The Victors at Forest Lane | (Formerly Summer Glen Senior Living)

2920 Forest Lane, Dallas, TX, 75234

Reviews of The Victors at Forest Lane | (Formerly Summer Glen Senior Living)

Lisamichele April 15, 2016

The facility is really nice and the staff cares greatly for the residents. I would highly recommend this facility to anyone who enjoys a real family atmosphere!!! The owners have made some really nice upgrades to the apartments and facilities and are very caring people.

William117593750 January 26, 2016

The Victors at Forest Lane, formerly Summer Glen Senior Living, was very nice; but the cost was too high for my mother's income. The rooms were nice, easily accessible, and well-appointed. The staff was very nice, and they went through all of the activities. The overall atmosphere was pleasant, and it would be enjoyable for someone living there.

We genuinely care for each and everyone that walks through our doors. Our rates are low as $950.00 for a shared apartment and $1500 for a studio apartment all inclusive, electric, water, gas, 3 meals a day restaurant syle, Activities, Gym, Spa Rooms, Billiards, Soda Shop, Chapel, Library, Business Center, Scheduled Transportation, washer and dryer facilities on each floor included, plus much more. The only expenses you will have is your own personal needs as well as TV, internet, and or telephone. We appreciate your comments and will be available to answer any questions you may have in the near future.

Arniclus December 17, 2015

We chose The Victors at Forest Lane for my mom. The staff is very helpful. Overall, the community is excellent.

Sheryl16 October 28, 2015

The Victors at Forest Lane was in a nice area. Everything was around it and there are places to eat, but it was just too far. It looks new and the rooms were nice.

Caring113225650 September 13, 2015

Everything at the Victors at Forest Lane is very nice. The staff is wonderful and nice. They served meals here, and the food is always very nice. If you said you don’t like something, they will substitute it. For a reasonable price, everything is included. They are remodeling and updating the inside. They have bingo, dominos, sometimes wheel of fortune, exercise class, and outings. Today, there is soda and social at the country store. There is a fried chicken outing, movie outings, and we do fancy nails. We have a chapel that we can go to anytime. I am very happy here.

We here at The Victors at Forest Lane truly care for our residents. We ate honored each and everyone of our residents calls The Victors "HOME" Our warm and inviting culture sets us apart from the cookie cutter communities as well as our individualize attention to each residents needs. We pride ourselves in having a 100% satisfaction survey for the entire community.

Ted9 August 22, 2015

The Victors at Forest Lane was probably the more established facility that we looked at. It obviously had a lot of history to it, so they knew what they're doing. They had been doing it a while, and they knew exactly what they're doing. They have a spacious facility. I would recommend someone to look at it. They have several different things. They have groups that play cards and groups that do puzzles together. And they would travel to the local shopping centers.

rrubio7777 January 02, 2014

I know Summer Glen is a beautiful place my friends mom lives there last 8yrs. she loved that place

YEmory80 January 02, 2014

Summer Glen is a wonderful place. My grandmother has been there for years, and I know she loves it there. The staff and managers are good at what they do, and they make sure the residents are taken care of. The environment is cozy and comfortable.

Caring71756750 November 28, 2013

My friends are living in Summer Glen and they have a good financial deal on it. In my investigation, it is probably the lowest price that they have in that area. They are paying a very low rate of less than $1,800 for almost two units that they made into one. They have two bathrooms, two bedrooms and a tiny counter. The staff is okay. It is in a very convenient location and they do have scheduled transportation to doctors, which is what they need. They have a few activities posted on the wall. However, to my friend they are immaterial because they don't do anything on activities. The only major problem is the food. The food is not very good. They need to improve on their food.

JNP March 18, 2013

Although the furniture is older, the food is excellent. The staff is friendly and caring and the residents are very nice. They have chapel services every Sunday and Bible study on Wednesdays.

Michael F. October 19, 2011

Summer Glen was a very beautiful facility... when I drove past it before, I actually thought that it was an apartment complex.

It looks nothing like any type of nursing home or assisted living facility... it is more like an independent facility for living with staff to help take care of things when the elderly person cannot do so on their own.

I would highly recommend Summer Glen to anyone in the Dallas area. Although insurance usually is not taken here, the extra price for what you get is well worth it. If I retire in Dallas, I will retire here.

From The Victors at Forest Lane

The Victors at Forest Lane is a senior living community for 55 and wiser. We pride ourselves with our outstanding care, compassion, and warm inviting community. We offer independent living plus with our wellness concierge programs that are al la carte' services like medication reminders, wake up calls, additional housekeeping and or laundry services to name a few.

We offer a full restaurant style dining. A seperate chapel with organ and piano for services. A stage and dance floor for performances. Country Store and Old Fashion Soda Shop for gethering and making memories. Billiards table, gardening area, Library and Business Center with comptuer and internet access. Scheduled Transportation to medical appointents and to run errands withing a 20 mile radius included in your rent. All utilities included in rent expect for telephone, cable, and or internet in your apartment. Laundry facilities are on each floor for your use included in your rent as well. Weekly housekeeping to do your linens and towel as well. 24 hour concierge service as well as a Wellness Concierge program for additional needs like Medication Management/Reminders, Home Health Services, Hospice Service, Pharmacy that Delivers to the community. Monthly committe meetings to discover what you want to eat, activities to do, and Tow n Hall Meetings to keep everyone informed. These are a few amenitys that retirees like and are the reason they call The Victors, Home.

Features of The Victors at Forest Lane

• Housing extra: Shared-Companion Studios
  • Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• General store
  • Coffee shop
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: 24 hour concierge and security cameras

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition
  • Tai chi
  • Activities extra: Computer class, Pottery with a Kiln

• Private services

• We charge an entry fee
  • Fee structure extra: Pet Deposit $350

• Dining extra: All residents have in-room kitchenettes; Room Service $5.00 per delivery

• Minimum age: 55

• Technology extra: Resident purchases Cable TV and or Internet for their apartment

• We help families understand VA benefits