impressed with the care they take for their patients.

Mary61030850 June 07, 2013

Treemont was my first choice because I used to live in the neighborhood and I've known Treemont since it was built. I really was interested in that. We really like the place. The food was delicious and we enjoyed the whole experience. However, we realized we would have to go somewhere else for assisted care. We wanted a facility where it would go straight to nursing homes. Sadly, Treemont didn't have assisted care.

Caring 4280 March 28, 2013

Treemont is excellent. My mom is having a great time there. She has a 1 bedroom apartment with a refrigerator, a microwave oven and a cupboard. She gets 3 very good meals a day included in her rent. They have parties, a cinema room, a beauty salon and a beautiful library with computers. They encourage you to bring your pets. They have a dog park. I would absolutely recommend this facility.

jonestexas November 05, 2011

I could only afford the $1,000 efficiency and it was very tiny - just a room with a refrigerator and a microwave (but no where to put it) so I stayed out of the room as much as possible. I made a LOT of friends there and that's their redeeming quality - nice people. Lots of activities and a choice in food.

From Treemont Dallas

Treemont Retirement Community provides a full range of choices for today's seniors. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. Our Brookdale community delivers Inspired Independent Living, with the promise of Exceptional Experiences Everyday. In choosing this community, our residents have made a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver enhanced opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through the exceptional services, amenities and opportunities we offer.

Our Optimum Life® and Celebrations programs provide an all-encompassing way of life that touches our residents, their families and associates alike. Optimum Life® is a journey of self-discovery including services, features and benefits that allow each resident to pursue their peak level of health, wholeness and fulfillment while balancing six key dimensions of personal wellness: emotional, intellectual, physical, social, spiritual and purposeful. As part of Optimum Life® we encourage our residents to celebrate life each day. Inspired dining, with fresh meals prepared by chefs trained in our own Culinary Arts Institute, and vibrant lifestyle activities come together in our Celebrations program. These activities fill the monthly calendar with themed experiences, special events and group activities highlighting different cultures and cuisines in a common venue of camaraderie.

We provide care for our residents off of a Ala Carte menu so we can cater to the specific care they are in need of. Our friends for life program gives our residents the opportunity to make their good friends great neighbors, which instills the strong heritage we've continued to share for over 41 years throughout Dallas.

Features of Treemont Dallas

• Internet in residents' rooms
  • Technology extra: Emergency call system
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Physical therapy
  • Hospice care

• Companion suites: We do not offer companion suites

• Golf
  • General store
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library, Fitness room/Gym, Certified Fitness Trainer Inculded

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Some residents have in-room full kitchens (including oven, etc.)

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition
  • Tai chi
  • Activities extra: Computer class, Happy Hour twice a week, Men's Night, Church Services, Bean Bag Baseball, Ice Cream Social, And so Much More....

• Private services

• We offer respite care (short term stays)
  • Minimum age: 62

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living
  • We offer financial aid